Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

BBC or ITV on Sunday ?

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

If it was that simple why do sky charge a subscription then, as they have adverts too. And the other providers, Amazon, BT, etc

Of course it isnt that simple - but the very idea we don’t all pay for itv is utterly ridiculous 

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Of course it isnt that simple - but the very idea we don’t all pay for itv is utterly ridiculous 

The MASSIVE difference is, as with sky, BT, etc you can opt out if you wish, and not watch.. 

Don't have that so easily with ITV. 

Too many adverts on ITV but too much ‘expert’ analysis on BBC and I don’t like Gary Lineker’s jokey style. I might watch on BBC but turn the volume down during the intervals.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not fussed but will only watch first half then it’s Love Island on ITV2 at 21.00hrs. 

Majestic......

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Majestic......

Yep, a few princesses and queens on there! 

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not fussed but will only watch first half then it’s Love Island on ITV2 at 21.00hrs. 

**** you.

27 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Too many adverts on ITV but too much ‘expert’ analysis on BBC and I don’t like Gary Lineker’s jokey style. I might watch on BBC but turn the volume down during the intervals.

Agreed how dare he try and interject some humour, the absolute monster....... 😏

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

its a shame he finds paying income tax a laughable matter (tbf he isnt alone).

Just now, Greavsy said:

its a shame he finds paying income tax a laughable matter (tbf he isnt alone).

Of course he doesn't like paying his way, he's a lefty......🤭

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Of course he doesn't like paying his way, he's a lefty......🤭

Nobody LIKES paying - its just not optional for the rest of us. 

28 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Trying being the operative word-in both senses 😳

BBC of course, but I have to say I can't stand the smugness of the likes of Lineker, Shearer and especially Rio Ferdinand. The prime reason I do not watch MOTD, bunch of t*ssers.

ITV aren't much better, and what are they playing at with replacing Clive Tyldesley with that Matterface with Lee Dixon? Do they not go on Twitter?! Tyldesley must also be pretty gutted, did England games for all those years and now can't even do a final. 

• Like 1

Don't mind either really, although as several have said BBC out of habit/ no adverts.

I'll have the sound off because I cannot stand a bunch of so called experts, who are being paid a small fortune, talking about something I've just watched and am perfectly able to form my own opinion on.

Always the beeb!    Quality and the finishing montage is usually brilliant!      Pavarotti or Baddiel and Skinner?

Based on this poll, any point taking out advertising space on ITV?   

Edited by ged in the onion bag

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Songs of Praise followed by Antiques Roadshow, Last of the Summer Wine and finish off with That's Life! 

Sorted.

Filth

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Surely I could watch ITV all day, every day and not a penny would leave my bank account would it? Can’t see how we are paying. Other than emotionally as the adverts are so tedious.

BBC all day long for any live football, hate the way they go to a break just after the teams walk out.

• Like 1

BBC commentary is better but I'll watch a bit of ITV if anything controversial happens just to see angry Roy have a rant. Always good for a laugh.

Edited by The Raptor
The dinosaurs

43 minutes ago, minestrone said:

Surely I could watch ITV all day, every day and not a penny would leave my bank account would it? Can’t see how we are paying. Other than emotionally as the adverts are so tedious.

BBC all day long for any live football, hate the way they go to a break just after the teams walk out.

So you never ever buy anything?  Part of pretty much every product you buy will incorporate marketing and advertising built in to its price. Believe me, we all pay for it.

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

So you never ever buy anything?  Part of pretty much every product you buy will incorporate marketing and advertising built in to its price. Believe me, we all pay for it.

Doesn't all go to ITV though surely??