Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Billy Gilmour highlights

What I like about him is that he never stays still, always moving after passing the ball, looking for space, which of course is the way we want to play as a team. Seems such a simple thing to do, but so many players/teams don't seem to do it enough.

He will be great for us. Playing the David Fox deep lying playmaker role. Just need to get the balance right around him. A two with him snd Rupp is a bit lightweight. Needs some physicality next to him or to be part of a three man midfield.

looks a mega talented player,  but looks like a proper cm sadly farke likes to play 2 cdm and 1 acm , so not sure how he fits in , hopefully farke can find a way to accomadate him, as he is busy and has a good passing range.

I'm surprised they managed to get the right player.

Watching the match live on YouTube,  the chat in the second half was full of Chelsea fans. A number of them thought Rupp was Gilmour....

9 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

looks a mega talented player,  but looks like a proper cm sadly farke likes to play 2 cdm and 1 acm , so not sure how he fits in , hopefully farke can find a way to accomadate him, as he is busy and has a good passing range.

He's  no slouch in his defensive  duties,  there's no way he'd be able to ignore that side of his game if he has any hope of making it at Chelsea.....or impressing  here for  that matter.  

only 2000 more views and it hits 100,000 views. That's pretty crazy, Chelsea fans sure are wild.

We ever had a player have a pre season friendly heighlights video, nevermind one that gets 100,000 views? Insane

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

only 2000 more views and it hits 100,000 views. That's pretty crazy, Chelsea fans sure are wild.

We ever had a player have a pre season friendly heighlights video, nevermind one that gets 100,000 views? Insane

May I suggest that you  start.....

👍😇😉

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I read the comments on YouTube and there was so many Chelsea fans on there , they are gutted we've got him for the season.

7 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I read the comments on YouTube and there was so many Chelsea fans on there , they are gutted we've got him for the season.

Indeed we are....Did you notice how his first touch was so often forward and put him instantly in the body position to play the pass with his second touch? Compare that to Kalvin Phillips in the Euro's who everyone is raving about when his first instinct was always backwards.  Don't get me wrong I love Phillips work rate but he is so limited compared to a talent like BG. Enjoy him. We want him back when you've polished him a bit. 

22 minutes ago, Holps said:

Indeed we are....Did you notice how his first touch was so often forward and put him instantly in the body position to play the pass with his second touch? Compare that to Kalvin Phillips in the Euro's who everyone is raving about when his first instinct was always backwards.  Don't get me wrong I love Phillips work rate but he is so limited compared to a talent like BG. Enjoy him. We want him back when you've polished him a bit. 

Gilmour sure seems to be much more of an attack minded and forward runs makier and creator midfielder than a defensive one, which given how we want to play (and more so given we will often be on the back foot and need to attack on the break in our upcoming season) he's the perfect fit for us, while we do have Dowell at number 10 I would honestly love to see how Gilmour would do playing at number 10, feel he could slot into that position from time to time pretty well

33 minutes ago, Holps said:

Yeah he's a massive talent and he's gonna be a star , much better than the hugely overrated mason mount.

3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah he's a massive talent and he's gonna be a star , much better than the hugely overrated mason mount.

Mount is a very good player.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Chelsea fans have nothing better to do, obviously.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Nor did Mbappe, but that doesn't mean he has become a bad player overnight.

Mount was voted Chelsea's POTS last season and he's virtually undroppable for club and country, so he must have something about him.

good club player, but not international class ,grealish, maddison, jwp, all better they score more and create more.

7 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Chelsea fans have nothing better to do, obviously.

How dare they spend their spare time watching one of their most hyped up and talked about players play football.

Disgusting, honestly. How very, very dare they. Quite frankly such a thing should be illegal 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare they spend their spare time watching one of their most hyped up and talked about players play football.

Disgusting, honestly. How very, very dare they. Quite frankly such a thing should be illegal 😉

Yeah why don't they go on their own forums , and start pointless threads .

Edited by Canary dwarf

37 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Oh dear..now you've gone too far! Did you actually watch the Champions League Final? Mount is our most important midfielder and that is in a squad with Kante, Jorghino (please stop diving J man) , Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz (future superstar) , Kovacic,im not including Drinkwater!

