Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Tommy Robinson

Tommy Robinson has just lost his libel case. At last! a postive story to make the day that little bit happier.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/tommy-robinson-syrian-english-defence-league-huddersfield-english-b947185.html

Tommy Robinson loses libel case against Syrian schoolboy

The English Defence League founder was sued by Jamal Hijazi, a Syrian schoolboy who was filmed being assaulted at his school in 2018. 
Tommy Robinson has lost a libel case brought against him by a Syrian schoolboy who was filmed being attacked at school.

The English Defence League founder – whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon – was sued by Jamal Hijazi, who was assaulted in the playground at Almondbury Community School in Huddersfield in October 2018.

Shortly after the video of the incident went viral, Mr Robinson claimed in two Facebook videos that Jamal was “not innocent and he violently attacks young English girls in his school”.

In the clips viewed by nearly one million people, the 38-year-old also claimed Jamal “beat a girl black and blue” and “threatened to stab” another boy at his school, allegations the teenager denies.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MooreMarriot said:

And he has been told to pay £100,000 in damages........ to a schoolboy!

Plus costs hopefully.

But still gets off lightly - should be back in jail where he belongs.

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind. I'm sure he'll be on some crowd funder bludging off his followers.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind. I'm sure he'll be on some crowd funder bludging off his followers.

No doubt he'll do that, but how delightful that the racists who do cough up will know they are contributing towards a £100,000 nest egg for a little brown schoolboy.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

No doubt he'll do that, but how delightful that the racists who do cough up will know they are contributing towards a £100,000 nest egg for a little brown schoolboy.

Maybe he could get a few quid out of Hopkins?! Oh wait........😀

• Haha 1

"However, having been banned from social media platforms for alleged hate speech, he is unable to appeal for donations in the same manner or receive advertising revenue.

The official receiver will now search for concealed assets under other people's names, after Robinson, 38, used the name Stephen Lennon for his bankruptcy, The Times reported.

Paul Rouse, of the financial advisory firm Mazars, told the paper: “Mr Lennon will now be required to disclose his assets and liabilities to the bankruptcy trustee. The bankruptcy trustee will also conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances leading to Mr Lennon’s bankruptcy.”  7th March 2021

The final damages and costs figures will be agreed and submitted to the High Court at forthcoming hearings to establish Mr Yaxley-Lennon's means and assets."  22nd July 2021

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Court case crowd funded.

9 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Court case crowd funded.

which won't stop the little bigot from being financially stripped

all any crowd funding will do is pay those who prosecuted him - who might not otherwise get a bean

not the brightest of ideas, you would think

As with Farage, it seems 'my little fascist' has been fleecing the gullible - rightwing bigots. Tell them the sht they want to hear and watch the money roll in.

"Tommy Robinson has been accused of misusing supporters’ money, as he declares himself bankrupt despite receiving hundreds of thousands of pounds in donations and funding. In March Robinson, the English Defence League (EDL) founder and now self-styled journalist, was listed on the insolvency register under his original name Stephen Christopher Lennon.

In little over two months, he received almost £425,000 in donations from his supporters, documents suggest. He is also believed to have raised a significantly larger amount after being jailed for contempt of court in May 2018, though an American group called Middle East Forum said it had funded his defence.

Former employees have now raised questions about where the money from fundraising campaigns went. However, Robinson strongly denies misusing any funds. Around £10,000 was donated for a protest called the “day for freedom” that Robinson headlined in May 2018 – but Caolan Robertson, who worked for the far-right activist at the time, claims money he requested to purchase equipment and cover overheads “never materialised”.

The video producer, who has since stopped working with Robinson and disassociated himself from the far right, said he witnessed the transfer of large sums from a crowdfunding page into the activist’s business account and that after noticing the withdrawal of £33,000 in donations, he asked what the money was being used for.

