Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Ticket Pricing

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

I would rather judge us against ourselves 2004 vintage. The Annual Report for that year states:

'The Supporters Consultative Group is designed to enable supporters from different interest groups to discuss matters with the Board and senior management covering a diverse range of issues including pricing, catering, site development, away travel and ticketing."

That's fine, you can judge us however you like.

21 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You know he will judge you for life, then his descendants will continue the judgement......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hmm. The facts are that if you want to watch your local football team in Cambridge on a casual basis the price is £22 whereas in Norwich it has now jumped to an average £44. Is the ability to pay for the individual any different? As other correspondents have pointed out it is Robin Hood logic in reverse with very marginal increases in players wages being the outcome.

Your assertion was that other Clubs don't consult on pricing. Maybe you are correct amongst the commercial behemoths of the Premier League but then there are fan owned community clubs. The 64,000 dollar question is what is NCFC trying to be?

Just now, essex canary said:

Hmm. The facts are that if you want to watch your local football team in Cambridge on a casual basis the price is £22 whereas in Norwich it has now jumped to an average £44. Is the ability to pay for the individual any different? As other correspondents have pointed out it is Robin Hood logic in reverse with very marginal increases in players wages being the outcome.

Your assertion was that other Clubs don't consult on pricing. Maybe you are correct amongst the commercial behemoths of the Premier League but then there are fan owned community clubs. The 64,000 dollar question is what is NCFC trying to be?

Why have you neglected to mention that the quality of the product is proportional to its price? If the matches were against the same quality of opposition in the same quality of stadium with the same quality of matchday experience, but still twice as expensive in Norwich, I'm sure that fans (including myself) would be apoplectic.

My personal opinion is that I think the prices are a little high, and I feel the apportioning of fixtures to the 'Gold' tier is a little overzealous, but on the other hand I appreciate the principle of supply-and-demand, and the fact that the club has to optimise its income however it can to perpetuate its self-funding model.

Whatever prices were announced, there would be a mixture of views; if there is a strong feeling (and movement) among fans that these prices are too high, I'm sure it will come to our attention as members of the supporters' panel.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Cambridge - league one

NCFC - EPL. 

Not sure they compare. 

And the last point, NCFC are trying to be successful and that's as far up the leagues as they can sustain. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Why have you neglected to mention that the quality of the product is proportional to its price? If the matches were against the same quality of opposition in the same quality of stadium with the same quality of matchday experience, but still twice as expensive in Norwich, I'm sure that fans (including myself) would be apoplectic.

My personal opinion is that I think the prices are a little high, and I feel the apportioning of fixtures to the 'Gold' tier is a little overzealous, but on the other hand I appreciate the principle of supply-and-demand, and the fact that the club has to optimise its income however it can to perpetuate its self-funding model.

Whatever prices were announced, there would be a mixture of views; if there is a strong feeling (and movement) among fans that these prices are too high, I'm sure it will come to our attention as members of the supporters' panel.

Whilst I agree with most of this Wolfie isn't the point of the panel to speak on behalf of fans BEFORE the fans declare a strong feeling. Whatever the issue is. 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Whilst I agree with most of this Wolfie isn't the point of the panel to speak on behalf of fans BEFORE the fans declare a strong feeling. Whatever the issue is. 

It's impossible to consult fans on every decision the club makes; we are volunteers with busy lives. While I know there are many people and departments within the club who wish to tap into our experiences and opinions about potential initiatives/decisions, I would suggest that our role in interacting with fans is primarily reactive; taking the temperature of fan opinions and reporting back to the club thereon.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's impossible to consult fans on every decision the club makes; we are volunteers with busy lives. While I know there are many people and departments within the club who wish to tap into our experiences and opinions about potential initiatives/decisions, I would suggest that our role in interacting with fans is primarily reactive; taking the temperature of fan opinions and reporting back to the club thereon.

Whilst I agree, but isn't that the point of the fans panel. To minimize the need for the club to be reactive. 

Agreed they cannot be, nor need to be consulted on every issue. 

However once an announcement is made that I don't agree with, and it affects me, my first port of call, personally would be to the club directly, rather than a volunteer group. However, I'm more than happy to provide thoughts to a volunteer group BEFORE a decision / announcement is made. 

Edited by Greavsy

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

I would rather judge us against ourselves 2004 vintage. The Annual Report for that year states:

'The Supporters Consultative Group is designed to enable supporters from different interest groups to discuss matters with the Board and senior management covering a diverse range of issues including pricing, catering, site development, away travel and ticketing."

The Trust ' Giving The Fans A Voice ' appear currently to be promoting The Canary Challenge and their AGM as the cashless Carrow Road and ticket prices increases have been announced in the last few days.

