duke63

2 jabs to attend matches?

13 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Driving a car full stop is dangerous, you don’t have to be speeding to kill someone

Madness driving in my car......

By forcibly, presumably Purple means they will be excluded from certain activities if they're not double jabbed? 

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yeah, I'm not really sure you can force people to be vaccinated. Encourage? Absolutely, but you can't force them and then restrict what they can do using Covid as a reason. Is that not a violation of basic human rights? 

What about the rights of the others (vaccinated) at said events, the workers etc too? 

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Madness driving in my car......

To Our house, (in the middle of the street!) 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What about the rights of the others (vaccinated) at said events, the workers etc too? 

Beyond what many seem to believe, the vaccine doesn't actually stop you getting Covid. So, other than the unvaccinated potentially getting it worse than a vaccinated person, it won't make much difference, surely? 

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

One step beyond......

In your Baggy Trousers.... 

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Beyond what many seem to believe, the vaccine doesn't actually stop you getting Covid. So, other than the unvaccinated potentially getting it worse than a vaccinated person, it won't make much difference, surely? 

And passing it onto others, older more vulnerable etc. 

Yes generally the jabbed have less illness but it still transmisable 

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

It must be love...

Never knew your name!

(that's one for Bill and his many accounts!) 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Tomorrow's just another day.....

One better day.... 

Reading through these comments is quite scary, and you can see where some media brain washing has occurred to. Not everyone who has not been vaccinated is an "anti-vaxxer" they just don't trust this one, that is there choice. If you have had the vaccine, why do you care if someone hasn't. You've had it, your safe right???? that was the point in you getting it, and if you are not safe after having it, what's the point in having it?

Yes, there are some bonkers people who are anti-vaxxers, but that is there choice and who knows they may be right. But at the same time there are some bonkers anti-anti-vaxxer people out there, who just go along like sheep doing what they are told without question, who behave no better than Nazis or Antifa.

Having the vaccine should be a choice, and to start vilifying people who have not had it is no better than a society that segregates due to skin color, race, religion or any other reason. We can so easily drop into a **** like state, when people who don't have a vaccine passport outside a club, suddenly get beaten to death, for being where they shouldn't. Its so scary to me, the divide the media is pushing on people. To use that argument that people will take up hospital beds, they shouldn't be treated, its there own fault etc. Well in that case, Drug users, alcohol users, obese people shouldn't be treated for their problems. After all, no one made someone eat 5 McDonalds a day until they couldn't get out of bed. Its just crazy. 

Personally,  its each to their own. Your body, your choice. No one should be excluded for it or ridiculed or abused. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yeah, I'm not really sure you can force people to be vaccinated. Encourage? Absolutely, but you can't force them and then restrict what they can do using Covid as a reason. Is that not a violation of basic human rights? 

It is not a basic human right to knowingly risk giving someone else a deadly disease.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OTBC06 said:

Reading through these comments is quite scary, and you can see where some media brain washing has occurred to. Not everyone who has not been vaccinated is an "anti-vaxxer" they just don't trust this one, that is there choice. If you have had the vaccine, why do you care if someone hasn't. You've had it, your safe right???? that was the point in you getting it, and if you are not safe after having it, what's the point in having it?

Yes, there are some bonkers people who are anti-vaxxers, but that is there choice and who knows they may be right. But at the same time there are some bonkers anti-anti-vaxxer people out there, who just go along like sheep doing what they are told without question, who behave no better than Nazis or Antifa.

Having the vaccine should be a choice, and to start vilifying people who have not had it is no better than a society that segregates due to skin color, race, religion or any other reason. We can so easily drop into a **** like state, when people who don't have a vaccine passport outside a club, suddenly get beaten to death, for being where they shouldn't. Its so scary to me, the divide the media is pushing on people. To use that argument that people will take up hospital beds, they shouldn't be treated, its there own fault etc. Well in that case, Drug users, alcohol users, obese people shouldn't be treated for their problems. After all, no one made someone eat 5 McDonalds a day until they couldn't get out of bed. Its just crazy. 

Personally,  its each to their own. Your body, your choice. No one should be excluded for it or ridiculed or abused. 

This

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is not a basic human right to knowingly risk giving someone else a deadly disease.

Heads gone

4 minutes ago, OTBC06 said:

The vacinne makes you safer not safe. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So does staying off the road but millions don 't.  I once heard someone say "life is risky", to which a reply came, "I'll tell you how risky it is, you won't be getting out alive".  And a semantic point, you can never save a life, you may however be able to prolong the odd one.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

So then whats the issue.

a vaccinated person is safer. An unvaccinated person knows the risks.

If someone has covid, they will pass it on. An unvaccinated person won't pass on a more lethal variant coz they haven't been jabbed.

A jabbed person will still catch covid from someone whether they had the jab or not. 

I'm kinda at a loss of the logic. It again, for me, comes down to Media scare mongering. Someone mentioned early that they seen on the news the anti-vaxxers rioting. I'd seen some pretty peaceful protesting, where riot cops actually took off their helmets. Its again pushing that divide. And its also funny how the media can spin rioting to be a good thing when they want to. 

I'm double jabbed, and not (as far as I'm aware) vulnerable however doesn't mean id be happy to catch the virus. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'm double jabbed, and not (as far as I'm aware) vulnerable however doesn't mean id be happy to catch the virus. 

