He was being polite I suspect. Very much a small club, with some cash behind them

• Like 1

As long as he's playing regular first team football it's a good move for him to aid his development

• Like 7

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Bigger than you know who down the road

True, but then again, so are Craggy Island's All Priests Over 75s Five-a-Side team

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JB said:

He was being polite I suspect. Very much a small club, with some cash behind them

I still remember when they tried the whole 'stonking rich owners and spunking huge ammounts of money they did not have on silly fees and wages' thing

Wonder how that ended? ... Oh. Nobody tell Uncle Fred

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

This is another one of those something of nothing posts.

When any player signs for any club they all say something along these lines. "Great club", "big club", "massive club", "club with a great history".

I really, really, really want a player to completely throw everyone and say "Ok folks, going to be totally honest innit. I signed because the chairman offered me so much wonga I couldn't turn it down. I hadn't heard of QPR - Queens Power Rangers before, but hell, for that sort of money I'll get it tattooed on me thigh!"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

When any player signs for any club they all say something along these lines. "Great club", "big club", "massive club", "club with a great history".

I really, really, really want a player to completely throw everyone and say "Ok folks, going to be totally honest innit. I signed because the chairman offered me so much wonga I couldn't turn it down. I hadn't heard of QPR - Queens Power Rangers before, but hell, for that sort of money I'll get it tattooed on me thigh!"

Never forget the time Hazard played against the famous Strawberry Town

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Its a massive club for somebody who is 20 and trying to make their way in the game I'd argue.

When looking at the 92 + 24 in National League Premier, they are clearly a top third or maybe top quarter club in English football? 

43 minutes ago, chicken said:

I thought you were talking about the OP! 

• Haha 1

Massive club in all but league position 

they will be contenders next season for sure 

20 years old and still being loaned out ? Would he have stayed if we were still in the Championship? Will he ever make it ? 
There’s a few more threads there I reckon CC? 

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

20 years old and still being loaned out ? Would he have stayed if we were still in the Championship? Will he ever make it ? 
There’s a few more threads there I reckon CC? 

Stay on topic buddy 😉

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

20 years old and still being loaned out ? 

Doesn't necessarily mean much, as two of England's five full backs at the Euros were still on loan in the Championship when they were 20 or beyond, as were others such as Mount and White (he was in League Two at 20, in fact). Plus a few others were contracted to Championship clubs in their early 20s, like Maguire, Mings, Grealish and Phillips.

Did you hear Billy Gilmour who is 20 already was just loaned from Chelsea to some upstart club and said polite things about it. Somebody should make a thread and laugh at him and that club...Narwick Village was it?

Edited by Upo

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I still remember when they tried the whole 'stonking rich owners and spunking huge ammounts of money they did not have on silly fees and wages' thing

Wonder how that ended? ... Oh. Nobody tell Uncle Fred

In terms of owners - they were the richest club on the planet - a strange fact.

In terms of owners giving them cash... not so much..

In one of those 'Player X's First Day' videos that the club put out there's one where (can't remember which player it is) the media guy is giving the player a line by line statement that the player is repeating into the camera.

I wouldn't worry too much about what a player says when they sign, it's a very stage managed process.   

They're massively ****e. Wouldve rather seen him back at Coventry 

Edited by Ward 3

2 members of my family both support QPR, due to being born in the area, so I do follow them. 

They had a decent run towards the end of last season. Something was building there. Not sure of their commings and going this season, but if they have kept most players they could be sniffing about the play off places or there abouts. 

The interesting thing for me is how much of his fee have we now made back in loan fees? Plus his wages couldn't be huge.

2 hours ago, chicken said:

The interesting thing for me is how much of his fee have we now made back in loan fees? Plus his wages couldn't be huge.

Those things ticking away in the background is one of the things we do well. The idea of a loans manager seemed a bit ott at the time, I dont think that anymore. Anyone got any details of the finances that are put through the loans  manager....does he make us money , or minimise losses? Genuinely interested if anybody knows.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Those things ticking away in the background is one of the things we do well. The idea of a loans manager seemed a bit ott at the time, I dont think that anymore. Anyone got any details of the finances that are put through the loans  manager....does he make us money , or minimise losses? Genuinely interested if anybody knows.

The fact that its Neil Adams also helps.

History of success with youth players.

Always a decent man.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The fact that its Neil Adams also helps.

History of success with youth players.

Always a decent man.

Agree. Liked him as a player, felt for him as a manager and glad hes still working at the Club.