I know its become very fashionable to attack him but in the Euro's Southgate's absurdly defensive tactics meant he was isolated to a ridiculous level against every decent team and flogged his guts out for us anyway.  I love Mase...he plays the game with a fantastic attitude without a hint of arrogance and is a huge talent. Tuchel does not suffer players who he doesn't rate - ask Tammy.

Back to BG....Please don't break him! In a twisted way I would love to see him play against us and see if he can show Tuchel what a mistake he's made... I've never agreed with loan players not being able to play against their parent clubs. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah why don't they go on their own forums , and start pointless threads .

Shut up you daft ****, your mother should have swallowed you let's all be honest here.

'Pointless' Yes, a thread TALKING ABOUT A NORWICH PLAYER AND HOW HE HAS PLAYED ON A NORWICH FORUM THAT WAS CREATED FOR PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT NORWICH PLAYERS is 'pointless'

Jesus christ, I'm so ****ing tired of this ****.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shut up you daft ****, your mother should have swallowed you let's all be honest here.

'Pointless' Yes, a thread TALKING ABOUT A NORWICH PLAYER AND HOW HE HAS PLAYED ON A NORWICH FORUM THAT WAS CREATED FOR PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT NORWICH PLAYERS is 'pointless'

I've always loved forum warriors who attack fans for chatting about what the forum is about when all they have to do is not read it if it upsets them. As for this being a Norwich forum, of course it is, but if it is not a place for respectful rival fans to come on and talk about a Norwich related player which BG is, then it would be a poorer place for it my friend. I don't think I've typed a word that should have caused you to lose feathers but each to their own I guess and I hope the sight of Billy cheers you up this season. 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Non illigitimi carborundum..

Or words to that effect. 

Keep the pepper up and those thread starters tapping on the keys.

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I was only joking don't take things so personally.

23 minutes ago, Holps said:

I've always loved forum warriors who attack fans for chatting about what the forum is about when all they have to do is not read it if it upsets them. As for this being a Norwich forum, of course it is, but if it is not a place for respectful rival fans to come on and talk about a Norwich related player which BG is, then it would be a poorer place for it my friend. I don't think I've typed a word that should have caused you to lose feathers but each to their own I guess and I hope the sight of Billy cheers you up this season. 

Don’t think Cambridge was aiming that at you, Holps!

Thanks for the insights. We’re pretty good on here when it comes to fans of rival clubs, I suppose it just depends on the approach! We’re not Brentford - their message board is dead touchy, and they get very upset very quickly if they get a reality check from an outsider! 😂

1 hour ago, Canary dwarf said:

good club player, but not international class ,grealish, maddison, jwp, all better they score more and create more.

I'm sorry, but that's nonsense. Different players work differently in different team and to pigeonhole a player by saying they can't operate at international level doesn't really compute, as you see the same thing at domestic level as players move club and also as they go in and out of form. Also, Mount is better than, and will have a better career than, both Maddison and Ward-Prowse. Those two didn't even make the Euros squad, for a start.

1 hour ago, Holps said:

Oh dear..now you've gone too far! Did you actually watch the Champions League Final? Mount is our most important midfielder and that is in a squad with Kante, Jorghino (please stop diving J man) , Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz (future superstar) , Kovacic,im not including Drinkwater!

I know its become very fashionable to attack him but in the Euro's Southgate's absurdly defensive tactics meant he was isolated to a ridiculous level against every decent team and flogged his guts out for us anyway.  I love Mase...he plays the game with a fantastic attitude without a hint of arrogance and is a huge talent. Tuchel does not suffer players who he doesn't rate - ask Tammy.

Back to BG....Please don't break him! In a twisted way I would love to see him play against us and see if he can show Tuchel what a mistake he's made... I've never agreed with loan players not being able to play against their parent clubs. 

I did not watch the champions league final , but watched every England game at the euros and wasn't impressed , but as you've pointed out Southgates negative tactics probably didn't help him.