Mr Robertson alleged his employer said he had “mates I’ve got to pay back” for “seshes”. “We realised that he was withdrawing huge amounts of [donations] in cash from a business bank account, and just giving it to his friends who were selling him coke and who he owed for nights out,” he added. “That wasn’t what we signed up for when we told our supporters that we needed it for kit, expenses, transport, security and staff costs.”

His concerns were echoed by another former employee who said they were not properly remunerated while working for Robinson, and a third person said payments they were due were delayed for several months.  Mr Robertson claimed that when drunk, Robinson would boast of being “f***ing loaded” and making “mad money”, while making lavish purchases, including a new car and designer clothes.

Robinson denies using cocaine and said he removed donated funds from the Donorbox account and put them into a business account “to run the business operations”. “These operations have included costs of travel, accommodation, film and editing crew and social media activity,” he added.

As Robinson unsuccessfully campaigned to be elected to the European Parliament in 2019, his family home – which he claims to have built himself – was on the market for £900,000. The large property, complete with a hot tub and annexe and situated in an upmarket Bedfordshire village, is believed to have later sold for a lower amount.

Robinson was also making money from other sources, including sales of his books and payments for speaking events. In August 2018, he signed an agreement to be paid £10,000 for a speaking tour of Australia, with half the amount to be received before his arrival in the country. Tickets went on sale for between A$85 (£48) and A$995 (£563) per head, but Robinson was not able to enter the country after being refused a visa. Robinson said he did not receive any money and it is not known whether ticket holders received a refund.

One of Robinson’s most significant fundraising drives is thought to have come from his bid to raise legal fees when jailed for contempt of court in May 2018, after filming a live stream outside Leeds Crown Court that breached reporting restrictions. However, a US think tank called the Middle East Forum, which claims to work to “protect western civilisation from Islamism”, said it helped to fund his legal team as well as organising three “Free Tommy” rallies.

Marc Fink, director of the Middle East Forum’s legal project, would not say how much money had been spent on Robinson. “The forum’s legal project has made a number of specifically earmarked grants to Robinson’s legal defence in cases that impacted the public discussion of Islam,”

Robinson claimed in 2018 that his former employer Ezra Levant, of Rebel Media, had “sorted out all my legal costs”. When asked about the funding, Mr Levant directed The Independent to a 2018 video in which he said he anticipated legal costs would amount to tens of thousands of pounds, with any surplus funds transferred to Robinson’s wife.

He said he wanted to use the money to fund a “new news network … across Europe”, which did not materialise. Robinson continues to ask for donations, with a recent email to subscribers appealing for contributions towards legal fees in “numerous” court cases.

Mr Robertson said he did not remember formal records being kept over how earnings and donations were spent. Robinson suggested Mr Robertson did not have access to his accounts and added that any comment as to how money was spent would be speculation. “I remember him going to a cashpoint and withdrawing £500 and being like ‘that’s for later’ and he just carried on doing it,” he added. “It went to coke habits, prostitutes, and his supporters thought it was going to kids and security and all that stuff.”

Robinson denied the claims, “I have the utmost respect for my supporters and have never behaved in a dishonest way towards them.  “I confirm that I do not use cocaine and prostitutes. I do wear designer clothes and always have done. I had other sources of income including from building and property development and tanning shops. I no longer have any assets or income. “Any purchases of personal items such as designer clothing have been paid for personally.”

Public records show Robinson is linked to a number of companies under the names Stephen Lennon and Paul Harris. Only one company, a Luton-based construction company, is listed as active and no accounting information has yet been filed. The other five companies with Robinson as director, including a “news agency” and firms for “translation activities”, “book publishing” and “management consultancy”, were dissolved without publishing accounting information.

His wife, Jenna Lennon, was also listed as the director of two of the companies. She is currently named as the director of an “information service activities” company set up in March 2019 which has also filed no accounts. Mr Robertson said the tens of thousands of people who donated to Robinson deserve to know how their money was spent."

