Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Ticket Pricing

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/july/casual-home-match-ticket-details-confirmed

Predictably greedy. Not that it bothers me as I've got a season ticket so the higher the casual ticket the better value that is.

But Leeds, Leicester and West Ham Gold Standard? Taking the p**s a bit aren't they?

I guess it's nore to do with how many tickets they think they will sell.

Is twentys plenty for away fans still a thing? Didn't Delia / Board say, they didn't want home fans paying more than away visitors? 

Edited by Greavsy

Disappointingly greedy. Does the reciprocal cap on away prices still apply or can you opt out of that also. We wil no doubt get cloberred for high prices when we go to some away games when they see what we are charging their fans so ultimately its our fans who will end up paying the price once again. 

There is a need to claw back some lost revenue and hitting the plastics fan seems to be the most equitable way of doing it 

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not everyone over 65 managed to get on the housing ladder. Some of us worked for 50 years on some of the lowest wages in the country and brought up children with no help from benefits etc. We are now on one of the lowest pensions in Europe and when we were younger not able to afford a private pension. Those that were fortunate enough will be season ticket holders anyway . I would hazard a guess that canola skies is one of the under 40s with a gimmie attitude. Rant over.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Not everyone over 65 managed to get on the housing ladder. Some of us worked for 50 years on some of the lowest wages in the country and brought up children with no help from benefits etc. We are now on one of the lowest pensions in Europe and when we were younger not able to afford a private pension. Those that were fortunate enough will be season ticket holders anyway . I would hazard a guess that canola skies is one of the under 40s with a gimmie attitude. Rant over.

Totally agree, and I have no idea who they are, but inclined to agree with your last statement. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is a need to claw back some lost revenue and hitting the plastics fan seems to be the most equitable way of doing it 

I have supported city for over 50 years , many of those not missing a game home or away. Now I find myself unable to afford a season ticket and the only chance I gat is as a casual . It makes me no less a supporter than you. Does that make me a plastic?

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

• Like 1

I think this is a sign of things to come, and season tickets for the 22/23 season will increase. Especially if we stay up too

The cost of Covid and the botched sponsorship deal has to be offset somewhere. Casual ticket prices are one of the few avenues for the club to go down and create extra revenue.

I would expect a sharp increase in the cost of 'refreshments' too.

It's unfortunate but makes complete sense.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

The cost of Covid and the botched sponsorship deal has to be offset somewhere. Casual ticket prices are one of the few avenues for the club to go down and create extra revenue.

I would expect a sharp increase in the cost of 'refreshments' to.

It's unfortunate but makes complete sense.

And less likely to be noticed with card payments. 

That's What you get when you Moan about Few girls We want good players we dont want to sell our best playes Now we choose our sponsors even with Millions less and you expect low prices aswell 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete said:

As over 65 think prices are fair, surprising that

Agree club doing the right thing re pensioners and getting the revenue from the Johnnie come lately fans is absolutely the right approach 

Just now, Maltesecanary said:

That's What you get when you Moan about Few girls We want good players we dont want to sell our best playes Now we choose our sponsors even with Millions less and you expect low prices aswell 

Spot on 

37 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I would hazard a guess that canola skies is one of the under 40s with a gimmie attitude. Rant over.

In general, "baby boomers" have done exceptionally well from the economy, particularly from the 1980s with govt.s running up larger and larger debts without investing in housing and infrastructure which has forced up asset (including house) prices, "free money" from selling off state assets at a discount + free student fees (+ grants) + tax relief of mortgage payments (subsidising house purchase etc). Nevertheless, as you say, not all have benefited from this and the twitter poster was wrong to assume that they have.

However, I don't think that there is any evidence that the under 40s have more of a "gimme attitude" than any other generation and you could make a good case for saying that the baby boomers were the most guilty of any generation of having a "gimme attitude."  Certainly they have consumed with a recklessness that was not possible for their parents and will not be to their children.

59 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is a need to claw back some lost revenue and hitting the gluttonous fan seems to be the most equitable way of doing it.  Fatties should pay extra!!!!

😉😉👍

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

What is it about Brentford that makes it a silver ? Not a surprise that nine games are gold either

Because they are last years champions! 

• Haha 1

Maybe a consequence of all those bedwetters who didnt like the £5m BK8 sponsorship. The club has to make up the shortfall somehow.

Or maybe the drop in sponorship revenue was the difference in sigining Ajer or not?

....we know who to point the finger at

• Like 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe a consequence of all those bedwetters who didnt like the £5m BK8 sponsorship. The club has to make up the shortfall somehow.

Or maybe the drop in sponorship revenue was the difference in sigining Ajer or not?

....we know who to point the finger at

We know who the self refers to in self funding.... 

It looks like the pricing is the same wherever the seat is? Not sure I’d want to pay the same for a seat in the back row of the Upper Barclay as on the halfway line in the South Stand.I might have missed something however.  😀

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Disappointingly greedy. Does the reciprocal cap on away prices still apply or can you opt out of that also. We wil no doubt get cloberred for high prices when we go to some away games when they see what we are charging their fans so ultimately its our fans who will end up paying the price once again. 

Interesting.

Some might call it revenue-generating to be able to afford all the signings you want us to make.

Regardless, I don't see it as being that greedy. My mate paid the same to watch us vs Arsenal back in 2014. That's 7 years ago now. 

The club have made top nine gold, the next four plus Brentford silver and the last ones bronze obviously. Could have been a fairer split but people will still pay the prices as they’ll want to come. I’ve just worked out that as someone that has a £500 season ticket it works out at just over £26, bargain

Edited by FenwayFrank

4 minutes ago, Mutley said:

It looks like the pricing is the same wherever the seat is? Not sure I’d want to pay the same for a seat in the back row of the Upper Barclay as on the halfway line in the South Stand.I might have missed something however.  😀

I think casual tickets are all the same. Season Tickets are graded due to what Stand and block. 

All games will end up being sold out (if supporters are allowed in the whole season) so the pricing is probably right. If you think it's to expensive then don't go 😃