Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The Adam Armstrong saga takes a twist

Only one year on his contract. Applying the logic of our fans that makes him virtually worthless doesn’t it? Blackburn will surely accept anything.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Only one year on his contract. Applying the logic of our fans that makes him virtually worthless doesn’t it? Blackburn will surely accept anything.

No, about £15-£20m at a guess. Same as Todd I reckon next summer.

Would love to see Armstrong here but already being denied by the club. Exactly the sort of player we should be signing. Reckon he'll end up at Southampton as they'll pay the money and wages necessary. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-adam-armstrong-bid-alan-nixon-8211834

And it turns out to be a bunch of ****. Because of course it was, as I said when I made this thread

We are not making a record bid for a striker who's being benched for Pukki.

We really need to start making and sealing bids as Frake definitely expects more.... he is saying it publically

Some fans want the moon on a stick.....Should we therefore sign Neil Armstrong?.....

"Or would that just be one small step?"......

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

'Advanced' talks pretty much seals it (normally)

Sky Sports News have just said “palace are in advanced talks” & in the next breath they said “palace can’t agree on a price with Blackburn” Call me old fashioned, but if you are in advanced talks, surely you have agreed a price with the selling club.

• Like 1

Can’t say I’m bothered, much rather see Idah give if we can’t do better than Armstrong for that price!

Edited by Indy

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Can’t say I’m bothered, much rather see Idah give if we can’t do better than Armstrong for that price!

I was very disappointed about the rumour that we were going to offer Idah as a makeweight - hopefully nothing in it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

I was very disappointed about the rumour that we were going to offer Idah as a makeweight - hopefully nothing in it.

Agreed, I think he could be our next big one with the way he has kicked on in preseason. Last seasons injury setback delayed his development a bit but he is beginning to look a real handful.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

To be fair that part did sound like nonsense. Just don't see Webber or Farke wanting such a deal, nevermind at the same time as Hugill and Pukki being off with Covid and Idah being our current only fit striker and all..

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Agreed, I think he could be our next big one with the way he has kicked on in preseason. Last seasons injury setback delayed his development a bit but he is beginning to look a real handful.

If you were a centre half I don't think you'd look forward to playing against him. All this talk of loaning him out must be nonsense. Surely we would have done it last year if at all. I think Farke rates him and he's staying here 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you were a centre half I don't think you'd look forward to playing against him. All this talk of loaning him out must be nonsense. Surely we would have done it last year if at all. I think Farke rates him and he's staying here 

Exactly my thinking, and same with Omobamidele, but it's all rendered a bit more complicated by the fact there's a promotion in the mixer.

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair that part did sound like nonsense. Just don't see Webber or Farke wanting such a deal, nevermind at the same time as Hugill and Pukki being off with Covid and Idah being our current only fit striker and all..

Yes - I hope so CC. I think that engaging with 😄some on here is making me paranoid!

I have to agree with all comments above, Idah looks to have progressed and is holding the ball up superbly brings others into the game and his movements in the box superb. He’s got the potential to be a monster!
Omobamdele looks so calm on the ball, he reads the game really well, something which is rare for such a young player. Both can have a massive impact for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sounds like Palace are favourites to land him.

Good another Rhodes, great in lower leagues but won’t make the cut in the top flight. We shall see but £20 odd million is about 13 million too much!

On 05/08/2021 at 07:42, Jim Smith said:

Sounds like they’ve had to as with just one year left Blackburn did not hold the upper hand, in fact their valuation of £25mil was not even close to being met in the end if Sky sources are to be believed, it’s apparently worth up to £15mil so I’m guessing they will pay around £10mil for him initially.