Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Well I'm also a 'we' which makes us more than an 'I'.....Plural, not singular.....

"We" implies everyone. If he wanted to be more accurate, he would have put -  "How are those of us who are over reacting, hanging on to something that happened weeks ago and which most of us have moved on from, going to get over it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm sure there's a 'phone box somewhere where you could meet up.

Sadly all phone boxes are currently occupied by Labour supporters holding conferences.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are a foul potty mouthed yokel, do you spit everywhere, put your dirty shoes on train seats and drop your fag butts on the floor too? Get over the Suffolk border you piece of trailer trash. 

Haha, when presented with your own hypocrisy all you're able to do is cry.

You definitely top our list of people on this forum who try to make out they're way smarter than they actually are. It's really very funny to watch you explode when you're called out on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

"We" implies everyone. If he wanted to be more accurate, he would have put -  "How are those of us who are over reacting, hanging on to something that happened weeks ago and which most of us have moved on from, going to get over it"

'WE'......doesn't imply everyone.....it's a pronoun.....it refers to a group of people that includes the writer or speaker....as long as there's two or more people in it.....'WE' is the pronoun to use.....Just being accurate.....Now stop attempting to be clever with yourself....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

'WE'......doesn't imply everyone.....it's a pronoun.....it refers to a group of people that includes the writer or speaker....as long as there's two or more people in it.....'WE' is the pronoun to use.....Just being accurate.....Now stop attempting to be clever with yourself....

It can mean both. It depends on the intention of the original user. In this case given he's asking an open question about a topic, it's almost certain to assume he was speaking for the entirety of the supporter base.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It can mean both. It depends on the intention of the original user. In this case given he's asking an open question about a topic, it's almost certain to assume he was speaking for the entirety of the supporter base.

Don't assume....check.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

"We" implies everyone. If he wanted to be more accurate, he would have put -  "How are those of us who are over reacting, hanging on to something that happened weeks ago and which most of us have moved on from, going to get over it"

Snodgrass.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Don't assume....check.....

Or, better yet, make your posts clear so others don't have to assume. 

It's not a big thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Or, better yet, make your posts clear so others don't have to assume. 

It's not a big thing.

Too much information....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well £35m obviously was the valuation.

But for me, that valuation feels very low.

If Buendia is a £35m player then Cantwell must be worth about £12m. 

We won't see a player as good as Emi in a Norwich shirt again.

We wont see a player as good as....well i said that when Madders left us so hey ho. You just wrote it yourself...TO YOU the valuation feels low...but were you actually involved in the official negotians that  took Emi to Villa?...or part of SW's  employed staff that are responsible for setting valuations on City players based in part on their saleable value  and getting as much as possible to help benefit the survivability of a self financed model club?...no...nor me either...none of us have a dang clue in that regards.

Truth is...just guessing once again...but if the previous record sale was Godfrey...possibly nudging toward the 30 mill mark...and Buendia's sale was pushing toward the 40 mill...thats a club record sale by around 10 mill  more..which in such uncertain and finacially restricted times is huge for a club such as ours. Move on TVB...as others have said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Thanks so much for that contribution, so simple and yet so profound. I've now had an epiphany and see my whole life differently.

We can apply that to every social problem or worry that we have...

Herpes? Just get over it. Simples.

Grief? Just get over it. Simples.

Depression? Just get over it. Simples.

Homelessness? Just get over it. Simples.

Drug Addiction? Just get over it. Simples.

Limbless? Just get over it. Simples.

Mount Everest? Just get over it. Simples.

Lake district canary for Prime Minister! 

You say "social problem or worry" and then name physical and medical issues amongst some others.

Herpes is a medical condition, it is not the same as having a perspective on a player sale.
Grief is a recognised state, not simply a "worry", it's loss, it's trauma.

I could go on.

Here's the thing. It's part and parcel of football. I used to get more attached to players and get upset if they wen't, but usually that was because they were more loyal and stayed for longer.

For example, seeing Huckerby treated the way he was by Roder hurt not only because he was an important player for us but because he was so loyal. He had told his agent to "sod off" so he could join us. Losing Eadie hurt because I was a kid still and he was a player I had grown up with. Iwan saw me through from 17/18 to my early 20's, and again, loved the club. To the point we know he and I think Worthington both sobbed when having that discussion.

These days that sort of loyalty is rarely present. Players nearly all come from elsewhere, even our academy players. They want to play at the highest level for the "best" clubs possible as quickly as possible. There is no room for sentiment. A very good player for us. But not a player loyal to us. It's just part of how football works.

You focus on the positives which is that had we not signed him when we lost Maddison, we may not have had two promotion seasons and a season in the prem with him. It is unlikely that until we are in that position ourselves, we will be able to retain players that want to push on to being more top flight established, whether that be the EPL or on the continent.

Folks that make arguments about being able to prevent players from leaving are living in the past. It's all player power now, and coaches/managers/sporting directors will not want to keep players that have no interest in putting their bodies on the line for your club. It's that simple.

Did we get good money or not? Nothing to get beat up about. We certainly got good money for other players we have sold since Webber and Farke arrived. Win some, lose some. Pritchard, Murphy x2, Watkins, we made good money on all of those and they arguably haven't showed their valuation on the pitch.

