unique

Pierre Lees Melou

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

We've stolen him from under Crystal Palace's nose apparently. 11th hour. He was in England about to have a medical with them and did a u-turn after we assured him more game time due to his versitility.

Where did you see this?

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

We've stolen him from under Crystal Palace's nose apparently. 11th hour. He was in England about to have a medical with them and did a u-turn after we assured him more game time due to his versitility.

That doesn't make sense as there was a direct flight from Nice to Norwich which he was presumably on. They might have been in discussions with him, but the evidence suggests he came straight to Norwich from his home in Nice.

Yeah no evidence we stole him from Palace, probably just lazy journalism to join the dots between him and his former manager...

General dismay on OGC Nice threads this morning after his departure from the Côte d’Azur. They are very critical supporters so to earn their respect Pierre has done well. 95% are sorry to see him go citing his incredible improvement over the 4 years he was at the club! Not sure what Ineos are doing at Nice but fans hoping for a marquis signing after his departure 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

It's a decent sign when a previous coach wants to resign him. Certainly provides a good character reference.

A lot of debate on here about what position he plays but the official site repeatedly refers to him as an attacking midfielder who can also play in other midfield positions. Sure he plays a lot of the box to box stuff but then Buendia did that too to be fair, and he was never an 8. Essentially it boils down to where Farke see’s him playing in our side. Not identical to Stiepermann but there’s some similarities there, and my feeling is that we see Pierre as Marco’s more mobile replacement I.e upgrade. Could be a very shrewd signing, but I hope everyone is actually reasonable with this one and gives him a chance to find his feet in a new league, country etc.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

That'll teach Whatsisname who left our recruitment team with a massive void to fill to go to Crystal Palace. 😀

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I hope everyone is actually reasonable with this one and gives him a chance to find his feet in a new league, country etc.

Are you sure you're a Norwich fan... 😉 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

A lot of debate on here about what position he plays but the official site repeatedly refers to him as an attacking midfielder who can also play in other midfield positions. Sure he plays a lot of the box to box stuff but then Buendia did that too to be fair, and he was never an 8. Essentially it boils down to where Farke see’s him playing in our side. Not identical to Stiepermann but there’s some similarities there, and my feeling is that we see Pierre as Marco’s more mobile replacement I.e upgrade. Could be a very shrewd signing, but I hope everyone is actually reasonable with this one and gives him a chance to find his feet in a new league, country etc.

Indeed, much as we all gave Ruup slack when he first joined us, with him playing rather shaky and nervous, after a while he settled here and has always been solid and reliable since.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed. I've been saying this a fair bit. Highlight reels don't just show you their best bits, but also the positions they like to get into. Much of it reminded me of Stiepermann. He has that height and nuisance style approach about him. The fact he can also play other positions will only help us if we decide to change shape for any reason.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doesn't seem to score many goals for an attacking midfielder, so hope at least he creates a lot of chances.

We'll take a bunch of assists 😉

Seems a good signing Central defender & some decent competition for Pukki and we are all good to go.

All changes if Aarons goes but presumably that would give us more scope for strengthening.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Seems a good signing Central defender & some decent competition for Pukki and we are all good to go.

All changes if Aarons goes but presumably that would give us more scope for strengthening.

Kenny agreed, but I would like a true combatative central midfielder to come in and as mentioned Rashica fits the hole from buendia as a wide player. You could argue another wide player but if onel and placheta come back with guns blazing then that is brilliant.

Sorenson, rupp, McLean, PLM, Gilmour would seem enough in numbers but I feel every season we have needed that more dominant midfielder, maybe in the current mix one player will raise their game to where it needs to be.

But key positions of centre half and striker are needed, the workload Pukki has and will carry if we do not, may be one of the keys to our staying in the Premier league.

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Cheap and never heard of him. How about signing a midfielder with premier league experience who isn’t a gamble? 

Every signing is a gamble for every club, regardless of price. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Careful now! Bethnal is the forums authority on what positions players play and will be along shortly to put you in your place. 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Was that badge nicked from this forum?

Screenshot_20210713-122219.png

Hold up that badge is my old profile picture! 😳

But if you must know it's an ancient image, been around years. Made by some fan

Well, I think this could be one of those solid players who can put a shift in, we need a consistent 7.5 a week in the top flight style player. Perhaps not the flashy winger or striker but it looks like he’s a serious runner in matches and likes a shot from outside the box. Hopefully a hybrid of McCleans work rate with Vrancic’s shooting from the 18/19 season.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Was it France where they had the TV deal collapse?

Yeah it was. 

Right french midfield lovely and all that. But I am getting more and more concerned that a striker is not seriously appearing on the radar. 

if we are to have any hope of survival we need another to pitch in with a handful of goals when Pukki is subbed ect. Not talking about a 25 goal a season man just someone capable at this level. Which are other 2 are frankly not!

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Right french midfield lovely and all that. But I am getting more and more concerned that a striker is not seriously appearing on the radar. 

if we are to have any hope of survival we need another to pitch in with a handful of goals when Pukki is subbed ect. Not talking about a 25 goal a season man just someone capable at this level. Which are other 2 are frankly not!

Neither of the midfielders we signed was seriously appearing on the radar before we signed them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Strikers and CBs are notoriously the most difficult position to sign quality players for. Certainly the most expensive, potentially. And with the Euros having just finished there's not much been going on in that area across the board. 

I wouldn't worry yet, in Webber and Farke we trust. Could see one of them being a loan, but needs to be at least equal to the options we already have there. Don't really fancy another Patrick Roberts type yoof with potential as we've already got that in Idah and Omabamadele. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Neither of the midfielders we signed was seriously appearing on the radar before we signed them. 

No I agree but we really need a striker. I’d have thought a good thing would be to have this in place by now. Time is ticking away. 

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Cheap because the **** has fallen out of the French market, although why I'm trying to explain to an obvious troll who clearly doesn't even support Norwich is anyone's guess 🤷‍♂️

For someone who doesn't even support Norwich but attends almost every game Waveney keeps it well hidden 🙂

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Only people who hadn't heard about Gilmour are cave dwellers.

22 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

We only knew about this signing yesterday. We only knew about Rashica on the day. It's illogical to get 'more and more concerned' when signings dont typically happen in order of importance, anyway.

Anyone know if he’s going to be able to get on for some time on Friday at Lynn? If he’s been in a bubble is he exempt from the normal restrictions?

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only people who hadn't heard about Gilmour are cave dwellers.

I assumed he meant Rashica and Melou.

The point is a good one, just because certain positions aren't being talked about doesn't mean the pipeline is empty.

• Like 1