king canary

Streaming next season

Sky outpriced itself, imo.

I was paying 80 pounds per month, (whilst abroad for three months, but rarely used the Sky Go thing,) and apart from Sport only really watched Atlantic. I cancelled .... eventually.

Now TV means that they have detected the trend and are changing from the original, which was indeed unique.

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Plus you’re not stuck in a contract, I think the booster is now £3, my sky tv deal is up in October, I’ll be cancelling unless they let me have it for a really low price

Ill put a word in for you Frank if you like! 

Happy to help.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

No, that is incorrect. All games are not shown, only PL.

If PL games were shown on say a tenner a game how much revenue would City games generate, and would it not lead to fans only paying for their club games, not the full package

A consequence being the larger clubs wanting a larger slice of the cake, and TV companies seeing a reduction in their income

That is why it has not happened, nor will

I’m talking about PL games.

That’s how things work now. The broadcasting rights are sold as a whole. It’s already true that many times more people tune in to watch Liverpool/Man Utd/Man City etc than do to watch Palace or Southampton or Us.

NowTV allows you to do exactly that. I never paid for Sky in my life, just pay for a day pass when Norwich are on. If you are subscribed to SkySports just to watch your football team you need to wake up and realise we moved on  from that being the only way years ago.

Edited by Monty13

I used to pay for Sky Sports some years ago, but only really watched it for our games, WWE and stuff like the Mosconi Cup, I ended up cancelling because I wasn't willing to pay £20 a month to maybe see 5-6 of our games a SEASON, when the likes of Liverpool were on 15+ times. I get they're a much bigger club with bigger following etc, but I don't see why I should pay the same price as a Liverpool fan but only get to watch a 3rd of the games of my club than they do!

I'd happily pay £20 a month to simply watch our games, as apart from the odd away match in Sheffield, Doncaster, Rotherham or Barnsley, I can't afford to attend games (especially with increased ticket prices and difficulty getting them, and now Covid on top), but my money stays in my pocket as there's no legitimate service at what I consider a sensible price available.

I'm not going to pay £10 a game for iFollow or similar, that's a £40 a month commitment, but I would pay half that, instead the club gets no revenue from supporters like me instead, so it really is a lose-lose situation - for me and the club.