I believe you are a member so have you sought their views ?

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Whilst I agree, but isn't that the point of the fans panel. To minimize the need for the club to be reactive. 

Agreed they cannot be, nor need to be consulted on every issue. 

However once an announcement is made that I don't agree with, and it affects me, my first port of call, personally would be to the club directly, rather than a volunteer group. However, I'm more than happy to provide thoughts to a volunteer group BEFORE a decision / announcement is made. 

In its own words: "The panel aims to provide open, honest, transparent and independent dialogue between the club and fans on all non-football-related issues."

You can interpret that however you like, I guess, as it doesn't mention to what extent it is proactive or reactive.

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Your last sentence wolfie smacks rather of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted . It appears the OSP are being presented with a fait accompli rather than consultation. Early days for you guys i appreciate .

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

In its own words: "The panel aims to provide open, honest, transparent and independent dialogue between the club and fans on all non-football-related issues."

You can interpret that however you like, I guess, as it doesn't mention to what extent it is proactive or reactive.

So if you, by your own words, 

29 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

if there is a strong feeling (and movement) among fans that these prices are too high, I'm sure it will come to our attention as members of the supporters' panel.

The Forum aren't consulted until after the event, there seems little point in your existence. 

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Your last sentence wolfie smacks rather of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted . It appears the OSP are being presented with a fait accompli rather than consultation. Early days for you guys i appreciate .

Exactly. 

Im not having a dig at the panel as in theory I applaud the initiative, but I do agree it all seems a little retrospective. 

As I yesterday too I Wolfie appreciate your replies and it's nothing personal. 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Exactly. 

Im not having a dig at the panel as in theory I applaud the initiative, but I do agree it all seems a little retrospective. 

As I yesterday too I Wolfie appreciate your replies and it's nothing personal. 

Sure thing. I want to be approachable as the vice-chair of the forum, but by the same token I don't want to talk myself into a corner when, like you say, it's early days.

I'm sure you can appreciate, though, that lots of decisions about lots of things will need to be made by club employees without consulting the OSP. And, naturally, there will be lots of opinions from fans about what the panel's priorities and responsibilities should be. We're never going to be able to please everyone, but such is life 🙂

Ticket pricing isn’t a fan issue it’s a financial decision for the club. It’s up to them to decide what is needed to support the balance sheet 

fans then have their say by either buying the tickets or not

I bet the games will be sold out every week 

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sure thing. I want to be approachable as the vice-chair of the forum, but by the same token I don't want to talk myself into a corner when, like you say, it's early days.

I'm sure you can appreciate, though, that lots of decisions about lots of things will need to be made by club employees without consulting the OSP. And, naturally, there will be lots of opinions from fans about what the panel's priorities and responsibilities should be. We're never going to be able to please everyone, but such is life 🙂

Two big issues concerning all NCFC fans have raised their heads within the last few days...Ticket prices and a cashless Carrow Road but it appears both the OSP and the Trust were blindsided by the club. If you guys are not consulted over such matters and your views and input sort your effectiveness has been diluted.

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Trust ' Giving The Fans A Voice ' appear currently to be promoting The Canary Challenge and their AGM as the cashless Carrow Road and ticket prices increases have been announced in the last few days.

I believe you are a member so have you sought their views ?

No , but his great great great great grandson might.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Two big issues concerning all NCFC fans have raised their heads within the last few days...Ticket prices and a cashless Carrow Road but it appears both the OSP and the Trust were blindsided by the club. If you guys are not consulted over such matters and your views and input sort your effectiveness has been diluted.

It's not a case of being 'blindsided', Tilly. It's a case of the club deciding what issues they wish to consult us on, and which they do not. By your reckoning, then, in order for us to be fully effective, would we have to be consulted on everything? Or just the things you consider to be sufficiently important? As I said in my previous post, no two fans will agree on what they think our priorities should be – let alone any kind of consensus across the fan base as a whole. 

We have two years to influence things at the football club, and I'll be interested to see what we can achieve in that time. Let's try and keep positive for now, eh?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's not a case of being 'blindsided', Tilly. It's a case of the club deciding what issues they wish to consult us on, and which they do not. By your reckoning, then, in order for us to be fully effective, would we have to be consulted on everything? Or just the things you consider to be sufficiently important? As I said in my previous post, no two fans will agree on what they think our priorities should be – let alone any kind of consensus across the fan base as a whole. 

We have two years to influence things at the football club, and I'll be interested to see what we can achieve in that time. Let's try and keep positive for now, eh?

