28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

*The whole kit is dreadful looks ike my toddler made it

The problem with the old spelling and grammar put down is you have to be bang on with your own spelling and grammar. And as usual for you, Cambridge, you've done a half arsed job.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I have a slight concern that there's too much green on the sleeves, but hopefully it will not rank with those other EPL kits where there was too much green on the main body and we got relegated.  So hopefully that curse is avoided.

The Lotus logo does looks cheap, but am reminded the Aviva ones were always like that.  It is a shame its not a moulded one like when Lotus were last sponsors.  

The JD logo is very cheap, but that's in keeping with the brand.

The Joma logo looks like it will fall off after a couple of warm washes.

Indeed, as I have said feel like it would look better all yellow. The green on it just looks.. odd. That and much as I'm happy about Lotus the sponser looks like a cheap sticker, and no clue what the black circle around it is that ruins it.

At least Dafabet had the decent idea to make their sponser blend into the kit well

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I did warn everyone Joma was awful and everyone told me to shut up 'They uh make some euro kits and 9th tier bolvia kits so they will make us a good kit'

I warned you, I warned all of you

If you read the quotes about Joma, they said that the club would retain full control of the design process etc - Joma just make it

I like it. And let's be honest, @cambridgeshire canary had his reaction pre-written before he even saw the kit given his oft-mentioned bizarre hatred of Joma.

Running a kids football team, I've seen plenty of different brands for football kit and Joma is always up there. To be honest, I'd say it's second only to Hummel in the feel of the quality. Nike, Adidas, Puma and the big brands are all awful. Errea is ok but often has loose threads coming out of the seams and that sort of thing.

I don't love it, and it doesn't beat that fake photoshop one that did the rounds the other week, but I like it. And kits tend to grow on me in that one's I initially hate when I see them I end up liking. So only liking it at this stage probably means I will grow to love it.

• Like 2

Quite like that, except the badgework and the finish on the sponsorship logos. As far as I'm concerned our badge should be stitched. It's interesting without being too busy and whilst the shade of green is a hint lighter I think it works very well with that yellow tone.

I always wonder why sponsor logos and such cannot be screen-printed onto more breathable fabrics when it comes to football kits. Have a Spreewald Marathon T-shirt from 2014 which has been hammered over the years but all event logos and colours are printed into the fabric. Still bright even now. Then a more plastic affair with the Torshavn Marathon T-shirt, or indeed my Stockholm half-marathon T-shirt, and it's peeling.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I like it. And let's be honest, @cambridgeshire canary had his reaction pre-written before he even saw the kit given his oft-mentioned bizarre hatred of Joma.

Running a kids football team, I've seen plenty of different brands for football kit and Joma is always up there. To be honest, I'd say it's second only to Hummel in the feel of the quality. Nike, Adidas, Puma and the big brands are all awful. Errea is ok but often has loose threads coming out of the seams and that sort of thing.

I don't love it, and it doesn't beat that fake photoshop one that did the rounds the other week, but I like it. And kits tend to grow on me in that one's I initially hate when I see them I end up liking. So only liking it at this stage probably means I will grow to love it.

To be honest it's always been amusing how photoshop kits from random people that they make in an hour or two always end up looking much better than kits that professional designers have spent months making.

And besides, I don't hate this kit. If anything I just don't think it's good. I don't think it's awful, or poor.. Just... meh. I feel it could have been much better, that's all.

Daft JD logo aside, I really like the design. I'm a fan. Different from the usual dull rubbish from so-called big brands.

I'm also really enjoying how Cambridge just cannot let it go and continues to bleat on about it to ensure everyone knows.

Just a cheeky little bonus for me.

The shoulders look a bit weird front on but in general I like it. The lotus logo is so much less intrusive than other sponsors too, going back as far as Aviva and the horrible blue box. 

Having said I wouldn't buy one with a betting company on it, I'll buy one this year regardless. Will probably wait for the away and 3rd kits before deciding which one I like best though.

26 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Pretty good effort, all in all. Probably better without the green on the collarbone area, but it's better than our recent Premier League kit efforts.

Pretty much my thought - not mad on the collarbone bit but the rest is fine and I like the ‘weave’ pattern, you could clearly see the fabric had that from the taster vid.   Fact is, some people were going to dislike it regardless, just because, so their views can be largely ignored.  

• Like 1

I don't hate it, I don't love it it's just ok but this maybe a kit that grows on me and you never know depending on how we do this season, then the kit could be a classic.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And besides, I don't hate this kit. If anything I just don't think it's good. I don't think it's awful, or poor..

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

*The whole kit is dreadful looks ike my toddler made it

52 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well that's one of the most awful looking kits in a while. Logo s a sticker, and the arms look utterly dreadful.

Apart from the Jd logo I love it!

my wife said it looked like a superhero outfit...don’t think she meant it as a compliment but I took it as one!

Don't like the arms, the black lotus logo (should be the green and yellow one) or the shade of green. 

Do like the shade of yellow, how wound up Cambridge is, and the recycled plastic element. 

Will I be buying one? Probably not 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Don't like the arms, the black lotus logo (should be the green and yellow one) or the shade of green. 

Do like the shade of yellow, how wound up Cambridge is, and the recycled plastic element. 

Will I be buying one? Probably not 

I'll let you know I have calmed down now, I swear. I'll behave from now on 😉

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'll let you know I have calmed down now, I swear. I'll behave from now on 😉

Please don't behave, you bring me so much joy! 

I like it although the long sleeved version looks weird so hopefully the players don’t wear that!

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's called overreacting and not having had my coffee. I take back my posts, shame I can't delete them.

I'll wake up in an hour. 😉

Erm, think more before you post? 

Or don't post until you've had a brew.

However,  looks like you're back tracking to me.

I prefer quality over quantity personally.  

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Erm, think more before you post? 

Or don't post until you've had a brew.

However,  looks like you're back tracking to me.

I prefer quality over quantity personally.  

'think more before you post'

You are aware you are talking about me right

Some chap on the FB page came up with a rather amusing pun that this should be a Joma-ica kit. 

As for @horsefly going all Latin on us and basically saying that in matters of taste there are no disputes, and @cambridgeshire canary chucking an amusing tanty, I'll raise you a mutare vel timere sperno. 😉 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'think more before you post'

You are aware you are talking about me right

Absolutely,  thats kind of the point.

Pretty standard with the placing of the colours, but overrall it's terrible. All the little patches look amateurish and the pattern on the sleeves are looks out of place. Plus "Woven into the collar of the shirt are the club’s six values – growth, integrity, belonging, resilience, pride and commitment". I'm off to puke.

38 minutes ago, kick it off said:

You're putting his posts/names 3 times in one post. He'll be pleased.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's dreadful. Looks like my toddler did it.

I applaud your toddler for having a sense / eye for design that is far advanced from his/her peers. Bravo!