duke63

2 jabs to attend matches?

5 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Smash it down (to a manageable level) yes, eradicate it completely - most likely no

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion it will never be low enough for some people that’s what worries me. I’m thinking some people are liking all this, got a bit of a taste for authoritarianism. We’ve got to keep an eye on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I was invited to bring my 2nd jab forwards. I rebooked it today for next Tuesday. You should be able to do the same.

Exactly, and I had the same thing. Should have had it on the 23rd, but brought it forward to the 5th.

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If it is Pfizer the rest of the world use 3 - 4 weeks. Oxford is better at 8 weeks, but not many will be having that at the moment.

True. I got it wrong, thought it was 8 weeks for all jabs but Pfizer is fine after 21 days gap apparently. I’ll be bringing mine forward now I know.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m vaccinated but I’m getting very uneasy about all this. Can you really see all this banning and restrictions ending well? Are walls and barriers the bedrock of a well functioning society?

I think these walls and barriers are called laws usually and yes they do tend to have a role in society functioning.

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

True. I got it wrong, thought it was 8 weeks for all jabs but Pfizer is fine after 21 days gap apparently. I’ll be bringing mine forward now I know.

I think the U.K. may still have the 8 week rule not 100% sure.

Just now, 1902 said:

I think these walls and barriers are called laws usually and yes they do tend to have a role in society functioning.

I guess “show us your papers” is kind of a law, just not one we’ve had over here. Let’s face it though, some people are well into that and want more and more of it.

corporations making up “laws” and having such huge influence is equally concerning. The massive expansion of corporations during all this is terrifying tbh. How can any government defend its people from these entities?

4 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

What a joke, did anyone see pictures on the news lunch time about the nightclub that was already full at Midnight when Freedom day started, and the non Vax required crowd counted down to midnight.

Probably because a decision had not been taken that the occupants we’re the subject of vaccination for that particular night,! as the decision was made today! 
BBC WEBSITE NEWS.

Full vaccination will be made a condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather in England from September, under government plans revealed by the PM. Boris Johnson told a news briefing that he was concerned by the "continuing risk" of transmission……..L.L.LHe said the measures would come in at the end of September.

Edited by City 2nd

Just now, The Real Buh said:

I guess “show us your papers” is kind of a law, just not one we’ve had over here. Let’s face it though, some people are well into that and want more and more of it.

corporations making up “laws” and having such huge influence is equally concerning. The massive expansion of corporations during all this is terrifying tbh. How can any government defend its people from these entities?

Thats rubbish, show is your papers is the law to drive, to get a job, to get housing, to get health care if there is a suspicion you can't use the NHS, even to enter nightclubs and pubs if you have a young face.

We have always had companies enforce the law because otherwise they have been threatened with sanctions. Every pub you have ever been in has done that. Your ISP does that. 

In many ways this is less draconian than many other state measures, because we all have two optons. 

2 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Thats rubbish, show is your papers is the law to drive, to get a job, to get housing, to get health care if there is a suspicion you can't use the NHS, even to enter nightclubs and pubs if you have a young face.

We have always had companies enforce the law because otherwise they have been threatened with sanctions. Every pub you have ever been in has done that. Your ISP does that. 

In many ways this is less draconian than many other state measures, because we all have two optons. 

What’s next? You don’t see any trickle effect at all going on? Are you happy Just to bum along not even questioning anything? 

what I’m saying is I’m becoming increasingly concerned by everything that’s going on. We don’t get out of this without a severely crippled society. That’s your children and grandchildren screwed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

What’s next? You don’t see any trickle effect at all going on? Are you happy Just to bum along not even questioning anything? 

what I’m saying is I’m becoming increasingly concerned by everything that’s going on. We don’t get out of this without a severely crippled society. That’s your children and grandchildren screwed.

That's a terrible argument, unless you can define why vaccinations for football matches are worse that many of the other restrictions we have currently. Saying what's next based on a hypothetical situation of your own making just proves you can envisage worse, it has no bearing on the situation now or even any influence on the future.

Why is this policy more concerning than say the smoking ban in pubs?  Seatbelts in cars? Health and Safety regulations on who can serve food under what conditions? All of which sacrifice liberty for public safety. Unless you can explain that, I'm not going to feel particularly concerned that I have been brainwashed into giving up the future of my children and grandchildren.

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, Foxy2600 said:

I’m so pleased for you. 

I’m Gold-plated pension scheme, if the anti-vaxxers fill the NHS up to the gunnels, bring the country back to September 2020 - panic buying, working from home, no industry restart it will bother me not a jot. 

Might want to ascertain whether your pension payments increase by RPI or CPI before thinking you are immune to hyper inflation caused by quantitative easing, but whatever. 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Absolutely agree - vaccines should not be mandatory but there’s no reason it shouldn’t be mandatory for people to have had them in order to do things alongside others.  It’s still a choice.

Would it include going on a train or bus? As dependent on how far this goes exactly, its effectively pushing through mandatory vaccines through the back door. 

A friend of mine isn't having a jab as they've twice almost died of blood clots, opted it wasn't worth the risk and that they'd rather chance covid. I thought it was fair enough, wasn't a decision bourne out of ignorance or selfishness. So that friend should not be allowed to go to a football game, gig, or foreign holiday for the rest of his life?

