Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sheffield United 'friendly' confirmed

After all the stick Sheff Utd fans have given us over the past couple of years this almost feels a bit like a "Farke you": us in the Prem, them just having been relegated playing a pre-season friendly. Bit like rubbing salt into the wound. 😄

I don't usually get bitter about mild football rivalries but Sheff Utd just ground my gears, I even remember getting stalked on Instagram once by one of their "fans" after I commented on Chris Wilder being more like Gene Wilder. A peak in my otherwise lowly internet career. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

After all the stick Sheff Utd fans have given us over the past couple of years this almost feels a bit like a "Farke you": us in the Prem, them just having been relegated playing a pre-season friendly. Bit like rubbing salt into the wound. 😄

I don't usually get bitter about mild football rivalries but Sheff Utd just ground my gears, I even remember getting stalked on Instagram once by one of their "fans" after I commented on Chris Wilder being more like Gene Wilder. A peak in my otherwise lowly internet career. 

Why do I get the feeling this will be the bloody friendly where we get a player ruled out for the season before we’ve even kicked a ball in earnest?!

• Like 1

Different manager, somewhat different team, and let's face it, travelling's going to be hard work hence why we're not off on a German tour this time, so expect all the opposition to be British teams.

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Wonder if that Blunts fan who kept going on about us being awful and them being all set to challenge the top six will turn up and start posting on here again? He vanished last season, no clue why.. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Why do I get the feeling this will be the bloody friendly where we get a player ruled out for the season before we’ve even kicked a ball in earnest?!

I have had a similar conversation in regards to Billy Gilmour. It was around him playing a handful of games, looking great and influencing games for us and then.................

Oh well, let's see what the footballing gods have in for us (good or bad) this season.

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This 100%. I guess it'll be a different Sheff Utd now without Wilder, but still, I shudder when I see the Norwich V Sheff Utd fixture.

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The S Utd web site says they will be streaming the game, there's a link to purchase a match pass.

Ah yes, making people pay to watch a friendly. Good old Sheffield United, very fan and people friendly

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah yes, making people pay to watch a friendly. Good old Sheffield United, very fan and people friendly

Its not compulsory. 

If you're unable / not keen to attend this gives you a viable alternative. 

Also provides the club some income. 

What's not to like? 

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I can't remember not having to pay to see a pre-season friendly at Carrow Rd. 

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I can't remember not having to pay to see a pre-season friendly at Carrow Rd. 

If you can't physically attend, then this will provide a great service for such non-attendees.

If not, there's always Radio Norfolk ( I presume)

24 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

If you can't physically attend, then this will provide a great service for such non-attendees.

If not, there's always Radio Norfolk ( I presume)

Friendlies aren't usually broadcast on the radio. I would watch a paid for stream! 

Last season, the games in Germany were on YouTube but I think the clubs we played had their own YouTube channels and it seems that this is often normal practice over there.