Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich v Huddersfield ***SLIGHTLY OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

Lees-Melou and Rupp together means the ball's going through the middle at more pace. Some of Lees-Melou's crossfield balls have come straight out of the Vrancic copybook.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Gonna re-emphasise. I really like Rupp. I think with  the right partner he's a great option. Great engine, great pressing and decent passer.

The same above, some lovely feet from him again, for someone who you wouldn't regard as technically skillfull he's very, very good on the ball.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Placheta's looking very decent. His work off the ball is really good.

As an attacking FB option he looks more comfortable than higher up the pitch in the way we play.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

WHAT A SLIDE TACKLE BY MUMBA THERE!!!

You can tell we've been without domestic football for a bit with posts like this, but i'm fully on board 😂

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

You can tell we've been without domestic football for a bit with posts like this, but i'm fully on board 😂

As a veteran full-back/wing-back who likes a big slide tackle, that one gave me muscle tweaks I haven't had in ages.

I think we need an answer to the main question here...If Jordan Rhodes scores against us, will he celebrate? 🤔😂

Apples

1-0 after 45 minutes. Looked quite bright there with the odd error. Omo's made a couple of minor schnitzers on the ball. Rupp and Lees-Melou is a really interesting midfield two.

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lees-Melou running the show so far every one of his crosses and passes have been perfecton

Rashica somehow missing an open goal by shooting it into the moon.. And Placheta being about as useful as a chocolate teapot at left back

Not sure why the Placheta hate, he’s been neat and tidy all game. People just seem to have it in for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Not sure why the Placheta hate, he’s been neat and tidy all game. People just seem to have it in for him.

He's been alright going forward it's the defending that's been worrying although given he's not a defender can't complain too much

1 minute ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

With some of Lees-Melou’s crossing, Hugill might be worth having around

Careful now, don't mention the man who certain people on here want shipping to a 3rd tier Bolvian team

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

We must a scapegoat!

The bull-sh-itters on the stream asking about Gilmour when it's been said 623,231 times that he's injured is seriously hacking me off.

Looking a bit more fluid with a back four as more options in midfield. Placheta looks ok in no mans land but further forward and as an out and out defender I'm not so sure. He's ok part of a back 5 as wingback although not Premier League quality.

It looks as though we have adjusted to losing Emi. You can't replace him so bring in players who have some of his assets.

Melou looks the man to slide the ball through to Pukki and Rashica looks the man to take them on.

I think we have gained pace from last season.

Not bothered about any mistakes too much. At least it shows they are trying things.

McGovern, Hugill, Idah, and Hernandez coming on. Pukki's definitely off.

Former Canary Harry Tough Hello and Andrew Ama Banna Dailly. Schofield's coming on for Satan.The subtitles are a delight.😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Former Canary Harry Tough Hello and Andrew Ama Banna Dailly. Schofield's coming on for Satan.The subtitles are a delight.😀

When Andrew 'on the bum Adele' came up i spat out a good few ml of pepsi all over my legs 

• Haha 1

Can tell Huddersfield are further into pre-season than we are. Will be a good test for this reason.