Sign in to follow this  

I think our first game is against Kings Lynn but I would not want to draw many conclusions about our future trajectory from it 

Always good fun, but we all know that preseason gives almost no indication to how a season will play out, I’m sure they will be competitive this season but it’s a hell of a tough league to get out of. 

As an environmentally focussed club Forest Green Rovers love playing at Poorman Road. The sight of a tree growing from a stan roof warms the cockles of their hearts. Just as FGR name their home ground The Lawn so they might suggest Poorman Riad be renamed The Ploughed Field.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

I think our first game is against Kings Lynn but I would not want to draw many conclusions about our future trajectory from it 

Indeed. Much as it's fun to laugh at the Binners think we should keep our mouths shut until we have played all our pre season friendlies to prevent some egg from being thrown in our face

God knows pre season always throws out strange results- West ham just drew to Dundee for example

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

54 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Always good fun, but we all know that preseason gives almost no indication to how a season will play out, I’m sure they will be competitive this season but it’s a hell of a tough league to get out of. 

Lets just hope we find our league tough to get out of!!! 

• Like 1

Oh dear, I think you will find it was our U23's that played at Bury Town, but don't let the facts get in the way.

As we all know Pre-season results are really important though so everybody at ITFC is totally gutted about not beating them.

2 hours ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Not seen it posted anywhere but the Binners got off to a solid start last night. A tight 1-1 game against Bury Town. Really good to see a team destined for the PL in 2 years time giving Bury a chance to play a massive club. 

To be fair they murdered Dartford 1-0 at Princes Park on Saturday so that's consecutive undefeated games against two of football's giants.

Let the good times roll.....😉

From a NCFC perspective pre season friendlies are normally about who gets injured.

I"m always glad when they are over.

36 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Oh dear, I think you will find it was our U23's that played at Bury Town, but don't let the facts get in the way.

As we all know Pre-season results are really important though so everybody at ITFC is totally gutted about not beating them.

I think you’ll go ok this season. Have some luck with injuries and good transfer business could see Ipswich finishing top 14. 

39 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Dont worry buddy, I'm sure you will have a good season and enjoy your time at Morecambe away, the joys of Accrington Stanley and cruise to a comfortable 16th place finish 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

46 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Thoughts on losing Gibbs from your academy, chap? Must be tough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Thoughts on losing Gibbs from your academy, chap? Must be tough. 

Not overly fussed to be honest, would rather he had stayed or gone anywhere else other than NCFC but it is what it is. He made one first team start last season and didn't look anywhere near ready although playing with the crap around him has to be taken into consideration. Where we are at currently we need 1st team ready players to get us out of the hellhole that is league One so his opportunities would have been limited.

I know he is highly rated though and will probably only get better and I have to admit your youth set up and coaching is superior so will give him the best chance.  It could be one we come to regret or he may fall by the wayside. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, BlueHope76 said:

Not overly fussed to be honest, would rather he had stayed or gone anywhere else other than NCFC but it is what it is. He made one first team start last season and didn't look anywhere near ready although playing with the crap around him has to be taken into consideration. Where we are at currently we need 1st team ready players to get us out of the hellhole that is league One so his opportunities would have been limited.

I know he is highly rated though and will probably only get better and I have to admit your youth set up and coaching is superior so will give him the best chance.  It could be one we come to regret or he may fall by the wayside. Time will tell. 

Fair enough 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

We are premier league they are a lower league club I don’t understand the fascination any more we are so far ahead of them that it’s not even a proper rivalry any more 

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

We are premier league they are a lower league club I don’t understand the fascination any more we are so far ahead of them that it’s not even a proper rivalry any more 

And we lived happily ever after.

The End

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Yeah, aren't people weird? Apparently there's this Norwich fan who has a fascination with Todd Cantwell and thinks he's rubbish 🤨

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Spot on. Any youngster looking ahead will want to be where they are likely to be developed and within the Norwich academy system, they have a golden seam of players continually emerging through great coaching and infrastructure.

It's clearly nothing personal against his first club but I suspect a few half wits will see it that way. 

He will be very pleased with the move, of that I have no doubt