Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

dreaded vote of confidence?

mumby''s support of nigel has to be the dreaded vote of confidence hasn''t it?  if its not, then mumby and the board have seriously misjudged the mood of the city fans.if we lose away to hull, who are fighting for their lives, and give another poor performance at home to relegation haunted brighton, in my opinion mumby will swing the axe.

if enough people are willing to protest he will be gone, thats all it will take. The first protest was small, how many will come next time??? me!!  finally eh squit [;)]  anyway i think i will print out a shed load of worthy out posters at work as well...  and ill take a bit a kitchen roll not that i see too many people doing this how do you get the word out??- maybe we need to take a whole roll to distribute

To be honest, I don''t know what would lead to the ''dreaded'' vote of confidence at Carrow Road anymore...

How bad do the results and performances have to get?

What is the benchmark these days?

We''ve already done-( I reckon-but please correct me)..., lose at home to bottom club, lose 5 in a row, lose 4 straight at home, lose to your local rivals at home, lose your star striker, refuse to even talk to team in dressing room after an away defeat, admit in interview you ''don''t know'' how to turn it around, patch up side with 8(?) loan signings because all of your summer signings turn out to be failures, oh yeah, and admit after one game that you don''t care what fans think anyway...

Still, infinite patience eh? That long high ball to McVeigh might just come good soon...Maybe Andy Hughes will discover how to pass the ball in a straight line...and Dixon might make a tackle...

[quote user="Beno27"]

come on hull and brighton!

i really dont care if we lose them, i want him gone!

[/quote] How can you say you don''t care if we lose them??? What happens if we lose them, Worthy doesn''t get sacked and then we end up relegated??? I want Worthy out but there is no way I would ever want us to lose or say I didn''t care about us losing!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]if enough people are willing to protest he will be gone, thats all it will take. The first protest was small, how many will come next time??? me!!  finally eh squit [;)]  anyway i think i will print out a shed load of worthy out posters at work as well...  and ill take a bit a kitchen roll not that i see too many people doing this how do you get the word out??- maybe we need to take a whole roll to distribute[/quote]

Exactly its THAT SIMPLE.

If enough people stand up and shout "Worthy Out" he is gone.

I''m actually disgusted!!! Firstly one of you isnt bothered about our team loosing and infact wants them to so that the manager can go!The others want to try and convince people that he should go too.Let people make up their own minds and don''t call yourselves fans if supporting is something you are not prepared to do.If the manager has a bad season and it is deemed that is bad enough for him to go then so be it. But I would not want our team to be beaten under any circumstances. I couldn''t give a damn who is or isn''t in charge this team needs to win - right now that is more important than trying to disrupt the team more than it already is.Like Neil Adams said after the match - the guys in the changing rooms would have heard that - lets see what their reaction is.Ashton said before christmas that it is as much down to the players as it is the manager. There is no point changing managers now and if you want Worthington gone, wait untill the summer when the protests will be heard all the more louder and when it wont effect what is going on on the pitch.At that point I may well join you otherwise I think you will be looking at 150 supporters and we all know that the EDP likes to make things bigger and brighter than they are!

Well said Chicken, good to see you posting again but not often enough for my liking.

Whatever my opinion on Worthington I do not want us lose and if he stays and turns things around I will be quite happy to say I was wrong. 

"Ashton said before christmas that it is as much down to the players as it is the manager. There is no point changing managers now and if you want Worthington gone, wait untill the summer when the protests will be heard all the more louder and when it wont effect what is going on on the pitch."

which players??  the ones worthy has signed who are currently playing very poorly.....

Ok you want me to go to war - I will!People have been ranting on about Safri, sure he has been one of our more consistant performers but he wasnt up to it on Sunday was he? And its not the first time this season that he has played and not given the consistancy we are used to from him.Huckerby at the moment is exactly the same. Have these players got worse? No, the new players are taking time getting to terms with the way that they play.Some of the Worthy outers simply are not putting in strong enough cases for Worthington to go. To me the situation is quite clear.Tactically Worthington has actually been adventurous this season by playing a 4-3-3 after some people have said that he wasnt attack minded enough. We had our best spell with that formation.Then it started to fall apart again - especialy when January came and the players knew that Ashton would probably go. You know things like that when working with people it wont have been that hidden behind the scenes at the club in the sense that people would have known that he was prepared to move just not nessisarily know where.After that Worthington has had to try and keep the tactics simple to try and encourage the team to gel and settle. Again injuries have created a problem in a couple of areas of the pitch such as right back.Now he can try all sorts of things like making drastic changes which I think he will start to do at the end of the season, and give some of the younger players more of a run. I would like to see Henderson given a proper run out and maybe a chance up front. Also Jarvis - I know he has been injured recently but I really do think with Thorne as his master he can grow to be a good striker.I think Rossi has the passion too.I really do think Etuhu will come good, believe me once he has got pre-season behind him I think you will see a drastic change. Look at Docherty.I think it is fair to say that on the whole the players signed at the beggining of pre season have always played better come the season proper - Francis is a good example. They have more time to bed in when the squad is more relaxed and under less pressure and not building up to anything.In a way I feel sorry for Robinson and Etuhu because they have come in with the fans expectancy of making us championship winners instantly.

