Robornio

Farke’s new deal until 2025

3 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Standard reply to anybody who doesn’t conform to the deluded, blinkered belief that we as a club do nothing wrong or ever make a mistake. 

great the managers signed a contract. I personally can’t get excited about it. I’m a season ticket holder of over 35 years who doesn’t need sycophantic idiots telling me to do anything let alone go back to our rivals message board. 
And btw I’m not your mate. 

Is it significant to you that he's never broken a contract?

So good to hear this news, 4 more years of DF is about as good as it gets. A word for his back room staff to,  great to see them do the same as Daniel.

I was surprised.

I feel that he has already achieved enough in the game at Carrow Road to aspire to better pastures, especially in his homeland.

Brilliant news. A manager we can stick with through thick and thin.

In return the club need realise that the self-sustaining model is just that .... well over 30million in the coffers from selling Emi ... and not a self-destructing model whereby we weaken our chances next season by selling others that are needed in order to take that important step forward.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Always liked this song and a perfect answer to "Those Were the Days." up the road.

These are the days by the sparkling Wensum (Yare actually, but Wensum sounds better.)

These are the days of the endless Summer, well half the window left for more signatures.

These are the days of the great musician who turned the water into wine. My tribute to Daniel Farke.

And yes. I have been wining and dining tonight.

Edited by BroadstairsR

22 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Always liked this song and a perfect answer to "Those Where the Days." up the road.

These are the days by the sparkling Wensum (Yare actually, but Wensum sounds better.)

These are the days of the endless Summer, well half the window left for more signatures.

These are the days of the great musician who turned the water into wine. My tribute to Daniel Farke.

And yes. I have been wining and dining tonight.

Keep drinking, it’s a sweaty night. 

OK  then. My tribute to Delia. That might fluctuate though.

Old Willy's work on that old guitar is exceptional.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Is it significant to you that he's never broken a contract?

No. There’s always a first time. He’s a good guy I like him. Just can’t see where it is overly significant to us and our premiership survival.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

No. There’s always a first time. He’s a good guy I like him. Just can’t see where it is overly significant to us and our premiership survival.  

Water into wine my friend,

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Water into wine my friend,

I’m looking at a squad weaker the the last time we played in the premiership. When I’m not I’ll start to get excited. New manger contract or not he wasn’t able to do jack with the resources last time. He’s got even lest quality at his disposal now. Makes his signing a little less sparkling in my eyes.

Edited by Hardhouse44

9 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I’m looking at a squad weaker the the last time we played in the premiership. When I’m not I’ll start to get excited. New manger contract or not he wasn’t able to do jack with the resources last time. He’s got even lest quality at his disposal now. Makes his signing a little less sparkling in my eyes.

I think that most will accept that the squad is not actually weaker than last time.

Intended improvement is also likely.

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think that most will accept that the squad is not actually weaker than last time.

Intended improvement is also likely.

We’ve just lost the most creative player we’ve probably ever had. How are we not weaker.  

10 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

We’ve just lost the most creative player we’ve probably ever had. How are we not weaker.  

The gap left by the departure of Buendia cannot be assessed until the new additions (especially Rachida and Pierre L-M) have been given a chance to prove their worth. We've also borrowed a sharp young tool from Chelsea.

Apparently there are more to come.

17 clubs survived in the PL last season. None fielded Emi Buendia.

We have had creative players in the past .... some would argue moreso than Buendia.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

The gap left by the departure of Buendia cannot be assessed until the new additions (especially Rachida and Pierre L-M) have been given a chance to prove their worth. We've also borrowed a sharp young tool from Chelsea.

Apparently there are more to come.

17 clubs survived in the PL last season. None fielded Emi Buendia.

We have had creative players in the past .... some would argue moreso than Buendia.

Just keep making it fit to suit your argument. 
regardless of facts. 

5 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Just keep making it fit to suit your argument. 
regardless of facts. 

Eh? Nothing "made to suit my argument."

What exactly about my post was devoid of facts?

Edited by BroadstairsR

I don't think anyone disagrees that the loss of Buendia is disappointing, but he is one player and one who didn't keep us up last time. His stats from that season were not good, despite everyone picking up on the "chances created" line. One goal (against Watford when we were already down), seven assists, nine key passes, 28% shooting accuracy, 25% crossing accuracy, 2 errors directly leading to goals, 1 big chance missed and a red card when we needed him. (All from the Premier League website).

People pick up on his defensive attributes, but Cantwell's stats in the PL are better in terms of tackles made and won, clearances, interceptions, recoveries etc.

Buendia has had two outstanding Championship seasons. There is to date very little evidence to suggest he will be as effective against Premier League players - he certainly wasn't last time after his last outstanding Championship season. Setting aside the emotion of losing what looked like a potentially great player, everything suggests that selling him for what will be £40m was the right call for a player who wanted to leave. I don't know why he wanted to leave - maybe it was the £75k a week - but beating the club up for something they can't control is pointless.

We comfortably have a stronger squad than we had last time in the PL and there are more to come in. If you really can't see that then there is little hope for you enjoying this season.

When are we going to stop talking about buendia?  Great for us, but moved on - and for one of the best results and exhibitions of farkeball last season, Buendia wasn't even at the game, let alone on the pitch - away at Nottingham Forest. So we can play without him and will evolve into an even better team without him.

As for DF, if he stays full term of his contract, will become the longest serving manager in our history. To have him sign up for another four years is just brilliant.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

On 21/07/2021 at 18:32, Hardhouse44 said:

Dreamer you’re nothing but a dreamer. 

It means he gets a pay rise mate. As for all the other romantic twaddle you cited. It’s 2021 and none of that means squat.

wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all to help bury some more bad news. 

****  of the year post against strong competition.

Edited by Commonsense
Auto correction

Every time I see him talk or read quotes from him, I am even more impressed, even four years later. Sensible, passionate and strong minded. He has a philosophy about how football should be played (one that I love, so admittedly that helps) and he intends to stick to it.

Absolute legend. Even if we get relegated still a legend (sacrilege; I know that we should start burning effigies, etc etc).