50 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A few no shows GPB as 425 meals were served.

Those figures hide the reality,  there were in fact more no shows  than  that,  as Waveneyo cleared 174 of the spare  meals.

6 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Looking at what Todd said at the dinner, about looking forward to the new season and seeing the fans back at the Carra, i think that, although none of us ever know what goes on behind the scenes, the actual realism looks more like a local lad still not having lost his love and enthusiasm for being able to be part of playing for his boyhood club and wanting it to carry on,  rather than there being any truth in a rumour from some online media source who claim an exclusive about the situation with Todd being at an advanced stage in talks that could see him go to Villa.

As for his contract, a year still to run, City with option to extend a further year...its not like this  needs to be forcibly sorted today or tomorrow, it will be sorted as and when...as it will be the day when Todd does eventually  move on. As Bill said...que sera sera (i thought it was the Irish not the Welsh).

If the club knew he was in advanced transfer negotiations with another club, they'd be very foolish to select him to attend the fans' dinner and talk passionately about his love of the club and how much he's looking forward to the new season. Just asking for trouble if he then moves on a few days later. He may be sold this window, but I highly doubt he's currently in negotiations with anyone.

• Like 2