Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich v Lincoln ***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

2 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

100% this. Some of our best ever seasons have come after horrendous pre-seasons. Literally doesn’t matter in the slightest. The only friendly worth paying attention to is always the last one, in this season’s case Newcastle, as it’s often an indication as to who will be starting the first game of the season.

We had a belting pre season before we lost 7-1 to Colchester and Gunn was sacked.

Similarly I remember going to see a friendly v Crystal Palace the Premier League season under Lambert and we looked rubbish before we promptly finished 12th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

100% this. Some of our best ever seasons have come after horrendous pre-seasons. Literally doesn’t matter in the slightest. The only friendly worth paying attention to is always the last one, in this season’s case Newcastle, as it’s often an indication as to who will be starting the first game of the season.

I remember walking away from Portman Road after a defeat in a Hospital Cup pre season game thinking we were going to get relegated from Division One. I think we ended up coming 4th 😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog

I can’t see how you can judge how a team will do from their pre-season. Pre-season fixtures are really just used to give the squad some practice, new signings/youth players a go, and try out new tactics, so you don’t really have a clue who will play. I mean are players like Adshead and Nizet likely to feature in a PL fixture this season? Only if we have a horrific injury pandemic

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

Only edit I would make would be in bold above. 

Fair enough! Haha... We can have that. 😉

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gonna see him blasting goals into the back of the net just like this against Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea.. 👌

Nicely taken, but we won’t see defenders standing off him like that in the Prem…..

39 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Nicely taken, but we won’t see defenders standing off him like that in the Prem…..

Of course, I was partly joking. However, fair to give him some credit for the goal as not just the power that no keeper could save, but having the courage to take the shot from a rather difficult angle (I'm sure many other players would have looked for a pass rather than gone for a shot from where he was) and of course the level of curve and spin on the ball to pound it right into the side of the net was very skillfull

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

That would explain the **** on a hot Kosovan friend of mine, that's for sure.

Have to say I'm curious about the ****! 🤔

I can think of a few possibilities...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Have to say I'm curious about the ****! 🤔

I can think of a few possibilities...

Bloody censors. I meant a-r-s-e.