Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Is it fair to blood the youth

Just a thought- the atmosphere at Carrow Road is pretty tense currently and the pressure is rising. Under these conditions is it fair on the youngsters to play them. any of you who watched Middlesboro'' on MOTD would have seen young Cattermole in tears because of the situation he found him self in. I''m sure in his future years this experience will hold him in good stead.

I''d love to see the youngsters playing during now and the end of the season.

What do you all think?

I agree great drinks - on another post I mentioned that now is a good time to blood some youngsters as long as the fans are prepared to let rhem make some mistake and accept some defeats along the way -  getting on their backs as they learn the ropes will not help - but three months of experience now woudl tee them up nicely for next season if good eough or allow us to show them the door with a clear conscience...

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Just a thought- the atmosphere at Carrow Road is pretty tense currently and the pressure is rising. Under these conditions is it fair on the youngsters to play them. any of you who watched Middlesboro'' on MOTD would have seen young Cattermole in tears because of the situation he found him self in. I''m sure in his future years this experience will hold him in good stead.

I''d love to see the youngsters playing during now and the end of the season.

What do you all think?

[/quote] I''m not so sure. Cattermole may be a stronger character after the game or it may shatter his confidence. I would like to see some of the youngsters given a go but from the bench first. You do have to be very careful and I think some players would thrive on the situation and others wouldn''t. Not sure I have enough confidence in worthy to suggest he would pick those that would thrive!?

Yes

They should get a chance, everybody realises that they are young and will not criticize the manager or boo them when they are playing. Hendo is only booed because he is replacing mcveigh. If Cave brown or rossi J played ahead of colin or fleming. If spillane played ahead of etuhu or hughes no one would complain. They should be given a chance and i reckon they would do a better job than the wastewrs we have at the moment.

in the current circumstances it may be an unwise choice. obviously city aren''t playing for anything now, unlike at middlesboro where relegation is a real threat ( although if we keep losing who knows?) so the pressure probably isn''t as intense, but in view we''ve suffered 4 home defeats in a row and below par performances, to blood young uns could do more harm than good.if a new manager came in, then probably the fans would be more tolerant and he could probably experiment by using young players without concern of a crowd backlash.

it cant be much worst than the liks of hughes or ''The Tutu'' as it is, it cant be much worst at all, bring them in, give them some experiance, get a few wins, get behind them and watch some interesting football. Westham (our cup loss) was probably THE best game i have seen all season, simply because i could watch our youth lads play some interesting, good to watch , flowing attacking football.......

pity its the only game we have really seen it in this season...

I agree, the season is over and now is the opportunity to give the youth some experience. Lets face it they cant do any worse than some of the current incumbents.  That is why I cannot undestand why we have got johanson and rehman in on loan. It seems pointless unless we intend buying them in the summer. If worthy isn''t going to play the youngsters why not send them out on loan. Henderson needs a run in a team to see if he can cut it as a striker otherwise we should let him go.

With the little experience they are gaining from the poor and rare reserve games and even rarer and poorer first team appearances they need the opportunities a loan may give them.

There''s never a "right time". It''s either a relegation battle or a play-off drive. With the top 6 sides having a chance of promotion, there''s almost no calm water. But if you never play the kids because of that, the message is "sorry, I don''t trust you with the Club''s future", and that''s the most harmful thing of all. But the fans do need to be understanding, and a number of them (judging by this board) seem to be a bit tetchy at the moment, as if nothing will be good enough.

Personally i would like to see the Norwich youngsters get a fair go at proving themselves instead of half a game here and there. I don,t think worthington or (in some cases) the fans have given the youngsters the chance to settle in and prove they can play. I''ve always thought when blooding a young player they should give them 3 or 4 games to get used to the tempo and atmosphere of a league game. I''m sure earnshaw will get the luxury of a few games to settle in !

Interesting views and very encouraging. I think if  the youngsters are going to be given a chance then they are given a few starts even if they know that they will only be playing 60 minutes or so.

If they are not thrown in then how do we know if the next Walcott/Rooney is in our midst ( okay i''ve woken up now)

Come on Worthy let''s see what we''ve got