I mean, if that sounds reasonable to you then that may be a sign of how far our civil liberties have been eroded? 

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

But it can’t be, because your decision affects everyone else. It’s like saying speeding in your car should be a personal choice!!

We are on track to achieve the 85%+ uptake we need for the vaccine to be effective without making it mandatory.

And no, it is not like saying speeding in your car should be a personal choice because speeding in your car is against the law and has been for almost as long as cars have been on the road. Vaccines have never been mandatory in the UK. 

And yet vaccines have always been deployed successfully, as uptake has always been widespread enough, the number of skeptics has never been sufficient to make it necessary to mandate vaccination, and it isn't with this covid jab either? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Would it include going on a train or bus? As dependent on how far this goes exactly, its effectively pushing through mandatory vaccines through the back door. 

A friend of mine isn't having a jab as they've twice almost died of blood clots, opted it wasn't worth the risk and that they'd rather chance covid. I thought it was fair enough, wasn't a decision bourne out of ignorance or selfishness. So that friend should not be allowed to go to a football game, gig, or foreign holiday for the rest of his life?

I mean, if that sounds reasonable to you then that may be a sign of how far our civil liberties have been eroded? 

Im genuinely sorry for your mate, also sorry for all those who cannot get jabbed who cant do any of those things until enough people are vaccinated.

If he has a medical reason he should be exempt but that's something that needs to be discussed with a GP.

• Like 1

It’s not just making sure we’ve all had a double jab, it lots of things that will help keep us safe at football.

one for example is the forcing of all prematch pubs to stop serving coffee. This causes the barman/maid to take excessive time preparing the coffee/machine. Causing a build up in the queue at the bar of proper fans wanting beer! This means that coffee in pubs is actually causing fans to push and jostle more in an attempt to get served having had to wait longer. Resulting in closer more prolonged contact with others.

So think! If you want a coffee Fcuk off to Starbucks.

A slogan if ever I’ve seen one.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We are on track to achieve the 85%+ uptake we need for the vaccine to be effective without making it mandatory.

And no, it is not like saying speeding in your car should be a personal choice because speeding in your car is against the law and has been for almost as long as cars have been on the road. Vaccines have never been mandatory in the UK. 

And yet vaccines have always been deployed successfully, as uptake has always been widespread enough, the number of skeptics has never been sufficient to make it necessary to mandate vaccination, and it isn't with this covid jab either? 

That's not true, the smallpox vaccine was mandatory. Incidentally it was made mandatory 40 years before cars were invented. 

Edited by 1902

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

Yes , should be a choice but venues should also be able to choose to not let non vaxed in

I skipped school the day they were dishing out the BCG jabs, should people have to prove that they've had the TB jab too? 

What about all these other vaccines? 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/nhs-vaccinations-and-when-to-have-them/

So instead of a 'vaccine card' it should be like a vaccine booklet, like dogs get from their vets? 

Just saying that I think it sets a dangerous precedent, its not rational thinking. There isn't any real danger of uptake being insufficient enough to risk the vaccine being unsuccessful. 

And the people at biggest risk of transmission from the unvaccinated are other unvaccinated people. You are far more likely to be infected if not jabbed, and far more likely to get seriously ill if unvaccinated.

I thought that was the point in the vaccination, its why I got it! 

3 minutes ago, 1902 said:

That's not true, the smallpox vaccine was mandatory. Incidentally it was made mandatory 40 years before cars were invented. 

I stand corrected then.

Although it was 170(ish) years ago. 

Just now, Chelm Canary said:

I've had no jabs and I won't be having any.

That's the end of the conversation as far as I'm concerned. 

Well not really, you'll want to continue the conversation if that means you can never visit Carrow Road again.

• Like 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I stand corrected then.

Although it was 170(ish) years ago. 

True, though it does prove that we don't have some ancient right to reject vaccination. 

Surely the point is that this virus has shown that it is able to mutate into different variations. Unvaccinated people passing it on to other unvaccinated people will increase the opportunities for a new variation to evolve that is vaccine resistant and we’ll all be back to square one.

Then there will be have to be further restrictions which the anti-vax movement will be on the streets protesting about

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Well you won’t be a Chelmsford Canary for much longer

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

True, though it does prove that we don't have some ancient right to reject vaccination. 

Small Pox vaccinations were made mandatory at a time when 1 in 7 men had the right to vote, and 0 women had the right to vote.

So I mean, applying that logic then we aren't entitled to any of our civil liberties or privileges because at some stage in the distant part there were some terribly oppressed people who didn't have them.

The price that is paid by those who decide not to vaccinate is a much more serious illness when they inevitably become infected with Covid, like most of us will, and that is their problem.

5 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

So long as you don’t come to Carrow Road and sit near me then you suit yourself.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well not really, you'll want to continue the conversation if that means you can never visit Carrow Road again.

I wasn't aware I was to be permanently banned.

Maybe I should rethink it.

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

...short of people holding you down and sticking a needle in your body....I cant see how it can be mandatory?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It’s obvious that there can be exceptions on medical grounds - for clinically vulnerable, people shielding and so on - there are various groups that are affected in such a way.  It doesn’t take a lot of thought to put something in place but it does seem beyond those in charge as they aren’t interested.

12 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Interesting that Smallpox is now extinct.