Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

BK8 deal...

Ok, so the music videos, you need to have an understanding of what they are on about to understand the lingo, so you have already been exposed to that. I regularly listen to music these days and dont have a clue what they are on about! 

Wont argue the kids love watching Love island, and it cannot be stopped with catchup TV sources and the like, BUT the tv companies have been as responsible as they could be, by broadcasting after the watershed. Its up to the parents / adults in the house to control the access the youngsters get. The club (after a moral outcry) have tried to perform the same level of protection. 

Its a bit much, as a poster has stated previously for the club to bail a year early on an existing deal, line an unacceptable replacement, then blame the fans for the shortfall! 

Edited by Greavsy

Utter effing shambles.

And it could also mean a player(s) will also have to be sold, or a player not getting the contract he would like because of a bleedin' sausage.

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Ok, so the music videos, you need to have an understanding of what they are on about to understand the lingo, so you have already been exposed to that. I regularly listen to music these days and dont have a clue what they are on about! 

For music videos I was making a more direct link to the sexual imagry tbh. Way less subtle these days and christina aguilera had some good ones when I was a kid.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Webber being a bit of a cheeky ****er here.

As Bethnal has pointed out via twitter, the club chose to ends it existing £5m a year deal with Dafabet a year early.

So the fact they ****ed up the replacement is on them, he's deflecting.

Looks like a bit of internal politics to me.🤓

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

For music videos I was making a more direct link to the sexual imagry tbh. Way less subtle these days and christina aguilera had some good ones when I was a kid.

But you werent (see below)- You mentioned our run out music TALKING about drugs and thug life, and not sexual imagery unless they have started showing the run on music on the large screen! 

image.png.c3fa3f760623716c2bbb1409f10872ed.png 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But you werent (see below)- You mentioned our run out music TALKING about drugs and thug life, and not sexual imagery unless they have started showing the run on music on the large screen! 

image.png.c3fa3f760623716c2bbb1409f10872ed.png 

Poor post by me. Should have expanded on the first point and then spoke about our runout music in a second paragraph.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Poor post by me. Should have expanded on the first point and then spoke about our runout music in a second paragraph.

Fair dos. 

#respect

Webber calling it out after the two main culprits have left the building for 'new challenges', and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

It has?  I thought it is/was £35m

Sounds about right to me. If things take a turn for the worse that figure could go up. Although I hate and despair of this Government I'm hoping they've got it right so we don't have to sell another player to cover the losses. 

On 22/07/2021 at 16:16, RobNewman'sblisteringpace said:

How do the shirt sales compare to Dafabet ones?  I wouldn't have bought BK8 one but have bought Lotus one.  I appreciate that shirt sales alone are never going to plug the huge gap in funding.

I cannot see this equates to a huge gap in funding. I doubt the club received any money from BK8 and all that has happened is ONE income stream is lower.

And given the nature of these companies, who is to say they would not have gone ti ts up at some stage ? Or through impending government legislation the arz drops out of gambling sponsorship

If the club had altered and committed its player budget so quickly then that is the worry, not the suggested lowered amount

43 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

8 mins in....Webber calling out the professionally offended , who've cost the the club a new signing..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09q4v30

Is he outside these folks house shouting ?

"come put, come out...."

and did any of the come out ?

we need to be told

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

8 mins in....Webber calling out the professionally offended , who've cost the the club a new signing..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09q4v30

Already covered in this thread that they ended the Dafabet deal early due to concerns about the business, then replaced them with another suspect business. A multimillion pound **** up.

He's entitled to his opinions re: wider society and the "professionally offended" as you have called them, but If he truly believed it was the fault of overly sensitive fans, Ben Kensell would still be at the club.

Well if everyone didn’t get upset just for the sake of getting upset over a hotdog, we’d still have that money 👍

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Well if everyone didn’t get upset just for the sake of getting upset over a hotdog, we’d still have that money 👍

Would  a vegan  🌭 be more acceptable  to the professionally  offended?...in a gluten free bun of course. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Krul Mistress said:

Already covered in this thread that they ended the Dafabet deal early due to concerns about the business, then replaced them with another suspect business. A multimillion pound **** up.

