Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Derby get away with it again, just a fine, after appeal is

Derby will play in the Championship next season after the English Football League decided not to appeal against a decision to just fine the club for their accounting policies.

The EFL is deeply disappointed at how this has ended.

The feeling is the written reasons left them no realistic prospect of success with any appeal and therefore to proceed would have been counter-productive.

They do feel they have won an argument over the amortisation of players and will now press for a rule change to prevent any other club following the path Derby created.

As per the previous judgement, Derby now have to resubmit accounts for the years ending 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017 and 30 June 2018 by 18 August. The EFL will then assess them to see whether they meet their profit and sustainability rules.

However, any decision on that and subsequent case will have no effect on the start of the 2021-22 seaso In.moo Derby will play in the Championship and Wycombe in League One.

Still up sh1tcreek though, a Derby supporting mate told me they only have 13 players, 2 of which are goalkeepers and 1 is injured long term.  Also have no defenders and nothing coming throughbthe academy.

Amazing how quick it can all fall apart...

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Most likely getting relegated at the end of the upcoming season anyway, barley have enough players to field an 11 as it is

Aha! So the plan is to turn Pride Park into a farm is it? (admittedly it would be more exciting to watch a field of barley grow).

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Aha! So the plan is to turn Pride Park into a farm is it? (admittedly it would be more exciting to watch a field of barley grow).

I think it will be an illegal still.

• Haha 2

Maybe we can put in a bid for Kristian Bielik. Always thought he was a decent player and can cover centre half or defensive midfield. Good pedigree from Arsenal and would give another countryman for Placheta 

I think that being relegated might have helped Derby in the medium term. They would have been able to sell their decent championship players and use the money to make a go of league One.

As it stands they are in a state of perpetual purgatory, in debt up their eye balls, and prospective buyers put off because of the threat of a points deduction and relegation. If I were a buyer, I think I'd prefer to buy them in league one (for a cheaper price) and have the momentum of a fresh start.

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

And now the EFL say that Derby can sign players - due to the exceptional circumstances caused by Covid. 

You mean Wayne Rooney's Derby, as Sky Sports renamed them, following the demise of FLDC