Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

So, where is Squit's honest assessment of how he thinks the season is going??

We seem to wait in vain for a reply.... [8-)]

Kathy Blake''s brilliantly well-argued Fans'' Forum piece seems to have done for him.  I''m not surprised. She was spot on. 

I guess he''s realised he''s up squit creek without a paddle.... [;)]

To be fair to squit he did give us his opinions:

I don''t recall seeing Mooks post but I''ll gladly answer the questions.

I wonder if you would be brave enough to post an honest assessment of how you think the season is going, how you are finding Nigel Worthington''s tactics, coaching, purchases and man-management, and how you feel about the performances against Ipswich, Reading, QPR, Preston, Derby, Luton etc etc?

This season has not panned out how any of us would''ve liked, tactically the manager is making descisions on what he''s got to use on the day, these haven''t always worked but then no manager gets it right all the time. I''ve not seen the manager at Colney coaching the players so I can''t comment on that. Some of this seasons purchases, through injury, have not been able to shine but no manager deliberately goes out and buys bad players. I have no experience of his man mangement so I can''t comment. The performances this season against the teams you have mentioned have been poor but when your squad is so disrupted and the players cannot gel this is not surprising, to be fair to the manager there have been good performances this season aswell.

I am interested to see how someone who clearly doesn''t suffer from those awful bouts of "emotion" judges things to be at Fortress Carrow these days.

I think you find that I said let emotions get the better of you, that is something totally different, Carrow Rd is getting the same reputation as Molyneux, if things don''t go right within the first 10 minutes then the crowd seem to turn on the players, I find this very sad.

I am honestly interested in your answer, and your possible solutions. You are very good at pointing out other''s views as knee-jerk, but what do you actually think of the situation?

I''ll have to assume what you mean by ''the situation'' but if you mean the managers position I believe he''s earnt the time the board are giving him.

Hope this helps, I know some of you think its just following the ''party line'' but what you''re going to have to learn to appreciate is that there is an alternative to your views, I''m not someone who works for the club, I never post on here as someone else and I''m going to challenge what I believe are unsubstantiated posts.

Squat/Dicky

[quote user="Oso Butch"]

Kathy Blake''s brilliantly well-argued Fans'' Forum piece seems to have done for him.  I''m not surprised. She was spot on. 

[/quote]

You people are queueing up to prove my point.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Oso Butch"]

[/quote]

You people are queueing up to prove my point.

[/quote]

Which point was that squit?? The one about Nigel Worthington being unable to win football matches for Norwich City Football Club anymore?

Ah and there was me thinking that it was the 10 blokes in yellow and the chap with the gloves on who had something to do with whthre Norwich City won or lost football matches.

Examine the team from saturday....

doherty, safri and mcveigh - who nobody minds being picked and everyone thinks are sooooo good. don''t start with macca and being played out of position.  he has played as many games for norwich out wide as he has at centre forward.  He has hardly being asked to play left back is he?

green, drury and fleming - proven at this level, maybe not at a higher one though. 60% of the best back 5 in the division two years ago.

earnshaw and JJ - can both score goals at a higher level.  better than most of the attackers in this league.

hughes - he does appear rubbish and you all hate him, but somehow he managed to con Reading into starting him in 160 league games over the last 4 seasons.

rehman - played well.

etuhu - rubbish at present. but no one would have complained had we signed him in July as a damo replacement.

robinson - 300 games at at least this level, 20 caps for Wales.

Huckerby - better than sliced bread, can turn a game, yadda yadda.

Shackell - anywhere between Bobby Moore and Demi Moore, depending on who you speak to and what day it is.

I am not knocking the majority of the arguments against Worthy still being here - because i can''t.

BUT DON''T FORGET THERE ARE PROBABLY 20 PLAYERS WHO HAVE UNDERPERFORMED IN YELLOW THIS YEAR.

Queue argument about managers motivation versus professional pride and crossing the white line and all that nonsense.

Player of the season - Greeno...because he has done the least wrong in a yellow shirt. (geddit?)

So you turn up to work every day and unless your boss says something you underperform.

You don''t have any sense of personal pride or self esteem that gets you through those pesky tasks.  You would think if 25,000 people came to watch you at your job you might try harder just so you didn''t like a complete numpty.

What is even worse in this argument is that football is a reactionary game - players react to what happens in front of them, natural ability and instinct take over in the heat of the footballing battle.

Every player has hugely underperformed this season.  Safri will get player of the season even though he has only played half the games and has only crossed the halfway line on a handful of occasions.

[quote user="Nobby G"]

So you turn up to work every day and unless your boss says something you underperform.

You don''t have any sense of personal pride or self esteem that gets you through those pesky tasks.  You would think if 25,000 people came to watch you at your job you might try harder just so you didn''t like a complete numpty.

What is even worse in this argument is that football is a reactionary game - players react to what happens in front of them, natural ability and instinct take over in the heat of the footballing battle.

Every player has hugely underperformed this season.  Safri will get player of the season even though he has only played half the games and has only crossed the halfway line on a handful of occasions.

[/quote]

but if you dont like your boss?!?!?!? In football if you are down on confidence the boss is there to get the best out of you.  Its no surprise a great man manager like martin o''neil gets so much more from players than say Graeme Souness.

