Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Ticket Pricing

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The club have made top nine gold, the next four plus Brentford silver and the last ones bronze obviously. Could have been a fairer split but people will still pay the prices as they’ll want to come. I’ve just worked out that as someone that has a £500 season ticket it works out at just over £26, bargain

And a payment holiday for this season. Happy days!

Assuming of course we're all allowed in for every game.

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Serious question. Was the new supporters panel, or other representative bodies consulted in this? 

@Feedthewolf @ncfcstar

No, we weren't.

Not like the club has been shut to supporters for almost two seasons straight with therefore a 90 plus percent drop in ticket revenue, combined with the club being self funding and having poor (in comparison to others) owners and the country recovering from an all time historic pandemic nobody saw coming

And of course the BK8 saga costing us millions too.

So please pipe down and stop complaining 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

No, we weren't.

Thanks Wolfie.

Hmmm, supporters panel not consulted on ticket prices. I would have thought that would have been quite high on the list for consultation, personally. 

Do you know about any other panels Wolfie? 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not like the club has been shut to supporters for almost two seasons straight with therefore a 90 plus percent drop in ticket revenue, combined with the club being self funding and having poor (in comparison to others) owners and the country recovering from an all time historic pandemic nobody saw coming

And of course the BK8 saga costing us millions too.

So please pipe down and stop complaining 

Discussing........ 

• Like 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

Thanks Wolfie.

Hmmm, supporters panel not consulted on ticket prices. I would have thought that would have been quite high on the list for consultation, personally. 

Do you know about any other panels Wolfie? 

Nope, sorry.

Can't imagine many other clubs would consult supporters' groups on ticket prices; you'd imagine that lies squarely within the expertise of the commercial department.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Nope, sorry.

Can't imagine many other clubs would consult supporters' groups on ticket prices; you'd imagine that lies squarely within the expertise of the commercial department.

But you could apply that to anything financially involved. 

@Kathy do you know if the trust was involved? (apologies don't know the trusts ID on here) 

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/july/casual-home-match-ticket-details-confirmed

Predictably greedy. Not that it bothers me as I've got a season ticket so the higher the casual ticket the better value that is.

But Leeds, Leicester and West Ham Gold Standard? Taking the p**s a bit aren't they?

Self funding means they have to raise revenue. Are these prices greedy? How do they compare with other clubs? Most tickets will have been sold to season ticket holders anyway which are a bargain. People are constantly talking about strengthening the squad. This has to be paid for!!

Just now, Greavsy said:

But you could apply that to anything financially involved. 

@Kathy do you know if the trust was involved? (apologies don't know the trusts ID on here) 

Yes, you could. Given the short timescales involved in releasing this information after the confirmation of 'freedom day' and well before the season, I can't imagine there would have been much time for even one round of supporter consultation.

The nature of the services provided to fans is absolutely within our remit as a supporters' panel; I wouldn't expect to be routinely consulted on financial matters, personally, especially when there's so little time to roll out the information.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

We know who the self refers to in self funding.... 

I don’t. Please give us the benefit of your wisdom and the evidence to prove it.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yes, you could. Given the short timescales involved in releasing this information after the confirmation of 'freedom day' and well before the season, I can't imagine there would have been much time for even one round of supporter consultation.

The nature of the services provided to fans is absolutely within our remit as a supporters' panel; I wouldn't expect to be routinely consulted on financial matters, personally, especially when there's so little time to roll out the information.

Sorry Wolfie are you saying the start date of the season has some as a surprise to the club? 

And they didn't realise they would potentially be selling tickets? 

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I don’t. Please give us the benefit of your wisdom and the evidence to prove it.

Supporters. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Sorry Wolfie are you saying the start date of the season has some as a surprise to the club? 

And they didn't realise they would potentially be selling tickets? 

No. I'm saying they haven't been able to action specifics as they haven't been sure whether all the games will be able to be attended by all fans. As we have around 80% of the stadium full of season ticket holders, anything other than full capacity would likely mean no (or very few) casual tickets, which could easily have an impact on pricing.

That's just my interpretation, obviously I'm not speaking on behalf of the club.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

No. I'm saying they haven't been able to action specifics as they haven't been sure whether all the games will be able to be attended by all fans. As we have around 80% of the stadium full of season ticket holders, anything other than full capacity would likely mean no (or very few) casual tickets, which could easily have an impact on pricing.

That's just my interpretation, obviously I'm not speaking on behalf of the club.

