With Derby being up sh*t creek it might be worth tempting them with a cheeky bid for Belik. He’s very good but I do appreciate he has had injury problems. What do you think? 

I'm a massive fan. I think on his day he's a premier league quality player. If he pitched up here I'd be happy - but cautiously so. His injuries and proneness to them makes him a player I don't think can be relied upon.

Being the most limited on this forum when it comes to general football know-how I needed to Wiki. this player.

It presented difficulties. Its actually Krystian Bielik you little tinker.

From the reading of it he totally fits the bill.

However, he signed for Derby, at no small cost, @ Aug. 2019 and has only played 33 times for them since.

Memories of  James Vaughan, Louis Thompson , Matt Jarvis and now Sam Byram spring to mind. One at a time please.

P.S. Could be worth the risk ... good shout.

Wiki: 

"Bielik can play either as a centre back or as a defensive midfielder. He is known for his technique, passing ability and also his aerial dominance off the ball."

Edited by BroadstairsR

Always liked him but the injuries make me nervous and think they may have diminished him as a player. The last time I saw him play I think ‘lumbering’ was maybe the best way to describe him. 

Also, the situation at Derby might make it harder to sign him. From what I understand they are only allowed to sign 5 players, either free agents or on 6 month loan deals and have a strict wage limit. They will probably be reluctant to sell players as replacing them is impossible. 

If shopping at Derby though, I’d go for Max Bird or Louie Sibley ahead of Bielik. 

I wonder if we put a cheeky £2m bid or something or a pay as you play type arrangement would spread the risk. With add on’s if he makes it as a PL player.

19 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I wonder if we put a cheeky £2m bid or something or a pay as you play type arrangement would spread the risk. With add on’s if he makes it as a PL player.

Why do people continually suggest pay as you play contracts? No player in his right mind would ever agree to one, especially not players who already have contracts elsewhere. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

He has all the attributes but 2 ACL injuries in approx 1 year and 33 Championship appearances in the last 4 years means he is starting behind the ball park and has a lot to prove (to the medical experts for a start), but just on a human level, I wish him well in resurrecting his career

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Always liked him but the injuries make me nervous and think they may have diminished him as a player. The last time I saw him play I think ‘lumbering’ was maybe the best way to describe him. 

Also, the situation at Derby might make it harder to sign him. From what I understand they are only allowed to sign 5 players, either free agents or on 6 month loan deals and have a strict wage limit. They will probably be reluctant to sell players as replacing them is impossible. 

If shopping at Derby though, I’d go for Max Bird or Louie Sibley ahead of Bielik. 

Does that mean that even if they sold/released more than 5 players, they can only sign a maximum of 5 replacements?

If Bielik was signed as for circa £8M you would imagine he would be one of their higher paid players? Selling him would free up a decent wage

He could provide some company for Byram in rehab, but other than that, I can't see much merit in this.

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Does that mean that even if they sold/released more than 5 players, they can only sign a maximum of 5 replacements?

If Bielik was signed as for circa £8M you would imagine he would be one of their higher paid players? Selling him would free up a decent wage

I believe they could add another player if they sold one, but they would still only be allowed a free transfer or loanee, the rules state they are only allowed 23 players in their squad.

The fact Bielik is still likely to be injured for another 3 months or so may mean they would sell him as he won't be contributing to their first team anyway but the fact he is injured means no one will want to sign him anyway.

• Like 1

Signed him on football manager. He's practically been injured for 2 years since. I dislike him.

• Haha 2

Would like to think we’re aiming a little higher now than the next player to spend his entire contract in the physios room. Shame for him as a good player, but we’re not in a position to gamble on this one anymore.

6 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Why do people continually suggest pay as you play contracts? No player in his right mind would ever agree to one, especially not players who already have contracts elsewhere. 

I mean some players do accept them, but usually players at the end of their careers who have either made their money or who are at the other end of the league system and don't have any offers on the table.

A 23 year old Poland international isn't going to.

I believe he is literally Derby's only centre back though, as their FFP restrictions meant they couldn't even resign Davies and Wisdom. Rooney was having a moan about it the other day.

Bielik is excellent—fairly easily Derby's best player—but 2 ACL injuries in 2 years to the same knee (I think?) is a huge NO. Without him Derby would have gotten relegated last year.

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean some players do accept them, but usually players at the end of their careers who have either made their money or who are at the other end of the league system and don't have any offers on the table.

A 23 year old Poland international isn't going to.

I believe he is literally Derby's only centre back though, as their FFP restrictions meant they couldn't even resign Davies and Wisdom. Rooney was having a moan about it the other day.

I was thinking pay as you play for the club not the player. 

14 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Ha, I've just said the same about Phil Jones on another thread!  Must be a lot of it about.  In the Prem you really do need central defenders that are lively on their feet.

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

Signed him on football manager. He's practically been injured for 2 years since. I dislike him.

What’s Ajer like on Football manager? 😉👍

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1