duke63

2 jabs to attend matches?

To be honest no idea.  I thought they were only available for people over 18, so still lots of younger fans to be ‘jabbed’.

6 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

To be honest no idea.  I thought they were only available for people over 18, so still lots of younger fans to be ‘jabbed’.

If under 18s haven’t been offered it then they would be exempt 

• Like 1

I think the problem is that the uptake in the younger groups is slow, hence the need to enforce potential consequences. 

Wouldn’t worry too much about going to CR think around  mid October and the gates will be closed 

Cases rising 

Deaths rising

7 hours ago, daly said:

Wouldn’t worry too much about going to CR think around  mid October and the gates will be closed 

Cases rising 

Deaths rising

Well, colour me shocked. And you know by now who should be blamed if this happens?? 

It does frustrate me to read some of the guff the naysayers spout about all this. It's simple. Wear a mask and you help reduce the spread of the virus. Get the double jab and you help reduce the risk of spreading the virus. You don't need to be Einstein to understand it. You don't need to be a libertarian to understand it. You just have to think that your small action of continuing to wear a mask and getting the jab will help slow the spread of the virus down, help lessen the risk of the NHS getting overwhelmed, help the whole situation.

Its totally selfish to not have the jab or wear a mask, if your only reason for not doing that it is because you are worried about totalitarianism. Fascism/totalitarianism is something we should all definitely be worried about - but not because of the virus. At the moment we still have a vote, we still have parties of the left and centre - we have the ability to stop the far right from ever taking hold - but what happened at the last election?  Yes, traditional lefties voted tory to help the most right wing party for years to get in. Why did they do that?  Supposedly because of brexit, but it has been clear to anyone that cares to try and understand, that the whole debate over brexit was coloured by having to have the far right on board and that voting tory was going to get a useless drip of a PM who only ever says what people want to hear and gets himself tied up in knots because of it - a PM who is totally stuck with having to appease the right wing of his party to stay in power.  

So congratulations peeps, you had the chance to avoid having a right wing government, but you c*ck*d it up.  Now we have a right wing government and of course there will be people in power who try to engineer the situation around covid to advantage themselves and their cause, but to twist every bit of advice and scientific fact and say it is because "they are trying to control you" is so simplistic as to be just stupid. Stupid.  

Get the jab, unless there are medical reasons why you shouldn't have it, stop with the "they are trying to control you" cr*p and lets unite and collectively slow the thing down. We can do it, but as always, there are those for who it is in their interests to push a line which opposes the correct thing to do.....mostly those that stand to make money or gain a bit of power out if it - and there are plenty of people who are dumb enough that they take it all in.

So there are dumb people on both sides, that will always be the case in anything, but the fundamental truth is that unless people show some responsibility for themselves, then the virus will go on causing damage a lot longer than it needs to. So rather than be dumb and go along with "the govt are out to get you" crowd, just think for yourselves what is right on a humanitarian level.

To get the jab, which will help protect yourself and others - or not get the jab and leave yourself open to the virus and also be part of the reason why it continues to spread more easily.  It's not that difficult to understand, is it? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It does frustrate me to read some of the guff the naysayers spout about all this. It's simple. Wear a mask and you help reduce the spread of the virus. Get the double jab and you help reduce the risk of spreading the virus. You don't need to be Einstein to understand it. You don't need to be a libertarian to understand it. You just have to think that your small action of continuing to wear a mask and getting the jab will help slow the spread of the virus down, help lessen the risk of the NHS getting overwhelmed, help the whole situation.

Its totally selfish to not have the jab or wear a mask, if your only reason for not doing that it is because you are worried about totalitarianism. Fascism/totalitarianism is something we should all definitely be worried about - but not because of the virus. At the moment we still have a vote, we still have parties of the left and centre - we have the ability to stop the far right from ever taking hold - but what happened at the last election?  Yes, traditional lefties voted tory to help the most right wing party for years to get in. Why did they do that?  Supposedly because of brexit, but it has been clear to anyone that cares to try and understand, that the whole debate over brexit was coloured by having to have the far right on board and that voting tory was going to get a useless drip of a PM who only ever says what people want to hear and gets himself tied up in knots because of it - a PM who is totally stuck with having to appease the right wing of his party to stay in power.  

So congratulations peeps, you had the chance to avoid having a right wing government, but you c*ck*d it up.  Now we have a right wing government and of course there will be people in power who try to engineer the situation around covid to advantage themselves and their cause, but to twist every bit of advice and scientific fact and say it is because "they are trying to control you" is so simplistic as to be just stupid. Stupid.  

Get the jab, unless there are medical reasons why you shouldn't have it, stop with the "they are trying to control you" cr*p and lets unite and collectively slow the thing down. We can do it, but as always, there are those for who it is in their interests to push a line which opposes the correct thing to do.....mostly those that stand to make money or gain a bit of power out if it - and there are plenty of people who are dumb enough that they take it all in.

