Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

Where is Next signing coming from?

In an effort to give the OP a half decent answer, the main targets seem to be:

Ajer - Celtic want 12 million, which is too much so we're playing the long game.

Billing - We're interested but I assume B'mouth wanted to get their new manager in before sanctioning any departures.

Skipp - Same with Spurs. Nuno may let him leave but I personally doubt it.

Armstrong - I think this will be a 'wait till the rest of our business is sorted and see if we have enough money for him'. Assuming we get all of the above, I think we'd have to sell Aarons to be able to afford him too.

I'm sure the club has other targets, but these seem to be the main ones who have been confirmed by the usual journos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Ajer - Celtic want 12 million, which is too much so we're playing the long game.

Billing - We're interested but I assume B'mouth wanted to get their new manager in before sanctioning any departures.

Armstrong - I think this will be a 'wait till the rest of our business is sorted and see if we have enough money for him'. Assuming we get all of the above, I think we'd have to sell Aarons to be able to afford him too.

I'm sure the club has other targets, but these seem to be the main ones who have been confirmed by the usual journos.

Think with Milot coming in who can play both as a winger and striker Armstrong is off the table, that and they are pulling the old 'Not selling him unless it's for a price you can't afford' scheme

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think with Milot coming in who can play both as a winger and striker Armstrong is off the table, that and they are pulling the old 'Not selling him unless it's for a price you can't afford' scheme

We needed another option before Buendia left. Hence why we were looking at Josh King. If TC, KD or MR get injured, we'd be relying on Placheta and/or Hernandez.

Having said that, a center back and a center mid will be higher priorities and we may not have enough money to get someone decent in.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think Cambridge does this sort of Thread much better.

Plenty of practice. 

Didnt some ITK poster suggest all our signings were more or less over the line and we were waiting on the dotting of i’s basically… 

I tend not to concern myself with new signings until they happen having had my excitement burnt with the transfer window when we ended up with Robbie Brady and Matt Jarvis… 

And even then I temper expectations the spectre of one certain Dutch striker still haunting my daydreams…

39 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Think Billing could be too pricey at £15m if that's the price going around. We're a centre-half and a midfielder light, that's for sure, but I'd be worried if we went much into eight-figure territory.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think Billing could be too pricey at £15m if that's the price going around. We're a centre-half and a midfielder light, that's for sure, but I'd be worried if we went much into eight-figure territory.

I get where we are coming from when we look at Billing and all.. But anytime hes played against us he's not exactly covered himself in glory

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I get where we are coming from when we look at Billing and all.. But anytime hes played against us he's not exactly covered himself in glory

He's not played that well as a defensive midfielder. More of a box-to-box man with a slightly shaky attitude. I'd rather stay away from him to be honest, and especially at that price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Longstaff and Ajer will be the last two, with Skipp on loan! I called Webber as instructed by Cambridge and he confirmed it!👍😉

• Like 1

Isn't Longstaff only available for loan? I believe you can only have 2 players loaned from Premier League clubs so that would rule out Skipp.

We were interested in Longstaff last year but I would want a bit more experience alongside Gilmour tbh.

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I think Cambridge does this sort of Thread much better.

Don't encourage him 😂

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Isn't Longstaff only available for loan? I believe you can only have 2 players loaned from Premier League clubs so that would rule out Skipp.

We were interested in Longstaff last year but I would want a bit more experience alongside Gilmour tbh.

Last year of his contract some talk of signing permanently.

8 hours ago, Indy said:

Last year of his contract some talk of signing permanently.

I'd assume we have a decent relationship with Newcastle given the Lewis/Murphy deals and this upcoming friendly so it's plausible we're in talks