Pugin

We've done magnificent business so far this close season

32 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

He had 3 years to go didn’t he!

Think so, and that's the sweet spot. We're already worried about Cantwell and his is either until 2023, or until 2022 with a unilateral one-year option at our end to extend it to 2023.

Look at the panic around Ajer with his having a year left. Look at the drop in valuation for Rashica (there are more factors, absolutely, but I'll guarantee you the drop from two years left to one year had a major impact) too.

I think we have done good business but am far from convinced the starting XI is any stronger. Indeed I fear it might be weaker at the moment. Emi and Skipp being huge holes to fill. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Sideways move? For who?

You or him?

He's not left for champions league foot all or anything.  

It's a team that should have gone down with us but only avoided it because technology didn't work

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That assumes Farke would have had no budget if we didn't sell Emi.

That could mean the money villa paid upfront or might mean we have agreed to sign players not announced yet ? 

Edited by norfolkngood

Always surprised people haven't learned the lessons of the RVW summer when, on paper, we'd 'won the transfer window' and then promptly got relegated.

I'm positive on all our new signings but we've got no idea how good the business we've done is until they've actually played.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

You’re  in the premiership son we got you there you give us a season. When you contracts shorter we’ll talk  this year you stay. 

you want to play in the top league in the world. Boom you are with us. Long way to go in your career son.

You’re clearly a leading light in the sports psychology world, no?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You’re clearly a leading light in the sports psychology world, no?

I don’t see where sports psychology come in to it! 

you won’t convince me that it’s good business to sell your best play who’s on a relatively long contract when you just been promoted to the premiership. You tell me when that happens elsewhere!

7 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

you won’t convince me that it’s good business to sell your best play who’s on a relatively long contract when you just been promoted to the premiership. You tell me when that happens elsewhere!

It’s certainly the case that this left us two steps backwards before we could move forwards- hence my suggestion we haven’t yet improved the starting XI. This squad needs 4 further first team starters imho to make a better fist of it than last time. We are still physically lightweight in the middle of the park 

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Always surprised people haven't learned the lessons of the RVW summer when, on paper, we'd 'won the transfer window' and then promptly got relegated.

We had an excellent window that season, the issue wasn't with the transfers, it was with having a manager who wanted to play for defensive minded bore draws, and who regularly asked players to perform roles not suited to them.

The only signing that wasn't particularly decent that summer was Carlo Nash on a free as a 3rd choice keeper!

21 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

This is true. 

Who do you feel is our greatest ever player Cambo? 

*cough*

HARRY-KANE-NORWICH-1024x512.jpg

14 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think so, and that's the sweet spot. We're already worried about Cantwell and his is either until 2023, or until 2022 with a unilateral one-year option at our end to extend it to 2023.

Look at the panic around Ajer with his having a year left. Look at the drop in valuation for Rashica (there are more factors, absolutely, but I'll guarantee you the drop from two years left to one year had a major impact) too.

Yea this is a concern with Cantwell, unless he signs a new deal if someone comes in with decent money it makes sense financially to cash in as unlikely even if he stars he’ll be worth more next summer with just one year left.

But the prospect of losing Emi, Cantwell and Aaron’s just feels too much to swallow. I trust Webber to make decent investments but those three are 3 of if not arguably the 3 best players the club has/d, no way losing all doesn’t weaken us, at least initially, regardless of how hard Webber works.

10 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

If you think your little speech would have done anything other than caused Emi to throw his toys out of the pram, leaving us with an asset losing value and worth little or nothing on the pitch, you are sadly mistaken. 

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If you think your little speech would have done anything other than caused Emi to throw his toys out of the pram, leaving us with an asset losing value and worth little or nothing on the pitch, you are sadly mistaken. 

Says you. How do you know that.