Whilst the fans may not agree on what the panel are to be consulted on, I think all fans would agree it would be better if you had been consulted on something, even if they didn't agree on the subject matter, than nothing as appears to be the case now. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Whilst the fans may not agree on what the panel are to be consulted on, I think all fans would agree it would be better if you had been consulted on something, even if they didn't agree on the subject matter, than nothing as appears to be the case now. 

We've been consulted on various things that we're not allowed to share for reasons of confidentiality. It's not like we're doing nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

We've been consulted on various things that we're not allowed to share for reasons of confidentiality. It's not like we're doing nothing.

A fans panel that isn't consulted on issues affecting the fans, and now can't say what has been discussed? 

Really? 

Didn't say you'd done nothing, but having had one meeting and electing a Chair and vice chair, and little output being seen I'm questioning the value being added. 

Next meeting late September, will the agenda for that be shared prior to the meeting so fans not on the panel can provide the panel with their views to be presented, or will we just be told post event and job done? We have a very silent voice it looks to me. 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh so you are there having been elected by the fans to represent the fans and you cannot report back on matters to those fans.

I fully understand if you were consulted over ticket prices and a cashless Carrow Road and asked to keep such consultation confidential until an announcement was made via the club website but that did not happen .

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh so you are there having been elected by the fans to represent the fans and you cannot report back on matters to those fans.

I fully understand if you were consulted over ticket prices and a cashless Carrow Road and asked to keep such consultation confidential until an announcement was made via the club website but that did not happen .

Well said Tilly totally agree. 

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There are some matters we can report back on (which were included in the minutes), and some which we cannot, as they pertain to matters that have not yet been completed/announced.

As ever, you are free to contact Caroline Ellis directly at supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk with any concerns about anything concerning supporters' liaison, including the responsibilities, effectiveness and behaviour of the OSP and/or any of its members. I feel that I've been very patient, open and transparent with you and Greavsy this morning considering I have a full-time job too!

I fully expect difficult questions as part of the territory, and will do my best to answer them when I can.

I have recently spent £488 on three tickets to see Elton John at Carrow road - they are not even "good seats" on the pitch: with that in mind, the price of casual tickets does not seem at all bad.

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

There are some matters we can report back on (which were included in the minutes), and some which we cannot, as they pertain to matters that have not yet been completed/announced.

As ever, you are free to contact Caroline Ellis directly at supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk with any concerns about anything concerning supporters' liaison, including the responsibilities, effectiveness and behaviour of the OSP and/or any of its members. I feel that I've been very patient, open and transparent with you and Greavsy this morning considering I have a full-time job too!

I fully expect difficult questions as part of the territory, and will do my best to answer them when I can.

not sure i like the tone of that Wolfie, 

1- I have repeatedly thanked you for your responses.which was genuine

2 - the quoted message wasn't from me! 

3- I have been nothing but respectful to you in my replies

4- if you have volunteered to be part of a panel, you must expect some heat.

5- no one has asked for responses as quickly as you have provided. remember this is a football forum, totally unrelated to the panel, so if you choose to be online during your working day that is your choice, nothing to do with the panel. 

Also - as a tip - playing the 'i know something you don't know - never plays out well'  

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

not sure i like the tone of that Wolfie, 

1- I have repeatedly thanked you for your responses.which was genuine

2 - the quoted message wasn't from me! 

3- I have been nothing but respectful to you in my replies

4- if you have volunteered to be part of a panel, you must expect some heat.

5- no one has asked for responses as quickly as you have provided. remember this is a football forum, totally unrelated to the panel, so if you choose to be online during your working day that is your choice, nothing to do with the panel. 

Also - as a tip - playing the 'i know something you don't know - never plays out well'  

Fine, I'll leave it here. Don't want to dig a bigger hole for myself, I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Well said Tilly totally agree. 

It's ok @Greavsy, we can disagree on something again! 😉

I don't think it's feasible for the club to communicate all these things with a supporters panel - the world moves too quickly and the club has a million and one different things to do. Ticket pricing feels like a topic that no club would really talk to the supporters panel about too much - as typically any casual fans will want the cheapest prices possible and push that, whilst season ticket holder have their own agenda for getting good value.

I think the marketing and finance team likely have all the data they need in terms of our own pricing, but also how it compares up against other clubs - i.e they'll have done their homework. 

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wolfie it is best left there but i will finish by saying in response to your second paragraph if you don't like and heat don't go and stand in the kitchen mate and as for Caroline Ellis i have known her since she was knee high to a grasshopper. Her father is a friend and sits with me in The City Stand. By the way she cheats at pool. 😜

Have a good day.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Fine, I'll leave it here. Don't want to dig a bigger hole for myself, I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

Really? 

Apology that wasn't offered would have been accepted.

The Big I am is also not a good look.