Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Wrong tense, Greeno

That''s re the headline on the back page of the EDP ("We hold our hands up - Greeno") - which is a reflection of what Green is saying, not a quote.The tense is right - just like the story also says "Norwich players know just how angry fans feel" - they may have known about it a while ago, but they still know about it. They are still holding their hands up as it is a current admission of their recent form. "Held" will be appropriate in future reference.

Well, Vince, Green has not always been my favourite goalie, but for me, for once in two seasons on my visits to Carrow Road he did show me a semblance of what he could be in his chosen profession.

For a change he was awake to dangers and looked as though he might start to take over the six yard area, not the 18 yard area mind you, this is perhaps a little too much to expect so soon in his carreer.  Oh for a Nethercott, or a Sandy Kennon, now they were goalies, they kept our defence on their toes, and up the field ten yards further up the field Big

Duncan Forbes was always checking back to his goalies, to get updated on his positioning, Thus he was a seconed line to marshal for the mid field. 

The verbals from this bunch of players is getting to be an ear ache over the last two seasons.  The team is too comfortable on the training ground, and the work done bears no semblance to the speed at which other teams like C Palace and others work. We get on the field and are overrun by modest triers, and our lot make them look like world beaters.  After all, they are out there where it happens and as they so often say, till I for one am sick of hearing it,"we''ve only got ourselves to blame, we''re the on''es out there".

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]That''s re the headline on the back page of the EDP ("We hold our hands up - Greeno") - which is a reflection of what Green is saying, not a quote.

The tense is right - just like the story also says "Norwich players know just how angry fans feel" - they may have known about it a while ago, but they still know about it. They are still holding their hands up as it is a current admission of their recent form. "Held" will be appropriate in future reference.
[/quote]

Obviously my posting was a little too obtuse. I meant "Held our hands up" as in "Surrendered". I''ll get me coat.