2 minutes ago, LondonCanary said:

All the pant wetting on a Football Insider article. 

Hope you are right.

I've got through three Tena pantees already. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Hope you are right.

I've got through three Tena pantees already. 

Hope the Alfa has leather seats.................

20 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Southampton fans may disagree!

They established themselves first, get bigger fees and spend more than us on replacements. 

Of course longer term thats the way our model has to work (out of necessity) but its the timing. I was not happy about the Emi sale for that reason but to sell Emi and Todd in the same window when we've just been promoted would be very, very disappointing.

That said i suspect there is not really any truth in the story anyway. 

He wanted out last year but WHY Villa ? Not going forward for him and may not get regular match time with what they have..

Good player but always try fancy stuff, if it comes off great but only about 20%. If we get £30 m think it might be a good deal for us I certainly dont think he is worth that but who am I?

Supported City for over 60 years build a team around players who want to wear the yellow shirt not boys who think they are better than City.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Lakey will be happy.

???

You really need to keep up. I've had criticisms of him in the past, but have been singing his praises for nearly a whole season now.

Edited by lake district canary

46 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Why do you need to get so angry and nasty about an obvious tongue in cheek remark?

It was meant jokingly, ie. not serious. I will never desert my club, but I am allowed the occasional bout of frustration at "what's been happening for thirty years" (more actually.)

I was in my short trousers when Ron Davies was sold. He was my hero. I need no rebuke, nor lectures.

Chill.  

He was mine too Broadstairs. How we only took £60K for him when Newcastle paid £100K for Wynn Davies from Wrexham still annoys me  

22 minutes ago, Mike w said:

He wanted out last year but WHY Villa ? Not going forward for him and may not get regular match time with what they have..

Good player but always try fancy stuff, if it comes off great but only about 20%. If we get £30 m think it might be a good deal for us I certainly dont think he is worth that but who am I?

Supported City for over 60 years build a team around players who want to wear the yellow shirt not boys who think they are better than City.

When has Todd said he is better than City?

• Like 1

This would only make sense from a Villa angle if they were preparing to lose Grealish to Man City.

If that’s not the case, and Cantwell still moves to Villa Park, they are certainly building an entertaining and destructive midfield, with a determined assault on a top six spot.

There seems an excessive amount of hysteria over this news item which has not really been substantiated.     Seems to me that with Emi leaving, this is perfect for Todd to step up and be our main man.    If Villa Keep Grealish then Todd may have a little more difficulty getting into the side.  That said. They may see him as Grealish's replacement.

From Daniels perspective he's already disappointed to lose Emi, if Todd goes too then it makes his job harder and could affect the morale of the group.    DF is no idiot though, the fact he’s just signed a four year contract (great news) he must be satisfied with the plan ahead and the ambitions of the club.   

Losing Todd would be such a disappointment if it happened though, just hope he follows Daniel in signing a new contract very soon.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

When has Todd said he is better than City?

Didn't he throw his toys out the pram last summer ?

2 minutes ago, Mike w said:

Didn't he throw his toys out the pram last summer ?

Yes, but that didn't seem to affect his attitude on the pitch. I think you can be ambitious and do your best for your current club. Most footballers are like that, there isn't much loyalty.

Todd is one of the few players at the club prepared to stick his head above the parapet, and was arguably our best player last time in the Prem.

Wouldn't make sense unless they are selling Grealish, which they won't be doing

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

Wouldn't make sense unless they are selling Grealish, which they won't be doing

Don't be too sure about that.

When Man Utd come calling, not many players refuse.

2 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Don't be too sure about that.

When Man Utd come calling, not many players refuse.

Didnt Shearer?! 

Up here in the Midlands surrounded by Villa supporters. I laughed when they were telling me he was about to sign for £15m the max they would be prepared to pay. Then again they thought we were taking this p*** when they thought we were asking 20m for Emi.

The only 'advanced talks' with Villa which would worry me would be if they wanted Daniel to replace what's his name -  oh wait !!!!

Btw Crafty, The Mighty Wyn signed for Newcastle from Bolton. Not being a clever ar*e, memory plays tricks, I keep thinking Ron signed from Wrexham which is equally wrong. What I didn't realise until checking up on my own memory was that Wyn was his middle name, his first name was ... Ronald. But what a pairing that was with Pop Robson in the Fairs Cup !!! But I agree with you our Ron was the best. The most complete centre forward of my lifetime bar none.

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

He was mine too Broadstairs. How we only took £60K for him when Newcastle paid £100K for Wynn Davies from Wrexham still annoys me  

Ron Davies just before my time, but was really upset when we sold my hero, the great Hugh Curran

26 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Out of interest Todd has just turned up for the fans thingy at CR tonight . Seems an odd thing to do if he’s off...

Who's gonna be the first one to ask him about it then? Go on, dare you

Not seen anyone say how much they'd want for Cantwell.

Webber said if any of the three went then the fee would start with a 3.

He's been true to his word so far. 

That 'article' states Leeds bid £15m last year but we were holding out for £20m. Personally Id be miffed if we only got £20m for him. Being English he should come at a premium

Bayern Munich were the only club to pursue a serious interest in Todd last season, to the point where it appeared at one stage that it was happening.

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Out of interest Todd has just turned up for the fans thingy at CR tonight . Seems an odd thing to do if he’s off...

Especially as the fans thingy was cancelled earlier this week too. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Would be amazed if we sold either Aarons or Cantwell now... We need to be adding a few not selling.

Wouldn't be so sure, now then euros are complete the merry go round will start and it all filters down......