Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich v Huddersfield ***SLIGHTLY OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

Date of match: Friday 23rd of July 2021

Venue: Lotus training centre, behind closed doors friendly

Kickoff time: 1:30PM UK/London time

Format: Three 45 minute halves

Availability to watch: Will be streamed live free for all on the  official Huddersfield football clubs Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialHTAFC/videos

More infomation is available at: https://www.htafc.com/news/2021/july/watch-norwich-vs-town-live-on-youtube/

TEAM NEWS:
E6-nsZPX0AgpzCc?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

I do have a slight problem with “three 45 minute halves”. It’s ‘Periods’ or ‘sessions’, surely….

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I do have a slight problem with “three 45 minute halves”. It’s ‘Periods’ or ‘sessions’, surely….

I do take your point, We are not america though, so will always resist. 

Well, we often used this way of giving everyone a run out in intercounty practice matches, known over here as a "Game of tree turds, length of each turd to be agreed on the day."

I remember Adam Idah having a great first and turd turd,  but sat out the second in order to give teammates at least one turd each. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Law 7 : The duration of the match 

A match lasts for two equal halves of 45 minutes which may only be reduced if agreed between the referee and the two teams before the start of the match and is in accordance with competition rules.

So if this is an illegal match (in contravention of Law 7) presumably the stream will be illegal too? 

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Again, it's Lapps I feel for.

I hope we're not going to get ***official*** match threads started days before a match... 

Thats a fair point, can the official match thread actually be started before teamsheets are announced? Personally I feel the first post in the ***official**** match thread should be a screenshot of the teamsheet, everything else is the official pre-match thread...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Law 7 : The duration of the match 

A match lasts for two equal halves of 45 minutes which may only be reduced if agreed between the referee and the two teams before the start of the match and is in accordance with competition rules.

So if this is an illegal match (in contravention of Law 7) presumably the stream will be illegal too? 

17f.jpg

18 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Again, it's Lapps I feel for.

I hope we're not going to get ***official*** match threads started days before a match... 

Days? This thread was started at 11:50PM last night.

Besides I have already agreed with Laps I'm only dong this as a joke and for this years pre season friendlies, Laps get's all the real interesting divison matches and stuff. And I mean really who the hell cares? I even named this one 'slightly' to try and give you a chukle, Laps still gets the right for real offical ones

14 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Thats a fair point, can the official match thread actually be started before teamsheets are announced? Personally I feel the first post in the ***official**** match thread should be a screenshot of the teamsheet, everything else is the official pre-match thread...

We really do have to sort out some kind of system here 😉

Do we have enough fit players to play this length of time? 

Hanley and Gibson still out (I believe) so will be interesting how we deal with 5 at the back.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Do we have enough fit players to play this length of time? 

Hanley and Gibson still out (I believe) so will be interesting how we deal with 5 at the back.

In yesterdays presser Farke did say that some of our Euro boys such as Krul and Pukki (Prehaps Hanley too?) are back at the club and he would be making a late call to see if they can play today but given we have three 45 minutes and the entire point of this friendly it would seem is to get all the players we have time on the pitch I would not be too surprised to see them come on at some point

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

In yesterdays presser Farke did say that some of our Euro boys such as Krul and Pukki (Prehaps Hanley too?) are back at the club and he would be making a late call to see if they can play today but given we have three 45 minutes and the entire point of this friendly it would seem is to get all the players we have time on the pitch I would not be too surprised to see them come on at some point

I think I heard Gilmour is out so will be an opportunity for the youngsters to cover the midfield.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think I heard Gilmour is out so will be an opportunity for the youngsters to cover the midfield.

Imagine making the match free for all to watch but having Gilmour out

Christ nobody tell the Chelsea fans think that video of him during the Kings Lynn friendly is on like half a million views or something now 😂

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Well, we often used this way of giving everyone a run out in intercounty practice matches, known over here as a "Game of tree turds, length of each turd to be agreed on the day."

I remember Adam Idah having a great first and turd turd,  but sat out the second in order to give teammates at least one turd each. 

