Just been to Jarrolds to check it out. Design looks ok but the sleeves are so big. Quality is low but not as bad as I thought it would be. JD sticker ruins everything. Haven't bought yet.

The GK top is simply atrocious tbh. Tat of the highest order.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Just been to Jarrolds to check it out. Design looks ok but the sleeves are so big. Quality is low but not as bad as I thought it would be. JD sticker ruins everything. Haven't bought yet.

I bought one online and I Agree with much of this. Quality is significantly worse than Errea. Design actually looks really good and the colour palette is a bit different, but I like it. JD sticker is hideous. 

Disagree on the sleeves, they're fine on my kit (short sleeve obv, long sleeve is hideous). Maybe you just need to get in the gym CP? 😉

If this kit was made by Errea it would be a belter, but the Joma quality lets it down. I probably won't buy another Joma kit unless the design is exceptional as it doesn't look like it will last to me.

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I bought one online and I Agree with this. Quality is significantly worse than Errea. Design actually looks really good and the colour palette is a bit different, but I like it. JD sticker is hideous.

If this kit was made by Errea it would be a belter, but the Joma quality lets it down. I probably won't buy another Joma kit unless the design is exceptional as it doesn't look like it will last to me.

Perhaps that's the plan, so you buy another next season?! 

Bit of a false assumption IMHO as people like to wear their shirts from previous seasons (lockdown weight gain allowing of course!)

Surely it isn't too hard to remove the JD sticker if you want to do that?  All the sponsor transfers recently have been really poorly attached to the shirts.

Wouldn’t it be nice if they sold the shirts without sponsor logos? It’s not as is fans wearing them is going to get the sponsor any TV coverage …

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if they sold the shirts without sponsor logos? It’s not as is fans wearing them is going to get the sponsor any TV coverage …

but they do on way to / from grounds, crowd scenes and the like. 

Also (not on TV) but seen out and about -increasing brand awareness etc. 

Its a massive  market im afraid. 

I agree with comments about it looking cheap. I’ve not bought it and doubt I will as my initial thoughts were that it would last a couple of washes at best. The material looks like it’ll pluck really easily as well. Wasn’t overly enamoured at first but having seen it in the flesh, it’s far worse than I initially thought.

Unfortunately the Lotus logo on mine is clearly too far to one side, and I saw someone else comment about this on Twitter.

The rubber J logo is glued on, but not all the way to the edges, so I'm not sure how long that will stay on - a bit like when they used a rubber crest a couple of seasons back and some peeled off. Why not just stitch it?

Other than that, I prefer the cut to last season's, which was like wearing a tent! I'm a fan of the overall design, too.

Edited by CaptCanary

3 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Unfortunately the Lotus logo on mine isn't centred, and saw someone else comment about this on Twitter.

The rubber J logo is glued on, but not all the way to the edges, so I'm not sure how long that will stay on - a bit like when they used a rubber crest a couple of seasons back and some peeled off. Why not just stitch it?

Id be taking that straight back - at £50.00 quid a pop id expect it to be centered. its not that hard is it ? 

Stitching on takes time, and therefore money - simples! 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, CaptCanary said:

Unfortunately the Lotus logo on mine is clearly too far to one side, and I saw someone else comment about this on Twitter.

Other than that, I prefer the cut to last season's, which was like wearing a tent! I'm a fan of the overall design, too.

Do agree with the comment about the cut - it does fit nicely.

I’ve wanted to buy a new shirt for the first time in a couple of seasons (since my favourite one perished in an accidental washer/dryer error). 😔 But I’m 50:50 with this kit. It’s material quality brings back memories of our awful 1999-2001 kit (with the green vertical stripe). The material was so bad on that, it could have been mistaken for a cheap perforated shammy! Would any kind person in ownership of the new shirt take a close up photo of it? 😁

Just received mine!  Given what a lot of moaning minnies on here said about the quality of the shirt I was fearing the worst.  BUT

GOOD NEWS.  The Joma logo is secure, the Lotus ad is bang in the centre, so nothing much to complain about other than the JD logo being so last minute cheap!  Very good.

But the corporate **** on the inside of the collar - "Growth, Integrity, Belonging, Resilience, Pride, Commitment".  Really, any need? 

On 16/07/2021 at 13:56, shefcanary said:

Just received mine!  Given what a lot of moaning minnies on here said about the quality of the shirt I was fearing the worst.  BUT

GOOD NEWS.  The Joma logo is secure, the Lotus ad is bang in the centre, so nothing much to complain about other than the JD logo being so last minute cheap!  Very good.

But the corporate **** on the inside of the collar - "Growth, Integrity, Belonging, Resilience, Pride, Commitment".  Really, any need? 

Now wearing mine for the first time and it is a really good cut and I'm very pleased. Our Forest fan postie delivered it with a smile and a few extra comments that he was asked to pass onto me from his fellow workers in the sorting office who are almost all massive 1p5wich fans (only when they're winning of course and they do talk a lot about the last century) that were not overly complimentary, just jealousy really.  I live close to 1p5wich if you are wondering why so many follow them locally. 

3 minutes ago, Mutley said:

I live close to 1p5wich

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult geographical phase in your life.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Now wearing mine for the first time and it is a really good cut and I'm very pleased. Our Forest fan postie delivered it with a smile and a few extra comments that he was asked to pass onto me from his fellow workers in the sorting office who are almost all massive 1p5wich fans (only when they're winning of course and they do talk a lot about the last century) that were not overly complimentary, just jealousy really.  I live close to 1p5wich if you are wondering why so many follow them locally. 

They must have good memories. 

I have a ncfc gnome in my front garden, and every match day my postie used to give it a lucky rub! 😊 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

They must have good memories. 

I have a ncfc gnome in my front garden, and every match day my postie used to give it a lucky rub! 😊 

What about the gnome?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What about the gnome?

We turned him the other way, to avoid any future blackmail opportunities he may have looked to explore. 

• Haha 1

Walk past (and into) The Club Shop regularly and am going to say the quality of the material of the shirt is poor . I’m sure it is some sort of technical material - similar to my running shirts, but for a shirt that most of the time won’t be worn in heat I’m not convinced . 
But it’s still better than the faded /grey/ black leisurewear hanging up In the shop. Now that really is rubbish. 

Looked at it a few times but haven't taken the plunge, like others have said doesn't feel the best quality which is a bit disappointing given the price. I'll wait and see if the away or 3rd kits are more appealing 

9 minutes ago, AJ said:

Looked at it a few times but haven't taken the plunge, like others have said doesn't feel the best quality which is a bit disappointing given the price. I'll wait and see if the away or 3rd kits are more appealing 

All kits will be of the same quality (or lack thereof) 

43 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

All kits will be of the same quality (or lack thereof) 

Yeah I know, I meant more if the design was particularly good