Sign in to follow this  

Ok, fair play to Munby, he''s publically backed Nigel, which takes guts in this kind of situation. It looks like he''s got until the end of the season at least now, no matter what happens.

Or, does it show that Nigel and the board are too close for comfort? Any other club, and Nigel would have gone by now, but they seem to have some kind of special bond between the lot of them (Delia included). And at the meet the board in Sheringham, they certainly backed him up.

Whatever happens, lets keep supporting the team, they need us more than ever now. OTBC!

"Ok, fair play to Munby, he''s publically backed Nigel, which takes guts in this kind of situation. It looks like he''s got until the end of the season at least now, no matter what happens.

Or, does it show that Nigel and the board are too close for comfort? Any other club, and Nigel would have gone by now, but they seem to have some kind of special bond between the lot of them (Delia included). And at the meet the board in Sheringham, they certainly backed him up.

Whatever happens, lets keep supporting the team, they need us more than ever now. OTBC!!"

who gives a monkeys now thorpe???  the season is over and even I dont beleive worthy could conspire to lead us to a relegation battle!!  could he??

supporting the team isn''t the issue.  how many fans were berating the team on sunday around you Voice?  every city fan knows what they saw was poor performance, which is quickly becoming the norm at home games, as much as it has been away this season.  especially 2nd half, the fans around me were very quiet, but weren''t lambasting the team neither.  imo, most fans wany worthy to go.

If Mumby had said nothing this would have been interpreted as Anti-Worthington. He had little alternative but to make a positive comment. I just hope there are discussions behind the scenes.

Paul, remember worthington is a great manager remember, if he wants relegation he can get it!

once again the press have muddled with the words

Earnshaw was ment to say "The BOTTOM six is not beyond us"

im sorry but I am dumfounded. What is the point in keeping him until the end of the season and then sack him. They wont. He will be given til October to see if he can get us challenging again. We''ll get the same start as we did this season and he''ll finally go and we''ll have to write off another season and the parachute payments will end. 

We have no future with Worthy IMO. The young players are not coming through. The team still has some quality but he is unable to get it out of them.

I am still waiting for a post which can give any positive to keeping hold of Worthy and to say there is nobody out there to replace him is absolute rubbish. 

[quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Ok, fair play to Munby, he''s publically backed Nigel, which takes guts in this kind of situation. It looks like he''s got until the end of the season at least now, no matter what happens.

Whatever happens, lets keep supporting the team, they need us more than ever now. OTBC![/quote]

As I said on a previous post, you must use words like forked, tounge, pinch and salt with RM.

I have met him on two occassions now, and both times involved long, face to face debates, over Mire Walker (I''m a huge fan of his ) both times he assured me that the board (including Delia) backed him to the hilt.

Two weeks later, Mike was sacked!.

Hmm?.