So there are dumb people on both sides, that will always be the case in anything, but the fundamental truth is that unless people show some responsibility for themselves, then the virus will go on causing damage a lot longer than it needs to. So rather than be dumb and go along with "the govt are out to get you" crowd, just think for yourselves what is right on a humanitarian level.

To get the jab, which will help protect yourself and others - or not get the jab and leave yourself open to the virus and also be part of the reason why it continues to spread more easily.  It's not that difficult to understand, is it? 

I think you only needed the first paragraph to make your point. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Well, colour me shocked. And you know by now who should be blamed if this happens?? 

China......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Farage? Daily Mail?

Brexit?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Farage? Daily Mail?

Brexit?

They're in the mix but you are missing the great fat, incompetent elephant in the room. 😀

If Pangolins and Bats didn't have dubious hygiene habits - we wouldn't be in this awful mess....A few rogue Pangolins and Bats probably escaped from the wet market next to that laboratory thingy....Then sought sanctuary in the laboratory and 

Just now, Herman said:

They're in the mix but you are missing the great fat, incompetent elephant in the room. 😀

I thought covid 19 was blamed on pangolins and bats.....Where does the elephant come into it?.....

I thought covid 19 was blamed on pangolins and bats.....Where does the elephant come into it?.....

He keeps giving Downing Street briefings

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

He keeps giving Downing Street briefings

Well if Jezzer Corbyn had been elected PM maybe his slightly eccentric bro' Piers would be giving them.....?

Maybe the portly heffalump is currently a better option.....

I durnt wanna be a Lord 'Slugger' Prescott....Now there's a man who stands by his scruples....."But me Pauline wanted to be a Lady".......

Emailed the club for confirmation and received a typical non committal response.

I guess its reasonable to assume they are none the wiser.

Edited by Matt Morriss

15 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Emailed the club for confirmation and received a typical non committal response.

I guess its reasonable to assume they are none the wiser.

They seem to be very good at saying nothing, either in emails (fair play they responded) or their website.

On 20/07/2021 at 00:16, Ray said:

We may need to agree to disagree here 1902 re experimental, however could you explain how an apple picked from a tree or a locust, should I choose to eat one, is man made

Sorry to be late back to this,  but an apple had gone through literally thousands of years of selective breeding by humans. Its natural ancestors look,  and taste, nothing like it. It's man made. To be fair, locusts are a good example of a non domesticated animal that is natural, as long as you don't cook it, but if pour standard for man made being an issue is that we could be eating edible raw locusts then I'm not sure we are operating in the realms of reality anymore. 

On 20/07/2021 at 08:39, The Real Buh said:

There’s no example in history where governments have enacted powers over their citizens and then just given that power back. It just doesn’t happen. This is the new normal. You’ve got your papers to get into pubs, you shop at amazon and every 6 months we shut the country down again because we are trying to “control the virus” because we’ve “still got a long way to go”. This thing usually ends up with a North Korea communist situation or a civil war type situation.

a society where children are told they can’t be close to people they love. Im no psychologist but that’s no good. No good at all.

This is far more complex than “just get the vaccine” and while im Not into the “China did this deliberately” category I’m in the “China benefits massively from this” category

Except all the examples of governments doing exactly that. From ration cards, to free schools, to the abolition of sedition laws. There are hundreds of examples of government's of all political persuasions giving up powers.  Can we all stop saying "it's never happened in history" when it categorically and demonstratably has.

6 hours ago, 1902 said:

Sorry to be late back to this,  but an apple had gone through literally thousands of years of selective breeding by humans. Its natural ancestors look,  and taste, nothing like it. It's man made. To be fair, locusts are a good example of a non domesticated animal that is natural, as long as you don't cook it, but if pour standard for man made being an issue is that we could be eating edible raw locusts then I'm not sure we are operating in the realms of reality anymore. 

You'll get no argument from me re operating outside the realms of reality, albeit possibly for different reasons.

On 19/07/2021 at 22:19, Hardhouse44 said:

It’s not just making sure we’ve all had a double jab, it lots of things that will help keep us safe at football.

one for example is the forcing of all prematch pubs to stop serving coffee. This causes the barman/maid to take excessive time preparing the coffee/machine. Causing a build up in the queue at the bar of proper fans wanting beer! This means that coffee in pubs is actually causing fans to push and jostle more in an attempt to get served having had to wait longer. Resulting in closer more prolonged contact with others.

So think! If you want a coffee Fcuk off to Starbucks.

A slogan if ever I’ve seen one.

IKR! & Don’t get me started on people who selfishly choose  draught beer when they should be  just having bottles from the fridge

8 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

IKR! & Don’t get me started on people who selfishly choose  draught beer when they should be  just having bottles from the fridge

A bottle from the fridge isn’t a proper beer 

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

A bottle from the fridge isn’t a proper beer 

Agreed! just as I assume (not a coffee drinker) a beer isn’t a proper coffee 😋