"After dirty tree minutes of the turd turd, Idah put one under the goalie"...

• Haha 1

Pukki, Krul and possibly Gibson or Hanley back.

but we’ve managed to injure Gilmour already with our pre season training. I wonder if we’ve had any news signings in the last few seasons who haven’t picked up some sort of injury adjusting to our training. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Pukki, Krul and possibly Gibson or Hanley back.

but we’ve managed to injure Gilmour already with our pre season training. I wonder if we’ve had any news signings in the last few seasons who haven’t picked up some sort of injury adjusting to our training. 

Of course we have injured him. Our most promosing youngster who is destined to be the next Lampard minus the personality flaws? Who many tip to be the key player to keep us up and our dreams of staying in the Prem alive?

Of course he would get injured in pre season. It just makes sense

🙃

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine making the match free for all to watch but having Gilmour out

Christ nobody tell the Chelsea fans think that video of him during the Kings Lynn friendly is on like half a million views or something now 😂

Hilarious reading the 2nd half comments of all the loyal Chelsea fans on the Lynn You Tube stream asking what number Gilmour was!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of course we have injured him. Our most promosing youngster who is destined to be the next Lampard minus the personality flaws? Who many tip to be the key player to keep us up and our dreams of staying in the Prem alive?

Of course he would get injured in pre season. It just makes sense

🙃

Only minor though. A precaution. 

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

"After dirty tree minutes of the turd turd, Idah put one under the goalie"...

Presumably it was a curler...... 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Nah not for me. It's a 135 minute game rather than the usual 90 minutes, i.e. a 1.5x length game. So thinking about it from the viewpoint of the normal 90 minute structure (which nearly all games are) it definitely makes sense to say 'three halves'.

I look forward to your reply on this Friday morning hot topic of debate. 😄 

Besides I have already agreed with Laps I'm only dong this as a joke

So you think its OK for Lapps and yourself to make sweetheart deals and exclude the rest of us. And are you assuming an air of authority over Lapps by missing out a crucial P in his name?

I think its about time we got a stinkin rich official thread starter.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Besides I have already agreed with Laps I'm only dong this as a joke

So you think its OK for Lapps and yourself to make sweetheart deals and exclude the rest of us.

I think its about time we got a stinkin rich official thread starter.

KGD you've forgotten the stars.... 

Which kinda proves your point. 

Consistency is required. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

KGD you've forgotten the stars.... 

Which kinda proves your point. 

Consistency is required. 

I was supposing any new thread starter might have problems with copyright with Lapps and choose asterisks or even plus signs

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Date of match: Friday 23rd of July 2021

Venue: Lotus training centre, behind closed doors friendly

Kickoff time: 1:30PM UK/London time

Format: Three 45 minute halves

Availability to watch: Will be streamed live free for all on the  official Huddersfield football clubs Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialHTAFC/videos

More infomation is available at: https://www.htafc.com/news/2021/july/watch-norwich-vs-town-live-on-youtube/

Also being streamed on Norwich Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/norwichcitytv/featured

image.png.5216bf8143839e133dc3265973eb28d3.png

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thanks for the update, thought it was just Huddersfield. Hopefully some decent commentery from us

Think they only confirmed teh stream this morning. I looked yesterday and it said details to be confirmed.

Because of the duration of the game I reckon there will be several of the U-23s included. I wonder if new boy Liam Gibbs will get a run out?

3 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Because of the duration of the game I reckon there will be several of the U-23s included. I wonder if new boy Liam Gibbs will get a run out?

From what I understand each half will have a different 11. Three halves, so it would seem they are planning on sticking the under 23's on although sadly I feel it may be too soon for Liam

Will be interesting that's for sure

E6-c7h_WYAAE3-v?format=jpg&name=small

Huddersfield team news in., and the Norwich legend that is Toffolo returns to face us. Seriosuly though t's a pretty strong squad one or two rotaton players but looks like the kind of team they would put out on an average matchday

• Like 1