Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

BBC or ITV on Sunday ?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, the BBC is the better option.. Except that Iplayer has been bugging out on me and playing in super low quality while ITV player has always been good quality and full HD.

Ugh

With compulsory ads unless you pay for Hub+

As much as I dislike the BBC, I won't be petulant enough to watch ITV and their continuous advert breaks. 

21 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

With compulsory ads unless you pay for Hub+

Thats it, ads have become the bait or bug that induces people to pay more for the same programmes on the premium+ channels. The ever increasing amount, frequency and duration of ads on Sky particularly( given how much the cont costs) is what drove  me away from it. They still get my money indirectly through now.tv which I know is an infererior service, but I never pay full price due to offers, online vouchers etc. Got 6 months sports for €17 a month last season by holding out till the day the season started. 

Its all bollix anyway ,but cant continue this way for long with footy being split between providers,I heard the other day on the radio that to have access to all providers of footy in ireland,  in order to access every televised game ,you wouldnt get much change out of €150 per Month!!!......and you'd still get adverts...lots of em. Much more power in skys hands and the 22 and half min water break will an everymatch thing, then itll  become an ad break shortly after. Conts! The lot of 'em.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Forgot to say BBC ,  for coverage. ITV for punditry amusement after, ads dont bother me by that point, need a couple of minutes every now and then for a slash, due to pints consumed during the match.

Totally agree - and not to mention to PPV offerings too. Which also still have adverts. 

I'd be very surprised if ITV get more than 5% of the viewers.  This will probably hit close to 30 million, of which less than 1 million will be on ITV.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thats it, ads have become the bait or bug that induces people to pay more for the same programmes on the premium+ channels. The ever increasing amount, frequency and duration of ads on Sky particularly( given how much the cont costs) is what drove  me away from it. They still get my money indirectly through now.tv which I know is an infererior service, but I never pay full price due to offers, online vouchers etc. Got 6 months sports for €17 a month last season by holding out till the day the season started. 

Its all bollix anyway ,but cant continue this way for long with footy being split between providers,I heard the other day on the radio that to have access to all providers of footy in ireland,  in order to access every televised game ,you wouldnt get much change out of €150 per Month!!!......and you'd still get adverts...lots of em. Much more power in skys hands and the 22 and half min water break will an everymatch thing, then itll  become an ad break shortly after. Conts! The lot of 'em.

I love how Youtubes main tactic to get you to not want ads is to interrupt your video every 30 seconds telling you can pay for youtube premium to get rid of ads

Absoloute genius tactic..

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I love how Youtubes main tactic to get you to not want ads is to interrupt your video every 30 seconds telling you can pay for youtube premium to get rid of ads

Absoloute genius tactic..

Yeah adblocker gets rid of them on my PC.  Wish I could find  a way to block them on my nowtv stick....apart from coughing up that is.

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

So you never ever buy anything?  Part of pretty much every product you buy will incorporate marketing and advertising built in to its price. Believe me, we all pay for it.

I’m certain I’ve never bought anything as a direct result of an advert on ITV, but obviously I’ve bought things which have probably been included in the ad breaks at some point, even as simple as going in Sainsbury’s then seeing an ad for the shop the same evening. But to suggest I’ve therefore paid for that advert is pretty tenuous, as I would have already received something more tangible for my monetary outlay than 90 seconds on prime time tele.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minestrone said:

I’m certain I’ve never bought anything as a direct result of an advert on ITV, but obviously I’ve bought things which have probably been included in the ad breaks at some point, even as simple as going in Sainsbury’s then seeing an ad for the shop the same evening. But to suggest I’ve therefore paid for that advert is pretty tenuous, as I would have already received something more tangible for my monetary outlay than 90 seconds on prime time tele.

Whoosh. You just don’t get it, but that’s fine.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Doesn't all go to ITV though surely??  

I would have thought the advertising budget part of my purchase forms a very small part of the product’s cost.

7 minutes ago, minestrone said:

I would have thought the advertising budget part of my purchase forms a very small part of the product’s cost.

Maybe tell sainsbury's (other shops are available) that you don't watch ITV - you may get it a little cheaper! 

Edited by Greavsy
typo

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

BBC for me but just to be clear i am not a Leftie. 😜

According to the Daily Telegraph ITV are full of lefties too! You could almost believe that they were paranoid🤣

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/08/gary-nevilles-tedious-political-rants-getting-way-english-unity/

Anyway BBC for me  for the same reason as  others - I can always catch up with the tedious leftie political rants later!

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Maybe tell sainsbury's (other shops are available) that you don't watch ITV - you may get it a little cheaper! 

Every little helps! 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minestrone said:

Every little helps! 😂

I visualized you tapping your back pocket twice as you typed that! 

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

BBC for me but just to be clear i am not a Leftie. 😜

I don't think we ever doubted that😉🤣

That's reminded me of a Beyonce song. Doesnt she sing  Tilly Left, Tilly Left? 

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

That's reminded me of a Beyonce song. Doesnt she sing  Tilly Left, Tilly Left? 

Careful Greavsy or Fenway will be popping up on this thread as well.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Careful Greavsy or Fenway will be popping up on this thread as well.

He will be lurking somewhere I'm sure! 

23 hours ago, hogesar said:

BBC - 4k online.

With the addition of telling people to wait a short while before messaging any reactions to compensate for the delay!

23 hours ago, hogesar said:

BBC - 4k online.

With the addition of telling people to wait a short while before messaging any reactions to compensate for the delay!

1 hour ago, Unhinged Canary said:

That was so good you said it twice!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Greavsy said:

He will be lurking somewhere I'm sure! 

So help me get clear how this works on here:

I am posting, but

You are stalking, and

He is trolling

Or:

I am not posting, but

You are lurking, and

He is a binner