As quoted in my Gillingham thread, club are still not sure how many fans are allowed in. 

Irrespective of how many tickets / seats they can sell, I'm sure pricing would be discussed every season. 

Appreciate your replies.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

As quoted in my Gillingham thread, club are still not sure how many fans are allowed in. 

Irrespective of how many tickets / seats they can sell, I'm sure pricing would be discussed every season. 

Appreciate your replies.

I'm sure it would be, and has been, discussed. I would imagine due diligence is rather high on the club's agenda right now 🙂

I don't recall hearing of fans being consulted about ticket pricing in the past, I think it's one of those things that your commercial and financial teams will ultimately take responsibility for.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm sure it would be, and has been, discussed. I would imagine due diligence is rather high on the club's agenda right now 🙂

I don't recall hearing of fans being consulted about ticket pricing in the past, I think it's one of those things that your commercial and financial teams will ultimately take responsibility for.

We didn't have a fans consultantation panel before. Hard to consult with a non existent body. 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

We didn't have a fans consultantation panel before. Hard to consult with a non existent body. 

There have been various fans' groups and focus groups with whom the club have consulted on ticketing matters in the past, such as the group they invited to work with them on the unpopular away memberships issue. 

I am acutely aware that a non-existent entity cannot be interacted with, but thanks for the reaffirmation 🙂

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Are these the prices for members or non-members? or both?

Good question, Jim. Let me ask it and get back to you.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

There have been various fans' groups and focus groups with whom the club have consulted on ticketing matters in the past, such as the group they invited to work with them on the unpopular away memberships issue. 

I am acutely aware that a non-existent entity cannot be interacted with, but thanks for the reaffirmation 🙂

I think the away memberships forums were formed on an add hoc basic, with individual attendance, rather than panels exclusively.. I know that as I went to one, and am not on any panels. 

Edited by Greavsy

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Are these the prices for members or non-members? or both?

I’d imagine they’re for both, members have the advantage of first dibs but I’ll let Wolfy confirm

29 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Self funding means they have to raise revenue. Are these prices greedy? How do they compare with other clubs? Most tickets will have been sold to season ticket holders anyway which are a bargain. People are constantly talking about strengthening the squad. This has to be paid for!!

As usual though paid for by everyone else except for the owners. They just reap the benefits of their asset growing havibng picked it up on the cheap. once again there is a significant degree of hypocrisy when they talk regularly of how badly fans are treated yet allow them to continue to be fleeced for away memberships or charged £48 to see Leicester at home. 

In a premier league context, the extra revenue earnt is not "that" significant. But also of concern is that these prices may stick and what impact that then has when they come to look at future season ticket pricing and what season ticket holders are paying per game. 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’d imagine they’re for both, members have the advantage of first dibs but I’ll let Wolfy confirm

That would be my assumption too, will confirm ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think the away memberships forums were formed on an add hoc basic, with individual attendance, rather than panels exclusively.. I know that as I went to one, and am not on any panels. 

Yes, they were. I'm just saying it's not without precedent for the club to consult supporters on ticketing issues. I know that there has been a lot of demand from various people around the club to tap into the panel's opinions on a whole range of topics, but Caroline has said that she's mindful that we are a voluntary forum and doesn't want to overburden us with too much stuff to do.

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Don’t know where you picked up Canola Skies post Greavsy, but the guy is way off the mark in my opinion. He forgets to mention that concessions are more than likely based on how much an over 65 collects, which isn’t much compared to everyday prices.And from that that OAP has to live. Lucky if he/she can afford a casual ticket,  let alone a season ticket! Boomer economy indeed, they’ve done their time and paid their taxes. Why shouldn’t they get a concession? It is deserved.

Edited by City 2nd

7 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Don’t know where you picked up Canola Skies post Greavsy, but the guy is way off the mark in my opinion. He forgets to mention that concessions are more than likely based on how much an over 65 collects, which isn’t much compared to everyday prices.And from that that OAP has to live. Lucky if he/she can afford a casual ticket,  let alone a season ticket! Boomer economy indeed, they’ve done their time and paid their taxes. Why shouldn’t they get a concession? It is deserved.

He replied to  the clubs tweet, and I copied here. I have no idea who s/t/he/y are. 

I think the club could have pushed the prices higher , there is limited supply but huge demand. They have lost out on revenue by not charging the equilibrium price for a ticket.

Higher prices also keep out the rif raf who are likely to Cause trouble as well