duke63

2 jabs to attend matches?

Nudge don't work unless reward comes with it.  This is the big push from Mr Johnson et al.  Want to go clubbing / to the footie.   Get two jabs and you can.  Join done ......?

I look forward to us welcoming away fans from London. Lowest vaccination rate in the country. 

It's a test for the vaccines as well. None of them have had to deal with crowded areas. Must admit my bravado has dwindled since about a month ago. I wouldn't contemplate going anywhere unvaccinated let alone the Upper Barclay.

• Like 1

At least 1p5wich should be ok for the non-vaccinated.

"And he confirms that by the end of September the government plans "to make full vaccination the condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather".

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm doubled jabbed. 

I'm anti-mandatory vaccine, should be a choice.

But it can’t be, because your decision affects everyone else. It’s like saying speeding in your car should be a personal choice!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

But it can’t be, because your decision affects everyone else. It’s like saying speeding in your car should be a personal choice!!

Totally agree and what an apt moniker too!  

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

If more of the youngsters had it of their own free will they wouldnt have needed to. 

If they dont have the jabs, they cannot expect to be able to fully participate in certain things. 

They still have a choice - just it has consequences for all either way. 

So they are being blackmailed into it by having their freedoms taken away, absolute rubbish.

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So they are being blackmailed into it by having their freedoms taken away, absolute rubbish.

not at all - if they dont have it, they cannot attend certain places, to keep others (attendees / employees) there safe. 

If not the freedom of those people is taken away through no choice of their own. Other than people with medical reasons not to have a jab, there is no reason not to have it. 

This virus will leave our society unrecognisable. Almost as if that benefits a certain, large, emerging superpower.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm doubled jabbed. 

Absolutely agree - vaccines should not be mandatory but there’s no reason it shouldn’t be mandatory for people to have had them in order to do things alongside others.  It’s still a choice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

not at all - if they dont have it, they cannot attend certain places, to keep others (attendees / employees) there safe. 

If not the freedom of those people is taken away through no choice of their own. Other than people with medical reasons not to have a jab, there is no reason not to have it. 

So what is the point in people being vaccinated twice if they are still not safe? 

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So what is the point in people being vaccinated twice if they are still not safe? 

to keep numbers down until more are vaccinated. Im sure you can see that.

Numbers in Norfolk & Cambridge have doubled since last week, before 'freedom day' today 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

to keep numbers down until more are vaccinated. Im sure you can see that.

Numbers in Norfolk & Cambridge have doubled since last week, before 'freedom day' today 

I can see plenty, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I can see plenty, thanks.

Thats why more people need to vaccinated. You did ask! 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Driving a car full stop is dangerous, you don’t have to be speeding to kill someone

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The worry for me is whether the vaccines will work. They've only been tested in a lockdown and restricted environment in this country and don't seem to be stopping infections. We'll know more in 4 to 6 weeks time how they face up to the Delta variant.

I'm not so concerned about death, but long Covid doesn't have much appeal.

I'm going to risk the football because I've been waiting for this for so long,  but it could be bad news for anyone coming into close contact with me afterwards.

And it's not just 1 game, it's 19 and the pubs before and after. That's a lot of Covid hits. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vazzza said:

I’m of the age where I’ve had my first jab and my 2nd is at the end of August.How anyone can think it’s fair that I’d have to miss the Liverpool game and any other home games before my 2nd jab just because of my age…

The most vulnerable are the older among us so rightly got their jabs first, but now also get their freedom earlier. I think not

I was invited to bring my 2nd jab forwards. I rebooked it today for next Tuesday. You should be able to do the same.

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Driving a car full stop is dangerous, you don’t have to be speeding to kill someone

You dont have to jabbed to not get the virus either, but like speeding, it reduces the effect / impact. 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm doubled jabbed. 

I’m so pleased for you. 

I’m Gold-plated pension scheme, if the anti-vaxxers fill the NHS up to the gunnels, bring the country back to September 2020 - panic buying, working from home, no industry restart it will bother me not a jot. 

What the fcuk is wrong with people. There are several mandatory things in life. Seat belts, no smoking in many areas for instance are for your health and other peoples.

If some people want choice then understand if certain business owners, sporting venues, nightclubs, supermarkets invoke their choice not to let you in.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

What the fcuk is wrong with people. There are several mandatory things in life. Seat belts, no smoking in many areas for instance are for your health and other peoples.

If some people want choice then understand if certain business owners, sporting venues, nightclubs, supermarkets invoke their choice not to let you in.

Well said. 

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Spot on.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Spot on.

Blimey hoggy, have we agreed again?!! 😊 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I was invited to bring my 2nd jab forwards. I rebooked it today for next Tuesday. You should be able to do the same.

But be careful how early you bring it forward. Advice is 2nd jab should be at least 8 weeks after first - gives you more protection for longer.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I’m vaccinated but I’m getting very uneasy about all this. Can you really see all this banning and restrictions ending well? Are walls and barriers the bedrock of a well functioning society?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m vaccinated but I’m getting very uneasy about all this. Can you really see all this banning and restrictions ending well? Are walls and barriers the bedrock of a well functioning society?

It’s Coronavirus that’s the wall and barrier to a well functioning society. Doing all we can to beat it (vaccines/masks etc) is the only way to smashing that barrier down.

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

It’s Coronavirus that’s the wall and barrier to a well functioning society. Doing all we can to beat it (vaccines/masks etc) is the only way to smashing that barrier down.

Can you smash it down? Is it possible to beat a virus that’s worldwide? It’s out of the bag

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Can you smash it down? Is it possible to beat a virus that’s worldwide? It’s out of the bag

Smash it down (to a manageable level) yes, eradicate it completely - most likely no

7 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

But be careful how early you bring it forward. Advice is 2nd jab should be at least 8 weeks after first - gives you more protection for longer.

If it is Pfizer the rest of the world use 3 - 4 weeks. Oxford is better at 8 weeks, but not many will be having that at the moment.