Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

End of matchday programme?

They're moving to a bartering system whereby you have to sing a complete chorus of On the Ball City to get a free copy. However, if you sing "scrummage" instead of "scrimmage" you forfeit your copy.

If I can buy a £2 ice cream from a van on the hard at Brancaster harbour using a card then I’m sure buying a programme is feasible on the way to the game. Only concern is the range of the devices and possibility of accidental withdrawal from people just passing nearby?

27 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

If I can buy a £2 ice cream from a van on the hard at Brancaster harbour using a card then I’m sure buying a programme is feasible on the way to the game. Only concern is the range of the devices and possibility of accidental withdrawal from people just passing nearby?

Many of the programme sellers around the ground have had card machines for a couple of years or more.

Been a while since I've been to Carrow Road. Is there a bookies there as i imagine they will still do cash.

I don't purchase anything from the club on match days.....I get my programme included in the price of my ST as well as a half-time beverage an' biccies....oh, an' a padded seat....I usually give my programme away if I'm off on the lash or it just becomes loft insulation.....and I don't bother with queuing for the biccies an' beverage either. I think I can survive without the lack of sustenance and nutrition for 120 odd minutes (sometimes even a wee wee).... I just let the biscuit bandits fill their little hamster pouches like it's their last supper with bourbon an' custard creams etc.....'Yom yom yom'....

I think apart from the die-hards many folk will just disregard purchasing programmes in the future, much like avoiding club concourse refreshments as they will source their bag o' goodies or have a pre-match meal before the game from Riverside outlets or the huge supermarket across the road.....

I just won't let a cashless stadium impinge on my spending habits....

On 23/07/2021 at 07:51, glory.win or die. said:

I imagine they will sell programmes for cash outside the ground, but not in the shop or stadium.

No, the club have confirmed that these will be cashless too.

On 23/07/2021 at 06:07, horsefly said:

However, if you sing "scrummage" instead of "scrimmage" you forfeit your copy.

This particular test should be used for tickets too. If you know the words, you get priority over the rotten casuals that don't 😄