“I think that they should know that their messiah, their prophet, is a charlatan,” he added. “He should be exposed for who he is.”

Welcome to the real world my little bigot, You have been had over, just as have the followers of Farage, Trump and any number of evangelical pastors in the US. And as long as your sort want to be fed right wing sh ite, there will be unscrupulous shysters willing to make money from filling your silly heads with the stuff (see Johnson)

Translation activities, eh? That would be fun. Wonder what his second language is, as usually translators will work from their second language into their mother tongue (*points out own Masters degree in translation here).

Of course, this is funnier. He said he'd "been mugged off by some leftie". Pretty much admitted he didn't do research and just swallowed the bait without checking it himself.

Tommy Robinson admits he shared 'fake news' about Muslims attacking boy at school where Syrian refugee was filmed being bullied | London Evening Standard | Evening Standard

On 22/07/2021 at 22:03, TheGunnShow said:

Translation activities, eh? That would be fun. Wonder what his second language is, as usually translators will work from their second language into their mother tongue (*points out own Masters degree in translation here).

Of course, this is funnier. He said he'd "been mugged off by some leftie". Pretty much admitted he didn't do research and just swallowed the bait without checking it himself.

Tommy Robinson admits he shared 'fake news' about Muslims attacking boy at school where Syrian refugee was filmed being bullied | London Evening Standard | Evening Standard

Yaxley-Lennon translates facts into fiction 

What a horrible man Tommy Robinson is! I can’t stand him at all.

Honestly, people just ignore anything he says, as he obviously just seeks attention.

On 22/07/2021 at 22:56, Bill said:

As with Farage, it seems 'my little fascist' has been fleecing the gullible - rightwing bigots. Tell them the sht they want to hear and watch the money roll in.

"Tommy Robinson has been accused of misusing supporters’ money, as he declares himself bankrupt despite receiving hundreds of thousands of pounds in donations and funding. In March Robinson, the English Defence League (EDL) founder and now self-styled journalist, was listed on the insolvency register under his original name Stephen Christopher Lennon.

In little over two months, he received almost £425,000 in donations from his supporters, documents suggest. He is also believed to have raised a significantly larger amount after being jailed for contempt of court in May 2018, though an American group called Middle East Forum said it had funded his defence.

Former employees have now raised questions about where the money from fundraising campaigns went. However, Robinson strongly denies misusing any funds. Around £10,000 was donated for a protest called the “day for freedom” that Robinson headlined in May 2018 – but Caolan Robertson, who worked for the far-right activist at the time, claims money he requested to purchase equipment and cover overheads “never materialised”.

The video producer, who has since stopped working with Robinson and disassociated himself from the far right, said he witnessed the transfer of large sums from a crowdfunding page into the activist’s business account and that after noticing the withdrawal of £33,000 in donations, he asked what the money was being used for.

Mr Robertson alleged his employer said he had “mates I’ve got to pay back” for “seshes”. “We realised that he was withdrawing huge amounts of [donations] in cash from a business bank account, and just giving it to his friends who were selling him coke and who he owed for nights out,” he added. “That wasn’t what we signed up for when we told our supporters that we needed it for kit, expenses, transport, security and staff costs.”

His concerns were echoed by another former employee who said they were not properly remunerated while working for Robinson, and a third person said payments they were due were delayed for several months.  Mr Robertson claimed that when drunk, Robinson would boast of being “f***ing loaded” and making “mad money”, while making lavish purchases, including a new car and designer clothes.

Robinson denies using cocaine and said he removed donated funds from the Donorbox account and put them into a business account “to run the business operations”. “These operations have included costs of travel, accommodation, film and editing crew and social media activity,” he added.

As Robinson unsuccessfully campaigned to be elected to the European Parliament in 2019, his family home – which he claims to have built himself – was on the market for £900,000. The large property, complete with a hot tub and annexe and situated in an upmarket Bedfordshire village, is believed to have later sold for a lower amount.

