Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

This could be interesting - starts in 15 minutes!

All the details are already up on the official site - the press conference was at 1. This is just the video, but there is a rundown of everything included in it on the website.

Essentially, Daniel happy to be here, turned down offers from elsewhere to stay. Webber says we have quite a bit more business to do but not rushing down out list of targets and we are playing the waiting game on some - last time, we apparently gave up on our top targets too quickly and rushed down the list to end up getting our bottom ones. 

Rest of details are here: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/july/press-conference-daniel-farke-on-new-contract/

I think lakey writes his scripts 

DF: In my craziest dreams. I go into each an every game wanting to win the game and if we win all the games we win the title, but we are not naive. If you gave me a letter that said we would finish 17th next season, I wouldn't sign it. I just want to say after next season, that we have done the best out of our opportunity, that we have delivered our best performance.

Just now, Greavsy said:

I think lakey writes his scripts 

DF: In my craziest dreams. I go into each an every game wanting to win the game and if we win all the games we win the title, but we are not naive. If you gave me a letter that said we would finish 17th next season, I wouldn't sign it. I just want to say after next season, that we have done the best out of our opportunity, that we have delivered our best performance.

No, it's just that great minds think alike 😇

Seriously though, his philosophy is brilliant - an inspirational figure and so humble with it.

"This could be interesting - starts in 15 minutes!"

Disappointing!

I thought we were going to get a full lecture.

Not even a short one - just a link.

💩

• Haha 1

That's what he's doing there, playing the inspirational figure. Realistically he would take 17th if it was somehow offered now.

Or Webber would sign it so Farke didn't have to.

Farke seems very confident. 

I have such faith in him that I find myself believing what he's saying despite how unlikely it is. I wonder what's gotten him to be so brazen all of a sudden, he must have faith in his own ability but maybe he knows something we don't about potential incomings...or he just really rates our business so far. Either way it's encouraging coming from him because he hasn't steered us wrong with his aims, ambitions and squad assessments so far. 

19 minutes ago, kick it off said:

All the details are already up on the official site - the press conference was at 1. This is just the video, but there is a rundown of everything included in it on the website.

Essentially, Daniel happy to be here, turned down offers from elsewhere to stay. Webber says we have quite a bit more business to do but not rushing down out list of targets and we are playing the waiting game on some - last time, we apparently gave up on our top targets too quickly and rushed down the list to end up getting our bottom ones. 

Rest of details are here: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/july/press-conference-daniel-farke-on-new-contract/

Plus we are going to be relegated because our owners don't realise that it is the 21st century and that nobody has moral scruples any more...🧐

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

our owners don't realise that it is the 21st century

You could well be right as in the video released a couple weeks ago with Delia in the refurbished Yellows not once but twice in the interview she stated we will be playing in the Premiership as opposed to saying Premier League.

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You could well be right as in the video released a couple weeks ago with Delia in the refurbished Yellows not once but twice in the interview she stated we will be playing in the Premiership as opposed to saying Premier League.

Well that's the final straw as far as I am concerned...

Don't think Farke was ever going to say our signings so far have been sh@t and we have no chance whatsoever.

Webber eluded to there being late business as clubs are worried about selling at too low a price.

It's the usual non committal neutral response at this stage.

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just curious, but do you call the City Stand the Main Stand, or the Regency Security Stand the River End?

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well that's the final straw as far as I am concerned...

Yep convinced me, Delia out, how dare a octogenarian  not be ' up with the hip' Daddyo? 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just curious, but do you call the City Stand the Main Stand, or the Regency Security Stand the River End?

City Stand and River End.

Happy to help Lakey.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:
5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

City Stand and River End.

Happy to help Lakey.

So does that mean you are living half in the 20th century and half in the 21st?? 🤔

• Haha 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

So does that mean you are living half in the 20th century and half in the 21st?? 🤔

I am not sitting in the boardroom as the owner but at least i know what League we are playing in.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

That intrigues me the most. It suggests that Duda was higher up on the list than perhaps people feel he was worth being considering we tried to sign him in the summer.

Webber said we got to the bottom of our list too quickly. Who was he referring to, and are they still at the club?

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Webber said we got to the bottom of our list too quickly. Who was he referring to, and are they still at the club?

Rupp was a January signing they had been watching for much longer. So I wouldn't say it would have been him as Webber was talking about the summer.

Drmic was signed on 1st July... so perhaps we had already rushed through the list before that?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I am not sitting in the boardroom as the owner but at least i know what League we are playing in.

I've been pulled up in the past for calling it "the premiership", but there is nothing wrong with it and pulling Delia up for saying it is a bit harsh. If you are in the Premier League, you are in the premiership - as in if you are a member of a club, you have a membership to that club.  They changed the name from Premiership League to Premier League because it is wrong grammatically to say "Premiership League".... but it is perfectly ok to refer to it as "the premiership".

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Where do we think he turned down other offers at?

No idea, but you would guess Bundesliga. I suppose the interesting thing is that Norwich gave permission for whoever to speak with Farke as he says he turned it down, not the club?

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've been pulled up in the past for calling it "the premiership", but there is nothing wrong with it and pulling Delia up for saying it is a bit harsh. If you are in the Premier League, you are in the premiership - as in if you are a member of a club, you have a membership to that club.  They changed the name from Premiership League to Premier League because it is wrong grammatically to say "Premiership League".... but it is perfectly ok to refer to it as "the premiership".

I call it both, sometimes “The Premiership”, sometimes “The Premier League”. I don’t see anything wrong when you compare the name difference between “Premiership” and “Premier League” to “First Division” and “Premiership”