3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Then do us all a favour and **** off now. 

I'm Norwich no matter what - that's what supporting a football club is. Not ****ing off to MK Dons when our best players get sold. Wakey wakey - that's been happening for 30 years.

I don't like it one little bit but threatening to throw your toys out of the pram and go play elsewhere is utterly disgraceful.

Agreed - out of likes im afraid! 

Cant change clubs - EVER. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Haus said:

Didnt Villa lose 100 million last year, and 70 million the year before ? Got to wonder, what is the point of FFP.......

Not a day goes by I don't wish that ****ing fake whatever goal thet kept them up by one point did not happen

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Look ... Cantwell clearly kind of wanted to go last year ... if he really wants to leave it would NOT help us one bit to stop him. We'd have to get the best price possible and carry on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm Norwich no matter what - that's what supporting a football club is. Not ****ing off to MK Dons when our best players get sold. Wakey wakey - that's been happening for 30 years.

I don't like it one little bit but threatening to throw your toys out of the pram and go play elsewhere is utterly disgraceful.

A little harsh matey! 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Agreed - out of likes im afraid! 

Cant change clubs - EVER. 

Not once you've passed 11 years old, anyway.

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

Ha ha! No disguises here buddy! I just 'get' what the approach is and why we would be selling Todd if we do.

Ultimately, I totally trust Webber and am reassured that he knows a lot more than I ever will about what will make a football club without a billionaire owner 'stronger.

Well if that approach is selling your best players upon promotion, replacing them for a fraction and being successful in the top flight then the mans a genius. 

28 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I rarely get these things wrong my view is never popular with the happy clappers but it is usually spot on 

What ever you're on Fred, can I buy some from you? Must be powerful stuff.

10 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why do you need to get so angry and nasty about an obvious tongue in cheek remark?

It was meant jokingly, ie. not serious. (MK Dons was the clue.) I will never desert my club, but I am allowed the occasional bout of frustration at "what's been happening for thirty years" (more actually.)

I was in my short trousers when Ron Davies was sold. He was my hero. I need no rebuke, nor lectures.

Chill.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

image.thumb.jpeg.06de18e5e0df60246897ac2c9e4557f2.jpeg

What’s the point of getting promoted if you throw the opportunity away everytime, if this sale goes through somebody will need to book St Andrews Hall.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s the point of getting promoted if you throw the opportunity away everytime, if this sale goes through somebody will need to book St Andrews Hall.

To celebrate the model and the tremendous funds coming in? You’d have more chance filling it that way. 

Dave Freezer was right, we are supposed to get behind a club not a balance sheet. It's difficult to see how we're going to succeed in competing at the top level if we sell all our talent.

13 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Buy low = sell high = reinvest = repeat.

You cannot continually repeat that cycle and stay in the top division, particularly if you sell too many at the same time.

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

He thought it was meant seriously.

gutted! 

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

But, you don't know who will come in with the money made on Todd (if he goes). 

Isn't the fact that our players are in high demand proof that our project is working? Look at how virtually all of the Premier League teams sell players frequently to each other up the food chain or abroad to Madrid and Barca. Players are flourishing here - to the club's benefit. 

We are only at the start of the project.

Perhaps in a few years time we'll be able to hold on to our brightest and best but for now it's all about selling for profit, reinvesting shrewdly and growing the club from the roots up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

You cannot continually repeat that cycle and stay in the top division, particularly if you sell too many at the same time.

Southampton fans may disagree!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Isn't the fact that our players are in high demand proof that our project is working? Look at how virtually all of the Premier League teams sell players frequently to each other up the food chain or abroad to Madrid and Barca. Players are flourishing here - to the club's benefit. 

Perhaps in a few years time we'll be able to hold on to our brightest and best but for now it's all about selling for profit, reinvesting shrewdly and growing the club from the roots up.

Not much point my commenting, as it looks like we're on exactly the same page.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

True Cantiaci, but occasionally we need think of what is best for the now, rather than the future.

Joke coming up (nb):-

ITFC live in the past

NCFC live in the future.

• Haha 1

Whatever happens regarding who we sell, who we recruit, who we send out on loan, who we sack, who we scout....yadda yadda yadda....

At the end of the day our Majority Shareholding Duo and other members of the NCFC Board will not be out of pocket.....Nice....

But if and when the Club raise season ticket prices - and you know it's gonna be a cert......I know I'll be out of pocket.....

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

True Cantiaci, but occasionally we need think of what is best for the now, rather than the future.

Joke coming up (nb):-

ITFC live in the past

NCFC live in the future.

Slightly disagree with that last bit in theory but it depends on the quality of execution, as @Cantiaci Canary said earlier. By selling good players when at high value, it provides the best opportunity for relatively quick instant gains, but always with one eye on the future - but it boils down on the quality/performance of the players brought in to replace them.

Rather than bemoan that star players go, consider this an opportunity for others to step up. And let's face it, for all their suitors, Buendia and Cantwell were still part of a Norwich attack that didn't score too many last time in the top flight - and neither are exactly ultra-pacey. We were a bit short of athleticism in the middle of the park and for all their excellent technique, they couldn't quite counteract the combinations of brawn and brain we faced.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not once you've passed 11 years old, anyway.

Mental age of majority of our supporters are only toddlers so we have to let them off

We mustn’t make too many new signings - the team might not gel in time. Let Aarons or Cantwell go and we’re letting survival go. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

NCFC live in the future.

The future is 6 weeks from now we play Liverpool in our opening game and we've already sold our best player and now it looks like our 2nd best midfield talent is also out the door. 

If we don't have a competitive squad, the future is another poor season and inevitable relegation.

Selling Todd is only acceptable if we are willing to spend the money to recruit talent to replace him. We're struggling to land our targets even with the Buendia money, what will be different if we sell Todd?

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
  • Like 1

I was told a while ago that Buendia, Aarons and Cantwell would all likely be leaving this summer and there was to be a massive squad overhaul for the new season. Time will tell if clubs match our valuations. Can’t say I’m impressed with this though. It’s a massive ask to rebuild and expect the new players to hit the ground running after selling such important players 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

The future is 6 weeks from now we play Liverpool in our opening game and we've already sold our best player and now it looks like our 2nd best midfield talent is also out the door. 

If we don't have a competitive squad, the future is another poor season and inevitable relegation.

Selling Todd is only acceptable if we are willing to spend the money to recruit talent to replace him. We're struggling to land our targets even with the Buendia money, what will be different if we sell Todd?

Without wishing to upset you further, it's 3 weeks this Saturday.

Edited by Fuzzar