No one is happy to catch the virus, (it wiped me out for 3 weeks), but if I (unknowingly) have it, and stand next to and sneeze, or cough or even just breath, I may pass it to you. Does it matter if I have been jabbed or not, no, it doesn't. You will still get it, at whatever level the vaccine will allow. The vaccine doesn't stop me spreading it or reduce the level of which is spread. Which I think is the reason people don't have it. They don't know what they are putting in their body, there is no come back to the manufacturers, and Pfizer have form in Kenya and India with horrendous consequences on the young people given other vaccines there (not for Covid). 

24 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I deliberately used extreme language, but the basic Utilitarian principle remains true - the greatest good of the greatest number. In this truly dreadful time the greatest good for the vast majority is served by taking all valid precautions to avoid getting this deadly disease AND to avoid passing it on to others. Valid precautions include being vaccinated and wearing a mask whenever in public places with  other people.

The libertarian 'freedom' to not take these precautions, even if a genuinely held belief, as opposed to being simply an expression of wilful selfishness, is totally overwhelmed by the rights of the sensible majority.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

the greatest good of the greatest number

So what your saying is, Thanos had a point.

Think Bill Gates has the same ultimate agenda having listened to his Ted talks and interviews over the past 15 years.

At the end of the day, I would rather football was discussed on a football forum not politics. Since the rise of the PC Woke Mob it seems that having a different opinion, gets you cancelled, shamed beaten and vilified. Just look at what the media did to Trump in the states and Brexiteers here. If you don't have different views, you have what........ Communism, Fascism???? thats not a world I want to live in, and apparently neither do Cubans any more.

41 minutes ago, OTBC06 said:

So then whats the issue.

If someone has covid, they will pass it on. An unvaccinated person won't pass on a more lethal variant coz they haven't been jabbed.

A jabbed person will still catch covid from someone whether they had the jab or not. 

I'm kinda at a loss of the logic. It again, for me, comes down to Media scare mongering. Someone mentioned early that they seen on the news the anti-vaxxers rioting. I'd seen some pretty peaceful protesting, where riot cops actually took off their helmets. Its again pushing that divide. And its also funny how the media can spin rioting to be a good thing when they want to. 

I am not a fan of forcing people to take vaccines and I think that some genuine people unable to take vaccines (due to health reasons) could find themselves excluded or a second class citizen all due to circumstances beyond their control. On the other side if not enough people take up the vaccines then society as a whole doesn't achieve the immunity everyone craves, and the virus finds it easier to mutant meaning it can render those vaccines uneffective. Difficult one....

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I am not a fan of forcing people to take vaccines and I think that some genuine people unable to take vaccines (due to health reasons) could find themselves excluded or a second class citizen all due to circumstances beyond their control. On the other side if not enough people take up the vaccines then society as a whole doesn't achieve the immunity everyone craves, and the virus finds it easier to mutant meaning it can render those vaccines uneffective. Difficult one....

that's exactly it. Its there for those who want it. But if they start saying kids must have it to attend school, or the schools just give them without parents knowledge. Thats a worrying sign.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

No-one is being forced to be vaccinated. It is just that those who refuse have to understand they will be a danger to the rest of the population and will need to self isolate, or be forcibly isolated, for however many months or years it takes to beat covid.

You seem to be under the impression that coronavirus can be eradicated, why is that? Because 90% of virologists/relevant scientists believe that it will be endemic, here forever.

The human race has only managed to eradicate one human infectious disease, smallpox, and has failed to eradicate countless others like malaria and yellow fever. 

So tell me what it means to "beat covid" PurpleCanary? You already know that your vaccine isn't 100% effective, and that you can still catch and transmit the disease, and in some cases die from it. So please square that circle, what does beating Covid look like?

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Nobody else finds it weird that regular people are now talking like this? Nobody?

Yes, I find it very odd, Orwellian, and that's because as much as I believe the pandemic is real, and a vaccine is a great thing, I also believe that it is somewhat convenient to those who want more control over our lives. 

There is a degree of state brainwashing going on, I now understand how Nazism and Communism happened. Above we have an intelligent man, an accountant I believe, using the language you flag along with a mistaken belief that we can "beat" a virus despite this being contrary to the belief of leading experts in the field.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, I find it very odd, Orwellian, and that's because as much as I believe the pandemic is real, and a vaccine is a great thing, I also believe that it is somewhat convenient to those who want more control over our lives. 

There is a degree of state brainwashing going on, I now understand how Nazism and Communism happened. Above we have an intelligent man, an accountant I believe, using the language you flag along with a mistaken belief that we can "beat" a virus despite this being contrary to the belief of leading experts in the field.

Oh, very much this............

I wonder when the unvaccinated will be transported, like cattle, on a train, to an "Unvaccinated Hospitality" Gulag, sorry I meant Camp,  sorry home, thats it, home.

1 hour ago, OTBC06 said:

So then whats the issue.

This is exactly it. The vaccination doesn't stop the virus whatsoever, just protects you from getting it so badly. In theory it wouldn't make a difference if you were shut in a room full of vaccinated people, or unvaccinated people. In theory, your risk of catching it would be virtually the same.

This is a strange one and I can see the for’s and against’s. 
Here’s one for you though, flu causes a lot of deaths each year, in the average year nowhere near as many as COVID, but every few years far more. In the past not particularly high numbers of people had the flu jab, should they have in the past, or in the future be banned from FCR.

Past history has shown that making vaccines compulsory, tends to drive those against further away. We should be doing everything we can to ‘ encourage ‘ people to take the vaccine. Our youngest son is 17 he would love to take the vaccine, but in this country unlike the rest of the world he is not allowed it.