Question rather tha a suggestion.

Young, hard-working defensive midfielder who has been variously described by the biiners as their best prospect, best player etc. Back-up for us?

Desperate to leave the club (he put in a transfer request last season and now banished to U23s.)

Would be very cheap because of his desire to leave and their need for cash. Poor man's Ollie Skipp or badly advised gem?

Worth consideration? Is there potential there for £1m+

Against: hot-headed, never played above mediocre chumps level (whilst being surrounded by donkeys.)

Question? .. can't recall seeing much of him.

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Question rather tha a suggestion.

Young, hard-working defensive midfielder who has been variously described by the biiners ae their best prospect, best player etc. Back-up for us?

Desperate to leave the club (he put in a transfer request last season and now banished to U23s.)

Would be very cheap because of his desire to leave and their need for cash. Poor man's Ollie Skipp or badly advised gem?

Worth consideration? Is there potential there for £1m+

Against: hot-headed, never played above mediocre chumps level (whilst being surrounded by donkeys.)

Question? .. can't recall seeing much of him.

He will be off to Porto for 1 million € this time next year

😉

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He will be off to Porto for 1 million € this time next year

😉

Every time I read an 1p5wich report Downes seems to be getting sent off. A worrying lack of discipline for perspective buyers to consider. 

Yes! I'm aware that they always over-rate their youngsters, but the binner fans seem to have a love-hate relationship with this boy.

They love that he has been the mainstay of their team for a couple of seasons or so, but hate his desire to quit the club for better things.

He's previously suffered from being managed by Lambert and now seems to have alienated Cook for wanting away.

I suspect that whereever he ends up he will be a success. The big question is the level his is capable of being a success at.

Always hard to measure your "best young player" at any level. All you can do is move them on , and see how they compare with other best young players.  

My guess (  I have absolutely no idea) is that his data isn't that good otherwise he would be gone.  Our success stories from Div 3 loans were stand out (Godfrey, Maddison for example) heavily supported by their numbers. 

But of course to get good data , they have to play. 

On 04/07/2021 at 09:47, Jersey Canary said:

Every time I read an 1p5wich report Downes seems to be getting sent off. A worrying lack of discipline for perspective buyers to consider. 

prospective* 

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Would be worth £1m just to see the reaction on TWTD, then we can loan him to Portsmouth or Charlton for a laugh.

Charlton please!! My local friendly  tyre fitter is a Charlton boy...they just missed out on play offs last  season.  Not many Irish lad's support anyone  other than man u, pool  etc, and we always  chat  about  real footy.  He has said to me a couple of times that they'd be a great place for us to send loanees.... as he regards us as an example to others  as to how a club  should be run.

• Haha 1

I brought this player up a few weeks ago as I thought him suitable for us at the beginning of last season when he wanted away and Lambert refused a bid from a  Championship level club (that 'big club QPR?')

Whether or not he will ever attain to PL level is the big doubt, despite the binners always talking him up that way.

I now note that he is likely on the way to Bournemouth (c. £1.5m) and whilst I don't suppose this move has implications re: our supposed interest in Billings (chalk and cheese) it will be interesting to note the players progress there in the Chumps and even beyond. Like a stopped watch is always right twice a day occasionally ITFC throws up a decent youngster.

I also note that Paul Cook is very keen to sign a Rotherham player (whose name I can't recall) to the extent that he keeps upping the original offer by a thousand or two (they talk thousands, we talk millions.) Paul Warne is resisting all offers below his own valuation.

Amusingly some TWTDers think that Warne is being difficult because he is a big NCFC fan and therefore unwilling to help out ITFC in any way.

If true, then good for you PW ... keep it up.

Always interesting reading TWTD occasionally.

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I also note that Paul Cook is very keen to sign a Rotherham player (whose name I can't recall)

Crooks

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I brought this player up a few weeks ago as I thought him suitable for us at the beginning of last season when he wanted away and Lambert refused a bid from a  Championship level club (that 'big club QPR?')

Whether or not he will ever attain to PL level is the big doubt, despite the binners always talking him up that way.

I now note that he is likely on the way to Bournemouth (c. £1.5m) and whilst I don't suppose this move has implications re: our supposed interest in Billings (chalk and cheese) it will be interesting to note the players progress there in the Chumps and even beyond. Like a stopped watch is always right twice a day occasionally ITFC throws up a decent youngster.

I also note that Paul Cook is very keen to sign a Rotherham player (whose name I can't recall) to the extent that he keeps upping the original offer by a thousand or two (they talk thousands, we talk millions.) Paul Warne is resisting all offers below his own valuation.

Amusingly some TWTDers think that Warne is being difficult because he is a big NCFC fan and therefore unwilling to help out ITFC in any way.

If true, then good for you PW ... keep it up.

Always interesting reading TWTD occasionally.

I'm fairly confident that it is Chairmen and Chief Execs, rather than managers, that conduct the negotiations...

9 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

I'm fairly confident that it is Chairmen and Chief Execs, rather than managers, that conduct the negotiations...

At the end of the day of course and Rotherham will likely need a cash input.

Warne is a highly valued manager there though and has set his valuation of the player.

The bit about Warne's support of NCFC was a bit tongue in cheek, but first mentioned on TWTD nevertheless.

Edited by BroadstairsR

34 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Crooks

I don't like ITFC any more than you do, but that's libellous.

😉

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't like ITFC any more than you do, but that's libellous.

😉

Its also quite funny for FF too. although I'm sure he didn't intend it! 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Here he goes again 

Any minute now he'll mention your job,  if he doesnt, its because he's read this. 

• Haha 2

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Any minute now he'll mention your job,  if he doesnt, its because he's read this. 

And if he does! 

Oh look you're correct whatever I do. very clever! 

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Here he goes again 

You're better when you're a  lurker. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You constantly bang on about how this is a forum for discussion, how about joining in one for a change

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Ain’t Got a Clue ( I don’t expect you to get that but some will)

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

You constantly bang on about how this is a forum for discussion, how about joining in one for a change

How about not being selective and only referencing threads that suit your agenda. Please stick to the facts FF

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ain’t Got a Clue ( I don’t expect you to get that but some will)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah i'm not getting involved in this 

He said joining in, not starting one!