Buendia is not yet as good as Grealish - else Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea would have seen that and seen an utter bargain. Instead it is some of those sides looking at Grealish and Maddison and being prepared to pay more for them. One season of PL football Vs the multiples those two have. Grealish is a year older, Maddison about a month.

To be as good as them, he needs to put out displays that are as good as them in the PL every week consistently. He hasn't done that yet. So he isn't as good as them yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Selling Emi hurts fans' pride, which is understandable, but overall it may have been a sensible strategic decision. Unfortunately there will never be conclusive proof if it worked one way or the other. If Norwich survive they can say it was a good idea - although the lingering thought will always be there that they would have done even better with Emi around. If Norwich are relegated the argument will be it was because Emi was sold - but there is no way of knowing that if he stayed things would have been any different. 

Spot on Bethnal! At the end of the season we shall either have been relegated without Emi, or survived without him. In either scenario absolutely nothing will have been proven about the effect of his absence. Philosophers have written countless volumes on the fundamental impossibility of establishing a truth value for counterfactual statements, which are precisely the type of statements that all speculation about the effect of Buendia's sale depend upon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The feeling of being mugged.

For Buendia.

How are we ever going to accept losing our best ever player, a player who within six months will be considered one of the best players in the league, for the same amount Liverpool once paid for Andy Carroll and £15m less than Man Utd paid for England's fifth choice right back.

How do we get over the shame and embarrassment of selling Villa a player who is better than Grealish, for well less than half of what they will end up getting for Grealish?

 

staying up this year.

If we get at least 17th and then build from there then we got what we needed out of him.

It's the same feeling as Maddison, we all pretty much knew at the time that he was a bargain for Leicester but we needed the money more and used it to build a promotion winning side.

Whilst clearly I'd have him back in a flash, I don't miss Maddison as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

staying up this year.

If we get at least 17th and then build from there then we got what we needed out of him.

It's the same feeling as Maddison, we all pretty much knew at the time that he was a bargain for Leicester but we needed the money more and used it to build a promotion winning side.

Whilst clearly I'd have him back in a flash, I don't miss Maddison as such.

£1.5m-£3m for a player that helped get us promoted twice and a season of premier league football is a good return on any position on the pitch IMHO. We stand to make £30m-£35m+ on his sale. That's a great return in 3 years. And you know who did that? Farke and Webber - and those are the guys that worked hard to get him here and then worked hard to make him into the player he is today and not a nobody kicking around the lower divisions of the Spanish leagues on loan. If after all their hard work etc they are happy with the figure reached, why shouldn't we be?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chicken said:

£1.5m-£3m for a player that helped get us promoted twice and a season of premier league football is a good return on any position on the pitch IMHO. We stand to make £30m-£35m+ on his sale. That's a great return in 3 years. And you know who did that? Farke and Webber - and those are the guys that worked hard to get him here and then worked hard to make him into the player he is today and not a nobody kicking around the lower divisions of the Spanish leagues on loan. If after all their hard work etc they are happy with the figure reached, why shouldn't we be?

what we paid for him is irrelevant in my view... sure it makes a good success story but it makes no difference to what he's worth now. I suspect this will go the same way as Maddison and Emi will be linked with £50+m moves to the bigger sides in the not too distant future.

Big test for Webber to now finally nail premiership recruitment. That doesn't necessarily mean staying up, but if it means we get some upgrades in that then either sell on for a decent chunk more or help us bounce back again and then establish then that would work too. Primarily speaking though, this season is really about getting 17th and the style we do it in is secondary. If it means a slight moving away from Farkeball then so be it. "the best bottom side" just won't do any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Ran out of likes but never mind. Then again, I got banned from Rate My Plate for saying someone's French fries were "paler than Josef Fritzl's kids".

Done well to get banned from that page TGS...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been done to its death 

> not under valued for a player who has never performed to an elite level outside of the championship 

> we will make more than the 38 million on sell on fees 

> money received from villa gone straight into transfer funds 

> Farke and Webber previously sold talent only for club to go onto success

> Maddison sold to balance books hence lower amount 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, its like, sooooo surprising that Buendia who wanted to leave to a bigger club with more money to throw at him left, because it like, totally fits the MO of our Sporting Director to like, completely block the pathways of developing talent with like, a totally radical evil plan to keep every good player here forever.

Why didn't he just use the in game editor to add a few more years onto his contract and ignore his request to leave?

Totally.

the damage of selling is overestimated by sentimental supporters

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I cared that Emi left, but I don’t to be honest. Was happy to see the back of him after that end of season interview where he alluded to looking forward to playing back in the Premier League with us, giving supporters unnecessary false hope. And it was actually just a load of b0ll0xs. 👋 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I wish I cared that Emi left, but I don’t to be honest. Was happy to see the back of him after that end of season interview where he alluded to looking forward to playing back in the Premier League with us, giving supporters unnecessary false hope. And it was actually just a load of b0ll0xs. 👋 

Maybe he meant "playing with us" in a different sense, as he bamboozles our defence. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did care at first, but then I realised my caring holds no sway on what happens at Norwich and vice versa. Norwich have always been a stepping stone club for players. We all lost a nut when Maddison was sold but we didn't have a choice, it helped us avoid financial worries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...