Maltesecanary

10 million bid For Sargent Rejected

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Think there's already some discussion about it on the transfer rumour thread. Feel free to come join in, Maltese šŸ‘

And that is exactly why you have a ā€˜transfer threadā€™ on pretty much every clubā€™s footie message board, so there arenā€™t 245 different pages to go through each time, with often the same rumour. CUSDP aside, IĀ donā€™t know why it took us all so long to catch on!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

52 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sargent Til??

Heā€™d struggle to be a pcso nowadays šŸ˜œ

Edited by FenwayFrank

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Heā€™d struggle to be a pcso nowadays šŸ˜œ

At 69 yes probably but hilarious all the same . Now didn't i read the other day you getting all indignant about somebody taking threads off topic ? Something aong the lines .....here he goes again.

I donā€™t mind a new transfer rumour thread.

ā€officialā€ transfer rumour threads get to the stage where thereā€™s so much rubbish on them that I donā€™t bother opening the thread anymore. Or even worse, itā€™s probably descended into a childish argument by now anyway. Threads more than a few hours old normally do.

SO thanks OP bringing this to the fore. face value stats donā€™t sound amazing but if heā€™s as wizardry as he is weasely I reckon he could be a winner.

• Like 4

Rachica used to player for Werder Bremen so I wonder if thatā€™ll be a pull factor?

Also if we do bag Josh, we may generate interest in America. Which may mean more fans, sponsorship and maybe new owners not that Iā€™m advocating owner change.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

At 69 yes probably but hilarious all the same . Now didn't i read the other day you getting all indignant about somebody taking threads off topic ? Something aong the lines .....here he goes again.

You know it doesn't work like that Tilly!Ā 

16 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Rachica used to player for Werder Bremen so I wonder if thatā€™ll be a pull factor?

Also if we do bag Josh, we may generate interest in America. Which may mean more fans, sponsorship and maybe new owners not that Iā€™m advocating owner change.

I did wonder if that was part of the reasoning behind us signing Soto. Man Utd had a spell where theyā€™d buy Japanā€™s top player, rumour has it that it was to increase further interest and revenue out there more than anything

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

*Cough*, it was Herman's nephew that actually took the thread off topic, Fenway Frank just responded to his comment..........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 1

My nephew took over my account. Nothing to do with me.Ā šŸ¤„

• Haha 2

Worth noting that nowhere in the article referred to here does it say we offered Ā£10m for Sargent.

In fact, it says we made an offer, that was rejected, for a player they are believed to value at around 10m Euros.

8 minutes ago, chrisr1606 said:

His goal vs feyenoord yesterday, at 2:40 in the video. It is a bit pukki-esque

Ā 

Fantastic pass and run that, although not sure what the defenders who were supposed to be marking him were doing..

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

ā€officialā€ transfer rumour threads get to the stage where thereā€™s so much rubbish on them that I donā€™t bother opening the thread anymore. Or even worse, itā€™s probably descended into a childish argument by now anyway.

You were saying?

If it's a basic rumour then transfer thread is fine but if it's big news then I prefer a fresh topic to discuss it.Ā Ā 

I don't check the transfer rumour thread because it's full of rumours.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

If it's a basic rumour then transfer thread is fine but if it's big news then I prefer a fresh topic to discuss it.Ā Ā 

I don't check the transfer rumour thread because it's full of rumours.

I agree, once it becomes serious then it totally deserves its own thread! But see little point in wading through 27 different threadsĀ of the same rumour!

Edited by Alex Moss

51 minutes ago, chicken said:

Worth noting that nowhere in the article referred to here does it say we offered Ā£10m for Sargent.

In fact, it says we made an offer, that was rejected, for a player they are believed to value at around 10m Euros.

Which currently is about Ā£8.5m. If that is Werder's assessment of the basic fee, as opposed to with add-ons, and IF we did make a bid a guess would be we offered no more than Ā£5m or so as a basic fee, as our initial move.

3 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I donā€™t mind a new transfer rumour thread.

ā€officialā€ transfer rumour threads get to the stage where thereā€™s so much rubbish on them that I donā€™t bother opening the thread anymore. Or even worse, itā€™s probably descended into a childish argument by now anyway. Threads more than a few hours old normally do.

SO thanks OP bringing this to the fore. face value stats donā€™t sound amazing but if heā€™s as wizardry as he is weasely I reckon he could be a winner.

Thatā€™s a double thumbs up from me. Couldnā€™t agree more

Looks very one-footed in the highlights, any better than Idah?

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I agree, once it becomes serious then it totally deserves its own thread! But see little point in wading through 27 different threadsĀ of the same rumour!

It only becomes serious when cambridge starts a thread on a player Alex. šŸ˜œ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I wasn't aware there were multiple threads about this. I must have chanced upon one.

I thought this one held some water. Again maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I wasn't aware there were multiple threads about this. I must have chanced upon one.

Everyone knows it's against the rules on this forum made for making threads and posts to make threads and posts

Ā 

šŸ˜‰

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I donā€™t mind facetious d1cks like you having a pop, but for those with half a brain, it goes without saying everyone can post what they want, where they want šŸ‘

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I donā€™t mind facetious d1cks like you having a pop, but for those with half a brain, it goes without saying everyone can post what they want, where they want šŸ‘

Total moron.