Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

players we should loan out

I’ll assume that’s a predictive text error (or just horrendous spelling) and not a deliberate misspelling of Placheta (if that’s who you’re talking about).

Idah will have a breakthrough season (just a hunch but he should at least be in and around the squad)

’big Andy’ is getting glowing reports from within the club. After the success of bringing through youth, I trust their decision if he also stays in the squad.

Placheta as wing back cover or a different option from the bench is interesting. Haven’t seen too much from him and featured less and less as last season went on. Of the 3, can see him being loaned out. Not crucial to our season imo but, like Onel, a good option to have and harsh to fully judge him on the few minutes he’s actually played (though there’s obviously a reason for that).

None of those 3 will be going anywhere unless we bring new players in

6 hours ago, AJ said:

None of those 3 will be going anywhere unless we bring new players in

Probably. But if it comes down to Placheta as wingback cover we will be in deep ****.

• Like 1

I'd probably loan out two of those three. 

I don't think Placheta is ready for the Premier League. I've always defended him and said that whilst he's very raw and lacking in end product he does have potential, but he doesn't seem to be developing his end product and footballing brain fast enough. I'd loan him out. 

I'd loan out Idah too. I think it would be better for him and us in the long term if he gets a season of regular football under his belt rather than just getting 15 minute runouts from the bench here and there, which is likely to happen if he stays, especially if we bring another forward. 

Omobamidele is probably worth keeping around though. He's younger than the other two so it isn't quite as urgent that he gets regular minutes, and if we use three centre backs regularly then he might get enough game time to keep his development ticking over.

I now await the 'look what happened to Cantwell' comments.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

I’ll assume that’s a predictive text error (or just horrendous spelling) and not a deliberate misspelling of Placheta (if that’s who you’re talking about).

Idah will have a breakthrough season (just a hunch but he should at least be in and around the squad)

’big Andy’ is getting glowing reports from within the club. After the success of bringing through youth, I trust their decision if he also stays in the squad.

Placheta as wing back cover or a different option from the bench is interesting. Haven’t seen too much from him and featured less and less as last season went on. Of the 3, can see him being loaned out. Not crucial to our season imo but, like Onel, a good option to have and harsh to fully judge him on the few minutes he’s actually played (though there’s obviously a reason for that).

Yeah sorry I meant placheta , he's still very much work in progress he needs to get game time . idah just needs game time , which he's unlikely to get a lot of , big Andy will be a top top player but lets not throw him in the lions den just yet , a season on loan in the champ would be ideal.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd probably loan out two of those three. 

I don't think Placheta is ready for the Premier League. I've always defended him and said that whilst he's very raw and lacking in end product he does have potential, but he doesn't seem to be developing his end product and footballing brain fast enough. I'd loan him out. 

I'd loan out Idah too. I think it would be better for him and us in the long term if he gets a season of regular football under his belt rather than just getting 15 minute runouts from the bench here and there, which is likely to happen if he stays, especially if we bring another forward. 

Omobamidele is probably worth keeping around though. He's younger than the other two so it isn't quite as urgent that he gets regular minutes, and if we use three centre backs regularly then he might get enough game time to keep his development ticking over.

I now await the 'look what happened to Cantwell' comments.

Re. the last bit, the noises coming from the club seem to indicate Omobamidele and Idah are both having their Cantwell stretches. Could see Mumba and Sorensen sniffing around as well.

McCullum is a good loan out, he needed another season of seasoning due to his rapid rise beforehand. Adshead could use one - I really liked the look of him at Kings Lynn. Makes me wonder if a good ball-playing side in the lower divisions here would be a starting point, or a lower-ranked side in the Champs. I'd keep Placheta around for the counter-attacking threat. Idah is a shout, but I'd also argue his international spells are also useful seasoning.

Sinani and Sitti undoubtedly to be sent out on loan and hard to make a case right now that they are going to make a breakthrough and being anywhere close to the first team match day squad 

Problem with loan Idah or Omobamidele out is Norwich will need to sign replacements to cover them. With reports they are already looking to sign 3/4 players, adding another 2 in seems a bit excessive. 

Both will likely get minutes at Norwich, Idah definitely will, so I see no great need to loan them out right now. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Problem with loan Idah or Omobamidele out is Norwich will need to sign replacements to cover them. With reports they are already looking to sign 3/4 players, adding another 2 in seems a bit excessive. 

Will we though? We currently have 24 genuine first team players:

Krul, Gunn, McGovern.

Aarons, Giannoulis, Byram, Mumba, Hanley, Gibson, Zimmermann, Omobamidele.

Gilmour, McLean, Sorensen, Rupp, Lees-Melou, Dowell, Cantwell, Rashica, Hernandez, Placheta.

Pukki, Hugill, Idah.

We all agree that we need three more players, probably four (CB, DM, W, CF), and that takes us to 27/28. At that point, we have to trim the squad by four or five to get the not-too-bloated squad size Farke wants, so who would that be? The obvious candidates would be one of Idah/Hugill (I'd rather loan out Idah for regular football), one or even both of Placheta or Hernandez if we sign both a genuine winger and an out-and-out striker, then who? I'm actually starting to wonder if we really needed Lees-Melou in all honesty, looking at the squad size.