2 hours ago, lincsy88 said:

He did but thats irrelevant, if any owner tried to move and relocate a club it would be wrong regardless of who was the person to do it and the fact that MK got to stay in the football league while the phoenix club in AFC Wimbledon had to work their way back through the lower leagues is quite frankly disgraceful in my opinion. Im assuming by your responses youd be happy if we got moved a similar because it would be good for another community? 

I think for the existing fans in 2003 the club moving was wrong, from the owners point of view it might be the right decision.  Ultimately the person who buys the club makes the decisions, it is their business, they carry the losses and make profit when it goes well.  They will reflect are MK dons worth more now than if they stayed in Wimbledon - I suspect they are, therefore for the owners it was a good decision.  If you are a current fan (circa 9k) of MK Dons it was also a good decision, there are probably more of those now than would be at plough lane if the club was in league 1 (before they were promoted to the top division - 3k went to plough lane) although that point is contentious as AFC Wimbledon had around 4K attendances before Covid struck.

We are so lucky to have Delia and Michael.  Let’s hope our owners are always as well aligned to the majority of the fans.

OTBC

4 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

100% this, Ipswich to lose every single time, any dislike of any other football team I might have goes firmly out of the window when Ipswich are playing them! 

Absolutely this. 

12 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I think for the existing fans in 2003 the club moving was wrong, from the owners point of view it might be the right decision.  Ultimately the person who buys the club makes the decisions, it is their business, they carry the losses and make profit when it goes well.  They will reflect are MK dons worth more now than if they stayed in Wimbledon - I suspect they are, therefore for the owners it was a good decision.  If you are a current fan (circa 9k) of MK Dons it was also a good decision, there are probably more of those now than would be at plough lane if the club was in league 1 (before they were promoted to the top division - 3k went to plough lane) although that point is contentious as AFC Wimbledon had around 4K attendances before Covid struck.

We are so lucky to have Delia and Michael.  Let’s hope our owners are always as well aligned to the majority of the fans.

OTBC

MK Dons now have an all-seater stadium for 30, 500 (bigger than Carrow Road.)

Amusingly the biggest crowd they've had there was in 2015 (30, 048) for the Rugby World Cup game Fiji v. Uruguay

Perhaps Wimbledon RFC (also called the Dons) should consider moving to Milton Keynes as well. Now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Edited by BroadstairsR

If MK just renamed themselves “Kings” the the hatchet can be buried apparently. MK Kings. Or even Milton Keynes FC. There we’ve solved it …..

I’ve never had an issue with it 

As far as im concerned had Wimbledon stayed where they were it would’ve been another Bury FC 

the fact that dean lewington has played for them for 17 years tells you everything you need to know, it’s a well run club 

the biggest joke was the Phoenix club trying to take the honours of the existing team, laughable 

• Like 1

Unless Martin turns out to be a really exceptional manager I never want him or any other beloved ex player managing the club. I hated watching it all turn sour under Grant, Gunn and Adams, it's so much worse when it's a club legend involved. It is very, very rare that a manager doesn't leave a club on a sour note. I hope that unless Martin establishes himself in his own right as a really top manager that we don't just pluck him out of L1 when Farke goes out of sentimentality because it'll probably end in tears. 

15 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Unless Martin turns out to be a really exceptional manager I never want him or any other beloved ex player managing the club. I hated watching it all turn sour under Grant, Gunn and Adams, it's so much worse when it's a club legend involved. It is very, very rare that a manager doesn't leave a club on a sour note. I hope that unless Martin establishes himself in his own right as a really top manager that we don't just pluck him out of L1 when Farke goes out of sentimentality because it'll probably end in tears. 

That's very true, however Russel Martin always seemed destined to eventually become a manager from early days.

The other three you mentioned seemed to obtain the role by accident, particularly Gunn and Adams.

Grant thought he could manage and talked a good game apparently but proved better in a secondary coaching role.

Also, none of those three had had any previous experience in the role. Martin is gaining just that.

I would never rule him out at NCFC, but it depends upon a lot of proving to be done.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Not related except for the fact that it is about a.n. other football club facing going to the wall:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/16/no-manager-not-enough-players-how-swindon-town-were-left-to-fall-apart?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

And yes. It is the same Lee Power of NCFC fame. 

How many more skint clubs will post-pandemic throw up?

Should Swindon relocate to Basildon New Town now? 😉

Hardly wise as its a West Ham stronghold going back generations.