Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich v Lincoln ***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

This just DOESN'T feel like the real ***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***.

Lapps just posts it and walks away. Job done.

This one is very much like the "you owe £2.99 postage on a parcel, give me your bank details". 😉

I mean, it's pre season so who cares about who makes the threads. When it comes to cups and league matches however- I leave well alone 😉

I've just been in contact with Marcelo Bielsa's interpreter and he's just given me some hot tips via the 'man on a bucket' on how to watch games and training sessions behind closed doors......(really clandestine like).....So it's binoculars....check.....collapsible stepladders.....check.....disruptive pattern camo clothing.....check.....Righto and now it's off to a 'behind closed doors event' somewhere on the outskirts of Norwich....."You ain't seen me....roight?"......

• Like 2

Just now, Mello Yello said:

I've just been in contact with Marcelo Bielsa's interpreter and he's just given me some hot tips via the 'man on a bucket' on how to watch games and training sessions behind closed doors......(really clandestine like).....So it's binoculars....check.....collapsible stepladders.....check.....disruptive pattern camo clothing.....check.....Righto and now it's off to a 'behind closed doors event' somewhere on the outskirts of Norwich....."You ain't seen me....roight?"......

👀 

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You write some absolute b*llocks. There's always friendlies behind closed doors in pre-season.

No live match to watch and behind closed doors is really quite sad, pathetic and a disgrace. Just as we are allowed fans back to the stadium we could have had the match at Carrow Road, I have a feeling it would have been rocking and packed to the rafters despite this being a friendly with everyone being allowed back to the stadium for the first time and all, but nope our 'family friendly fan friendly' club goes and sticks it behind closed doors.

I just assumed CC was actually having a giggle  🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I do urge great caution in the event that you spot a 65 year old standing on a bucket staring at you with a pair of binoculars from the bushes

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

No live match to watch and behind closed doors is really quite sad, pathetic and a disgrace. Just as we are allowed fans back to the stadium we could have had the match at Carrow Road, I have a feeling it would have been rocking and packed to the rafters despite this being a friendly with everyone being allowed back to the stadium for the first time and all, but nope our 'family friendly fan friendly' club goes and sticks it behind closed doors.

I just assumed CC was actually having a giggle  🤔

Most unlikely. He's grumpy today, and no fun! 😊 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I do urge great caution in the event that you spot a 65 year old standing on a bucket staring at you with a pair of binoculars from the bushes

With a pair of underpants on their head?.....I can see you cambridgshire, an' I'm gonna tell on you to the bobbies!....prevert!

27 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I thought it was more that since these are just pre-season training games, Lapps has delegated the *** OFFICIAL *** threads to one of the under 21 squad?

In this case - just a trialist.....

🤣

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, it's pre season so who cares about who makes the threads. When it comes to cups and league matches however- I leave well alone 😉

We are holding you to that. Poor old Lapps, luffed out of his job before the season starts and with no negotiation. What did you offer Pete?

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

huh.png

I'm just going off of Google here.

Morning Jimbo, your milk sour again this morning?

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Plachetas gonna end up playing at centreback at this rate

He played wingback for Poland in the Euros, it is hardly a massive positional change for him to do it for Norwich.

I like the idea of Placheta at full-back to be honest - at least in theory. He doesn't have to win tackles, just stand his men up and slow them down. Also, if he does turn the ball over he should have more space to barrel into.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's a friendly against League One opposition. Relax. Enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Plenty of football you'll be able to watch coming your way. 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

I like the idea of Placheta at full-back to be honest - at least in theory. He doesn't have to win tackles, just stand his men up and slow them down. Also, if he does turn the ball over he should have more space to barrel into.

If we were in the Championship, I'd not have a problem. In the Premier League though? If I were an opposition manager and he was in the side opposite me, I'd be trying to take advantage I think

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

If we were in the Championship, I'd not have a problem. In the Premier League though? If I were an opposition manager and he was in the side opposite me, I'd be trying to take advantage I think

No doubt they all tried with Sorensen, but generally failed. And it would be tough to outpace a player like Przemek. Besides, they'd know he's played left wing-back for Poland, so therefore at international level. I do agree he could be seen as a weaker link, but at the same time, they were more than happy to let McCullum go on loan.

Makes you wonder if they think Mumba and Przemek can handle it? Or indeed Sorensen again at a push.

I remember Farke tried this with Wildschut when he first came in and then gave up on the idea- to me the testing of Placheta at fullback seems more like a last chance saloon for him here than anything- basically we're not that high on you as a winger so lets see if you can be useful elsewhere.

I think Placheta is less harmful to our game playing there than he is further forward, in fact he could end up being quite good. His problem is his decision making in the final third. As a wing back he has the pace/stamina to get up and down that line all game. 

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

Is there anywhere to even listen to it or anything as there isn't a stream?

Thank you guys

Given there's a trialist playing for Lincoln it would seem the answer is a big NO

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given there's a trialist playing for Lincoln it would seem the answer is a big NO

Well that's crispy ducked the last hour of my work day then!

Really hope in 3 weeks time we don't see Placheta up against Alexander Arnold. 

We need to step up our search for an additional CB as well.

I wonder from the bench today, where DF sees (or how far he sees) nizet and Tomlinson from the squad in some description- or are they just to fill the numbers? Anyone know if rocky bushri is still contracted to us

2 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I wonder from the bench today, where DF sees (or how far he sees) nizet and Tomlinson from the squad in some description- or are they just to fill the numbers? Anyone know if rocky bushri is still contracted to us

I would imagine he's happy to give them a chance to see if they should be loaned out or stay, as well as making up numbers due to us still not getting quite a few of our regular starters (Pukki/Krul) back yet from euros

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

With Gibson and Hanley to come back it pushes Tomlinson to 5th choice. Nizet was suppose to be signing for a Belgium club, but that might have been delayed as Dimi picked up a knock. Bushiri is a Norwich player but getting back to fitness after an injury, although like Sinani and Sitti I don't think he is considered to have a future at the club.

Wondering if Farke's thinking Adshead could be on the charge? He's had some quality game time with Rochdale before joining us and then having that loan in the Netherlands.

• Like 1