Sign in to follow this  
City fan

Skipp

The new Spurs coach has stated that Skipp is part of his 1st team plans for next season. So that loan looks dead in the water. 

There don't seem to be any direct quotes out there just lots of 'in the know' chatter and 'reports' but it does seem highly unlikely at the moment that he will be leaving on loan again.

I assumed us signing Gilmour was the end of our pursuit for Skipp. Unfortunately for us, Skipp's loan just went TOO well. I hope he gets his chances at Spurs if he does end up there this season, it would be a shame to see him benched for most of it

It will also be interesting. A few have highlighted that when we played ex prem last season he wasn't as nearly as effective indicating he was hovering between Champ and prem level.

I don't pretend to be great at noticing players quality but it will be interesting how he gets on . Here's hoping he has two bad games against us but does great the rest of the season !

21 minutes ago, AJ said:

I assumed us signing Gilmour was the end of our pursuit for Skipp. Unfortunately for us, Skipp's loan just went TOO well. I hope he gets his chances at Spurs if he does end up there this season, it would be a shame to see him benched for most of it

They've got the Conference League plus two domestic cups, so Spurs could see themselves play 60 games this season if they do well in the cups. Skipp should get game time somewhere along the line and the large fixture list is a reason why Spurs may choose to keep him.

7 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

It will also be interesting. A few have highlighted that when we played ex prem last season he wasn't as nearly as effective indicating he was hovering between Champ and prem level.

I don't pretend to be great at noticing players quality but it will be interesting how he gets on . Here's hoping he has two bad games against us but does great the rest of the season !

He'll get on better in the Spurs team than for us though, as he'll be amongst better players. Same reason Godfrey has gone on to do well at Everton - he still makes the same kind of mistakes (it is all a learning process of course) but he has better players around him to absorb some of those errors

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

They've got the Conference League plus two domestic cups, so Spurs could see themselves play 60 games this season if they do well in the cups. Skipp should get game time somewhere along the line and the large fixture list is a reason why Spurs may choose to keep him.

It's a very good point, and I hope he does because I'd like to see him go on to do well. As for us, it must have been clear Skipp was unlikely before we went ahead with Gilmour

It will ultimately depend on Spurs ability to offload some of their existing midfielders and anyone they bring in.

he is injured still for pre-season so difficult to impress and if the new coach has hojlberg, winks, lo celso, ndombele, Lamela, Ali, sissoko, potentially Eric Dier all available in there then they may still decide a free season for Skipp playing regularly might be the right answer. If they sell a few of them and don’t buy anymore then clearly he will stay at Spurs 

Skipp doesn't want to come here again, he wants to play for Spurs.

If he spends the entire season on the bench with say a dozen sub appearances plus a run out in Cup and Europe Conference League matches I'm sure he will regard that as a very successful season.

The window is open until 31 August. SW has already said they will hold our other loan spot open until there is no hope left. He may well start pre-season as a member of the Spurs first team squad but that doesn't mean he'll stay there after the first 3 games of the season.

Gilmour is a completely different player and is not a Skipp replacement. If anything, he is a Maclean replacement.

20 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He picked his keys up a month ago for new accommodation. Breaking news on the Pinkun soon enough. 

Perhaps he just really liked living here and is going to commute into London for training etc. Plenty enough players do long commutes when they are on loan or move clubs...

11 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Perhaps he just really liked living here and is going to commute into London for training etc. Plenty enough players do long commutes when they are on loan or move clubs...

Could be that, it’s only a brisk walk if your set off early. 

• Like 1