Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich v Lincoln ***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

2:30PM kickoff accoding to Sky and Google, 4PM kickoff according to our Twitter.. So who knows

Colney training ground, behind closed doors no fans allowed

Team news to be posted when known

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Shame there isn’t a video stream for this one. Wonder if it will be a back 3 again, also don’t expect them to feature but is it this week the Pukki and Krul will be back about the place? With Pukki I hope he gets extra rest really.

Said 4pm kick off on the original fixture list. Also says “behind closed doors” so must be a question mark over whether they will stream it. 

28 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/first-team/FixturesandResults/

Says kick off 12.00 on official website... 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Said 4pm kick off on the original fixture list. Also says “behind closed doors” so must be a question mark over whether they will stream it. 

huh.png

I'm just going off of Google here.

3 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Shame there isn’t a video stream for this one. Wonder if it will be a back 3 again, also don’t expect them to feature but is it this week the Pukki and Krul will be back about the place? With Pukki I hope he gets extra rest really.

No live match to watch and behind closed doors is really quite sad, pathetic and a disgrace. Just as we are allowed fans back to the stadium we could have had the match at Carrow Road, I have a feeling it would have been rocking and packed to the rafters despite this being a friendly with everyone being allowed back to the stadium for the first time and all, but nope our 'family friendly fan friendly' club goes and sticks it behind closed doors.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

huh.png

No live match to watch and behind closed doors is really quite sad, pathetic and a disgrace. Just as we are allowed fans back to the stadium we could have had the match at Carrow Road, I have a feeling it would have been rocking and packed to the rafters despite this being a friendly with everyone being allowed back to the stadium for the first time and all, but nope our 'family friendly fan friendly' club goes and sticks it behind closed doors.

I expect more on an ***** Official thread *****

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

4pm.png

4PM then? huh..

Who knows, farcical tin pot club! 😊 

Club must be reading this, offical site now says 16.00 kick off.... 

Club must be following you cambridgeshire! 😊 

4pm and behind closed doors, so assume that means no youtube this time. booo

Is this the friendly that will be two games back-to-back?

It will be harder to draw any conclusions on Farke’s plans from this game than the Kings Lynn one really. I expect they may even have rolling subs due to the heat. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It will be harder to draw any conclusions on Farke’s plans from this game than the Kings Lynn one really. I expect they may even have rolling subs due to the heat. 

That’ll be Huddersfield I think, Bethnal.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I would imagine it might even be played as 3 x 30 minute segments like they have in previous early pre-season games

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They still might stream it. Don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t. 

Indeed, they only announced they were streaming the Lincoln match until around ten minutes before kickoff.

And of course two seasons ago they streamed the behind closed doors friendlies we had in Germany

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

I would imagine it might even be played as 3 x 30 minute segments like they have in previous early pre-season games

Peterborough away a couple years ago was 4x30 mins with 2 completely different teams for each hour. 

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I thought Lapps does the *****OFFICIAL***** match day threads anyway? 😉😜

Fixed that for you! 😊 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They still might stream it. Don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t. 

Paddy said yesterday the club had told them they wouldn’t. 

It might be that Lincoln have some trialists that they don’t want to be broadcast over the internet or that Norwich just don’t have the kit to do it set up at Colney yet. They said they were ‘working on it’ back in May, but it might be it isn’t ready yet. 

I wonder if the local journalists will even be allowed in today. 

47 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

huh.png

You write some absolute b*llocks. There's always friendlies behind closed doors in pre-season.

• Like 9

Seems like a pointless glorified training session and if we can't watch it, it doesn't matter what the kickoff time is. 

It's also going to be played in sweltering heat, so likely to revert to short periods with plenty of drinks breaks.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You write some absolute b*llocks. There's always friendlies behind closed doors in pre-season.

And another one I agree with you Hoggy, this has to stop my friend! 

This just DOESN'T feel like the real ***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***.

Lapps just posts it and walks away. Job done.

This one is very much like the "you owe £2.99 postage on a parcel, give me your bank details". 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was more that since these are just pre-season training games, Lapps has delegated the *** OFFICIAL *** threads to one of the under 21 squad?

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I thought it was more that since these are just pre-season training games, Lapps has delegated the *** OFFICIAL *** threads to one of the under 21 squad?

Giving youth a chance. 

Room for improvement though I think. 

Going back to edit the OP is poor form..... 

13 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And another one I agree with you Hoggy, this has to stop my friend! 

Maybe the heat is getting to me!

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe the heat is getting to me!

Looking forward to some cooler days and normal service being resumed. 

Stay safe. 😷