Robinson was also making money from other sources, including sales of his books and payments for speaking events. In August 2018, he signed an agreement to be paid £10,000 for a speaking tour of Australia, with half the amount to be received before his arrival in the country. Tickets went on sale for between A$85 (£48) and A$995 (£563) per head, but Robinson was not able to enter the country after being refused a visa. Robinson said he did not receive any money and it is not known whether ticket holders received a refund.

One of Robinson’s most significant fundraising drives is thought to have come from his bid to raise legal fees when jailed for contempt of court in May 2018, after filming a live stream outside Leeds Crown Court that breached reporting restrictions. However, a US think tank called the Middle East Forum, which claims to work to “protect western civilisation from Islamism”, said it helped to fund his legal team as well as organising three “Free Tommy” rallies.

Marc Fink, director of the Middle East Forum’s legal project, would not say how much money had been spent on Robinson. “The forum’s legal project has made a number of specifically earmarked grants to Robinson’s legal defence in cases that impacted the public discussion of Islam,”

Robinson claimed in 2018 that his former employer Ezra Levant, of Rebel Media, had “sorted out all my legal costs”. When asked about the funding, Mr Levant directed The Independent to a 2018 video in which he said he anticipated legal costs would amount to tens of thousands of pounds, with any surplus funds transferred to Robinson’s wife.

He said he wanted to use the money to fund a “new news network … across Europe”, which did not materialise. Robinson continues to ask for donations, with a recent email to subscribers appealing for contributions towards legal fees in “numerous” court cases.

Mr Robertson said he did not remember formal records being kept over how earnings and donations were spent. Robinson suggested Mr Robertson did not have access to his accounts and added that any comment as to how money was spent would be speculation. “I remember him going to a cashpoint and withdrawing £500 and being like ‘that’s for later’ and he just carried on doing it,” he added. “It went to coke habits, prostitutes, and his supporters thought it was going to kids and security and all that stuff.”

Robinson denied the claims, “I have the utmost respect for my supporters and have never behaved in a dishonest way towards them.  “I confirm that I do not use cocaine and prostitutes. I do wear designer clothes and always have done. I had other sources of income including from building and property development and tanning shops. I no longer have any assets or income. “Any purchases of personal items such as designer clothing have been paid for personally.”

Public records show Robinson is linked to a number of companies under the names Stephen Lennon and Paul Harris. Only one company, a Luton-based construction company, is listed as active and no accounting information has yet been filed. The other five companies with Robinson as director, including a “news agency” and firms for “translation activities”, “book publishing” and “management consultancy”, were dissolved without publishing accounting information.

His wife, Jenna Lennon, was also listed as the director of two of the companies. She is currently named as the director of an “information service activities” company set up in March 2019 which has also filed no accounts. Mr Robertson said the tens of thousands of people who donated to Robinson deserve to know how their money was spent."

“I think that they should know that their messiah, their prophet, is a charlatan,” he added. “He should be exposed for who he is.”

Welcome to the real world my little bigot, You have been had over, just as have the followers of Farage, Trump and any number of evangelical pastors in the US. And as long as your sort want to be fed right wing sh ite, there will be unscrupulous shysters willing to make money from filling your silly heads with the stuff (see Johnson)

Two for the price of one with Billy😁

"Ein Vorteil der Klugheit besteht darin, dass man sich dumm stellen kann. Das Gegenteil dürfte schon schwieriger sein!"

(Kurt Tucholsky)

And "Robinson" is beautifully proving it.

14 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

a 5 year stalking ban... isn't stalking illegal anyway?

I certainly thought so - quite bizarre that you can be banned for five years from doing something that is illegal at any time.

Still, not unusual for our legal system to reach conclusions that defy common sense – you would have thought that our ‘Justice’ system would have thrown the book at someone with his track record both of violence and general contempt for the law.