He's entitled to his opinions re: wider society and the "professionally offended" as you have called them, but If he truly believed it was the fault of overly sensitive fans, Ben Kensell would still be at the club.

I still cannot believe that we are unable to get a respectable shirt sponsor for more than £5 million which is very low for premier league teams. We already were the lowest in PL terms so someone is not selling us very well - perhaps that’s why they have gone!

I'd heard Otis were interested in a two year deal and were quite happy to stick with us if we went down, knowing we'd go straight back up again. 

It's not even the shortfall to the club's transfer fund (which was an entirely predictable consequence of the furore) that concerned me most at the time.

It was people advocating for people to lose their actual jobs (i.e. their income, in a global pandemic!), under the guise of 'compassion'.  

I found the whole situation entirely baffling, and concerning. 

I have sympathies for people who feel upset by things, and am not inclined to judge whether they lack resilience, or whether something truly terrible has happened to them, but the disconnect between "empathy for how this makes ME feel (the furore)' vs 'empathy for how my demands make other people feel (calling for people to be sacked)' is a bit frightening. 

On 22/07/2021 at 17:06, PurpleCanary said:

Looks like a bit of internal politics to me.🤓

More so after Webber's comments late last week. He is not a stupid man. Ffar from it. But not very smart, given how the fiasco happened, to slag off the directors for supposedly caving into cancel culture when they were saving the club from someone else's mistake.

On 24/07/2021 at 14:56, Orly said:

It's not even the shortfall to the club's transfer fund (which was an entirely predictable consequence of the furore) that concerned me most at the time.

It was people advocating for people to lose their actual jobs (i.e. their income, in a global pandemic!), under the guise of 'compassion'.  

I have sympathies for people who feel upset by things, and am not inclined to judge whether they lack resilience, or whether something truly terrible has happened to them, but the disconnect between "empathy for how this makes ME feel (the furore)' vs 'empathy for how my demands make other people feel (calling for people to be sacked)' is a bit frightening. 

a rather bizarre argument based on the thought that employment over rides everything else - it does not, and should not

On 24/07/2021 at 14:56, Orly said:

I agree that the clamour for people to lose their jobs was baffling.

But it's not anywhere near as baffling as the implication that in order to be repelled by the BK8 deal, one must either lack resilience or have something truly terrible to have happened to them. That's probably the most bizarre take I've seen on the whole fiasco.

This all misses the point that we seem incapable of getting a top level sponsor when we think £5 million is good and now we haven’t even got that!

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

More so after Webber's comments late last week. He is not a stupid man. Ffar from it. But not very smart, given how the fiasco happened, to slag off the directors for supposedly caving into cancel culture when they were saving the club from someone else's mistake.

Yep, I thought it was a pretty stupid to say both from that perspective but also from the fact it isn't clever for a senior figure to be stirring up issues between the fan base.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yep, I thought it was a pretty stupid to say both from that perspective but also from the fact it isn't clever for a senior figure to be stirring up issues between the fan base.

Given all the drama that has already happend you would think it would be best to just keep your mouth shut about these things in public from now on

51 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

This all misses the point that we seem incapable of getting a top level sponsor when we think £5 million is good and now we haven’t even got that!

Tbf £5m pa isn't great but it's not that bad https://www.statista.com/statistics/254513/value-of-jersey-kit-sponsorships-in-the-barclays-premier-league-by-club/

Yes it would be bottom 3 here, but only £1.5m off mid table and considering man it's have just signed a deal worth £17m less pa than the one in here suggests that shirt sponsors would pay significantly less than pre-covid...

On 22/07/2021 at 15:44, Greavsy said:

Its a bit much, as a poster has stated previously for the club to bail a year early on an existing deal, line an unacceptable replacement, then blame the fans for the shortfall! 

Too right it is as is raising £500,000 from casual supporters or £200,000 from away fans. They tend to sell players for £30 million rather than £3 million. Any Club with any recent Premier League history is in a very favourable and privileged position relative to other Clubs regardless of the wealth of the owners. Stop moaning at or extracting from the fans and get on with it.