Saffers is a defensive midfielder at heart.

[quote user="Oso Butch"]

[/quote]

Do I have to wait in vain or will Oso Butch tell me he''s Oso Sorry.

Yes - SORRY Squit - but only that I missed your post. But not for anything else.  Let''s just look at what you said:

This season has not panned out how any of us would''ve liked, - a masterful understatement!  Basically, a lot of us have had enough and want change.

tactically the manager is making descisions on what he''s got to use on the day, - he had as near a full choice of players last Sunday as he''s ever likely to get (85/90% brought in by him).  Didn''t exactly turn up for him (or us) did they?  Most of them don''t seem to know what''s expected of them. The common denominator here?  Worthless.

these haven''t always worked but then no manager gets it right all the time - another masterful understatement!  So, moving swiftly on...

. I''ve not seen the manager at Colney coaching the players so I can''t comment on that.  Me neither - I just go by what I see on the pitch - because points mean prizes... and no points means relegation!

Some of this seasons purchases, through injury, have not been able to shine but no manager deliberately goes out and buys bad players. Agreed - but some managers are clearly better than others at getting it more right than wrong.  Unfortunately, W''s overall track record is - let''s say - "modest".

I have no experience of his man mangement so I can''t comment. Me neither - again, I just go by what I see on the pitch. For example, last Sunday, W was bauling his head off at WLY, who appeared to ignore him completely. Spoke volumes to me about what weight WLY (and probably others) puts on W''s ''advice'' from the touchline...especially when he''s being played out of position, again...  

The performances this season against the teams you have mentioned have been poor but when your squad is so disrupted and the players cannot gel this is not surprising, - I won''t repeat the Won/Lost/Drawn statistics but, whether you look at this season alone or couple it with last season''s stats, almost any other manager would have been long since gone. And whilst Reading may have some luck with injuries, I can''t imagine we''re the only team which has had a bad run. Without seeing the detail, I attach as much credence to the "80+ injuries" quote as I did to the "I''ve got a scan of Ashton''s groin".

to be fair to the manager there have been good performances this season as well. - Agreed, but only in patches - rarely sustained. And an objective assessment of the 5 in a row last December would conclude that we only just squeezed home in a couple of cases.  If we''d only got 9 or 10 points instead of 15, we''d definitely be up squit creek by now.

[quote user="Oso Butch"]

Yes - SORRY Squit - but only that I missed your post. But not for anything else.  Let''s just look at what you said:

This season has not panned out how any of us would''ve liked, - a masterful understatement!  Basically, a lot of us have had enough and want change.

tactically the manager is making descisions on what he''s got to use on the day, - he had as near a full choice of players last Sunday as he''s ever likely to get (85/90% brought in by him).  Didn''t exactly turn up for him (or us) did they?  Most of them don''t seem to know what''s expected of them. The common denominator here?  Worthless.

these haven''t always worked but then no manager gets it right all the time - another masterful understatement!  So, moving swiftly on...

. I''ve not seen the manager at Colney coaching the players so I can''t comment on that.  Me neither - I just go by what I see on the pitch - because points mean prizes... and no points means relegation!

Some of this seasons purchases, through injury, have not been able to shine but no manager deliberately goes out and buys bad players. Agreed - but some managers are clearly better than others at getting it more right than wrong.  Unfortunately, W''s overall track record is - let''s say - "modest".

I have no experience of his man mangement so I can''t comment. Me neither - again, I just go by what I see on the pitch. For example, last Sunday, W was bauling his head off at WLY, who appeared to ignore him completely. Spoke volumes to me about what weight WLY (and probably others) puts on W''s ''advice'' from the touchline...especially when he''s being played out of position, again...  

The performances this season against the teams you have mentioned have been poor but when your squad is so disrupted and the players cannot gel this is not surprising, - I won''t repeat the Won/Lost/Drawn statistics but, whether you look at this season alone or couple it with last season''s stats, almost any other manager would have been long since gone. And whilst Reading may have some luck with injuries, I can''t imagine we''re the only team which has had a bad run. Without seeing the detail, I attach as much credence to the "80+ injuries" quote as I did to the "I''ve got a scan of Ashton''s groin".

to be fair to the manager there have been good performances this season as well. - Agreed, but only in patches - rarely sustained. And an objective assessment of the 5 in a row last December would conclude that we only just squeezed home in a couple of cases.  If we''d only got 9 or 10 points instead of 15, we''d definitely be up squit creek by now.

[/quote]

So generally you agree with most of my comments, thats comforting, thank you.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Oso Butch"]

[/quote]

So generally you agree with most of my comments, thats comforting, thank you.

[/quote]

Dear, dear Squit:

Let me try and help you.  Although non-specific concepts of madness have been around for several thousand years, it was the psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers who first defined the main criteria for delusions in his book "General Psychopathology". These were:

• certainty (views held with absolute conviction, despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary)
  • incorrigibility (a state of mind not capable of being changed even by compelling counter-argument or facts)
  • impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre or patently untrue, but believed and asserted, nevertheless)

No - on second thoughts - I don''t think I can help you. But I know some nice people who can. They''ll be round to see you shortly. They''ll be in white coats, so instantly recognisable!