I think it says quite a lot about the totally malign set of values at work at the heart of this Government and personified by the Home Secretary who, almost incredibly, is trying to pass legislation to protect border force officials against prosecution if they are responsible for causing deaths of migrants by enforcing her policy of forcibly turning them back in the Channel which is itself totally illegal under maritime law.

She has repeatedly backed a racist and misogynist police force through scandal after scandal.

She is also trying to severely curtail the right to peaceful protest and yet time after time a violent and extreme right wing protester/campaigner leaves court after a bit of a ticking off.

Angela Rayner called it right - scum, the lot of them.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

Love this:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/edl-founder-tommy-robinson-turfed-out-of-wing-kingz-after-he-complains-about-discrimination/ar-AAQdV8t?ocid=msedgntp

EDL founder Tommy Robinson turfed out of Wing Kingz after he complains about ‘discrimination’

One waitress hits back at him: “Unfortunately none of us are happy to serve you so can you please leave the restaurant because you will not be sitting here today.”

Asked by Robinson to explain why, she says: “I’m pretty sure you know why. My staff are not happy to serve you, any of my staff all of them. I don’t need to spell it out to you.”

Another man steps in and says: “Please leave. We are full up.”

Robinson later complained to his followers that a “minimum-wage waitress” should not be able to dictate who is allowed in after the confrontation on Sunday lunchtime.

BTW Tiny Tommy, a "minimum wage" waitress carries a million times more respect than a fraudulent ex-convict racist. I look forward to you being refused service on your next visit to a prison canteen (can't be far off).

Edited by horsefly

On 02/11/2021 at 16:01, horsefly said:

Love this:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/edl-founder-tommy-robinson-turfed-out-of-wing-kingz-after-he-complains-about-discrimination/ar-AAQdV8t?ocid=msedgntp

EDL founder Tommy Robinson turfed out of Wing Kingz after he complains about ‘discrimination’

One waitress hits back at him: “Unfortunately none of us are happy to serve you so can you please leave the restaurant because you will not be sitting here today.”

Asked by Robinson to explain why, she says: “I’m pretty sure you know why. My staff are not happy to serve you, any of my staff all of them. I don’t need to spell it out to you.”

Another man steps in and says: “Please leave. We are full up.”

Robinson later complained to his followers that a “minimum-wage waitress” should not be able to dictate who is allowed in after the confrontation on Sunday lunchtime.

BTW Tiny Tommy, a "minimum wage" waitress carries a million times more respect than a fraudulent ex-convict racist. I look forward to you being refused service on your next visit to a prison canteen (can't be far off).

Which is why the "Christian" outrage about not serving gays is a toxic precedent to set. If they say it's OK not to serve homosexuals due to their beliefs, then I shall refuse to serve those who believe in Abrahamic religions as I take the view that these are socially carcinogenic. Let's see where that goes...

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Which is why the "Christian" outrage about not serving gays is a toxic precedent to set. If they say it's OK not to serve homosexuals due to their beliefs, then I shall refuse to serve those who believe in Abrahamic religions as I take the view that these are socially carcinogenic. Let's see where that goes...

The deeper in we get with this, the more bizarre it will become. There are so many peripheral arguments about refusing someone and I guess there will be even more soon.

The refusal of Gays was highlighted in Cornwall when a couple refused to let Gays stay at their Guest House because of their homosexuality. The right to refuse was highlighted because they were Gay. Is it a valid reason? There isn't a law to say you have to like homosexuals. But there is one to say you cannot discriminate against them. So the Guest House owners based it on the sexual side of their relationship because they had no other reason.

Robinson was refused entrance because those working there obviously didn't want to serve him after some of the things he has said. They weren't being racist as they objected to his racism but did discriminate because they had no way of knowing whether he had repented his thoughts and acts.

Its a container ship of worms.

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I guess I know what point you are asking. But all his points only come from one direction.

Is it, "never trust a Christian convert"?