sorry chicken, you''re swimming against a huge tide of opinion.  generally when teams underperform as consistently as city are, a new manager is required with fresh ideas and thinking.  city''s squad is full of very experinced, well travelled, quality pro''s. for them to play as poorly as they did against ipswich, and at many games this season, suggests there are serious, deep problems.  this isn''t a re-building blip after relegation, all season the team have underperformed horribly. on paper we should be top 3 and winning matches - in reality we are losing and badly, with worringly dire performances that smack of poor player morale.   more often than not, away games have been very one-sided with the game virtually over by half-time.  this poor form has now landed at the home games, culminating with a ghastly derby performance, where a relatively inexperienced ipswich side played us off the park.  where was the players fightback after ipswich winning goal? the same place as the crowd''s response - nowhere.  it doesn''t get much worse than sunday.  it can be argued worthy is a victim of his own success, because he has proved he can get average players to perform above their level of ability.  as the better players have come in over the last 2 seasons, worthy has struggled. he struggled to gel the quality players he signed for the prem season into the team - and was virtually forced to pick the likes of helveg, shacks and safri after the heavy arsenal defeat last season.  this year, a team of decent pro''s have underperformed and worthy only looks capable of getting the worst out of them.  it doesn''t look like he has much of an idea how to turn it around either.  in my opinion, we need a manager who is used to working with quality players and knows how to get the best out of them.  worthy should go now, to enable a fresh man to work with the players, see who he wants and who he doesn''t, and get the team ready and set to hit the ground running early next season.  we''ve only got 1 year left of the parachute money - so we need to get back up next year.  nobody could anticipate what a season we''ve had, and the fans have been very much behind the team - although its getting noticeably quiet at carra rd these days.  if simple encouragement was all it would take, city would not be were they are now thats for sure. its time to face facts and move decisively to ensure city can move upto the next level where we belong. 

[quote user="chicken"]Ok you want me to go to war - I will!People have been ranting on about Safri, sure he has been one of our more consistant performers but he wasnt up to it on Sunday was he? And its not the first time this season that he has played and not given the consistancy we are used to from him.Huckerby at the moment is exactly the same. Have these players got worse? No, the new players are taking time getting to terms with the way that they play.Some of the Worthy outers simply are not putting in strong enough cases for Worthington to go. To me the situation is quite clear.Tactically Worthington has actually been adventurous this season by playing a 4-3-3 after some people have said that he wasnt attack minded enough. We had our best spell with that formation.Then it started to fall apart again - especialy when January came and the players knew that Ashton would probably go. You know things like that when working with people it wont have been that hidden behind the scenes at the club in the sense that people would have known that he was prepared to move just not nessisarily know where.After that Worthington has had to try and keep the tactics simple to try and encourage the team to gel and settle. Again injuries have created a problem in a couple of areas of the pitch such as right back.Now he can try all sorts of things like making drastic changes which I think he will start to do at the end of the season, and give some of the younger players more of a run. I would like to see Henderson given a proper run out and maybe a chance up front. Also Jarvis - I know he has been injured recently but I really do think with Thorne as his master he can grow to be a good striker.I think Rossi has the passion too.I really do think Etuhu will come good, believe me once he has got pre-season behind him I think you will see a drastic change. Look at Docherty.I think it is fair to say that on the whole the players signed at the beggining of pre season have always played better come the season proper - Francis is a good example. They have more time to bed in when the squad is more relaxed and under less pressure and not building up to anything.In a way I feel sorry for Robinson and Etuhu because they have come in with the fans expectancy of making us championship winners instantly.[/quote]

the 433 fell apart as soon as safri left the team, anyway we have no right winger so cant play 442!!!! many posters have been advocating play 442 when safri was not fit.

we had a near full first team available for the ipswich match, with midfielders whom have played together for most of the season and we were awful. in fact we are far WORSE now than we were at the st\art of the season. thats right we are getting worse!!!!

if dickson etuhu even LOOKED like he was trying he wouldnt get as much stick. as is he is lazy and crap. as for a pre season - he played 17 games for preston before he arrived for gods sake!!!! not all starts of course.