Sign in to follow this  
How I Wrote Elastic Man

Italian FA bans Green Kit in Serie A

7 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

From 2022-23 Season

I wonder if this approach will ever work it´s way over to England?

Not a problem. Because of global warming pretty soon if there is any grass left it will be a parched brown colour...🔆

• Haha 2

Good thing our kit is mostly yellow.

Seriouly however it is interesting that it does not say who decided to ban it mind, if it was the bosses that run Seri A or any other kind of company. If the FA ever try this however we can kindly tell them short walk long peer highway cars into noose rope bath toast yourself.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing our kit is mostly yellow.

Seriouly however it is interesting that it does not say who decided to ban it mind, if it was the bosses that run Seri A or any other kind of company. If the FA ever try this however we can kindly tell them short walk long peer highway cars into noose rope bath toat yourself.

I´d assumed it was the Italian FA who made the decision. I may be wrong

It´s the TV companies that have driven this through, though. No surprise there

5 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Has anyone ever watched a team play mainly in green and not be able to see them?

I remember when all the goalkeepers a few years ago wore green kits as there was some kinda thought going around that green kits would blend in to the pitch and make the keeper harder to spot or something along those lines

But then as it happens it seemed to do the opposite as the colour green tends to draw the eye

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Has anyone ever watched a team play mainly in green and not be able to see them?

This is a genuine photo of a pre season game between NCFC (wearing their change Lotus green kit in 2003/4 ) and Plymouth Argyle who in error wore their home shirt . 
You decide . 

8EFEE29B-7959-41B4-85BE-7A5CA5F6AA30.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I remember when all the goalkeepers a few years ago wore green kits as there was some kinda thought going around that green kits would blend in to the pitch and make the keeper harder to spot or something along those lines

But then as it happens it seemed to do the opposite as the colour green tends to draw the eye

In the early 00's I was watching a champions League match where the Bayern goalkeeper was wearing a green kit, Ron Atkinson described him as "looking like the n* in the wood pile" (though obviously uncensored). Nothing was said of it again, so was not surprised a couple of years later when he got sacked...

13 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This is a genuine photo of a pre season game between NCFC (wearing their change Lotus green kit in 2003/4 ) and Plymouth Argyle who in error wore their home shirt . 
You decide . 

8EFEE29B-7959-41B4-85BE-7A5CA5F6AA30.jpeg

Why do we insist on zonal marking at corners? I can't see anyone even close to their CB.

• Haha 2