Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Ben and Dimi announced until 2024

Great signings that helped propel us back up last season, although a formality now must give credit once again to Webber for his shrewd business. Both turned out to be excellent loans and additions to the squad

very good work by Webber again. Both will be important for our campaign in the PL. Glad this one is sorted

I'm not gonna comment on your dodgy link Wolfie, I'll wait until Cambridge starts the official thread thank you.

• Haha 3

Pretty sure we knew this when they joined- Was it not announced that part of the contracts had a 'join on a permanent if promotion' clause or something? Either way good news, very solid players and will be good to see them in the Prem with us.

7 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

I'm not gonna comment on your dodgy link Wolfie, I'll wait until Cambridge starts the official thread thank you.

It's not offical unless it has at least three stars before and after the thread title and the thread title is in all caps, everyone knows this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Works perfectly for us. They already know the club, the area, the teammates. Defensively we're already going to be a far more formidable unit than last time out in the Premier League, where our back four was much more inexperienced. Here's hoping that they all have a clear pre-season without much in terms of crocks (and that Hanley gets to speed quickly).

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's not offical unless it has at least three stars before and after the thread title and the thread title is in all caps, everyone knows this 

Can't say I've ever noticed how official threads are set out.....

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen an official thread.

• Haha 1

The best part of this news is that the estimated joint fees of about £15M does not come out of this season budget (according to M Baily on the Twitter). 😀

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I’m very tempted to start a thread titled *** CAMBRIDGE CANARY IS AN IPSWICH SUPPORTER *** , but I wouldn’t be that childish. Or would I … 🤔

very good that it has been confirmed.  Both very good additions to the team and squad. Improves our defence and very much needed against top top Premier players.

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

I feel like this joke has been dead about as long as Prince Phillip.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, king canary said:

I feel like this joke has been dead about as long as Prince Phillip.

Too soon........................................... 😉 

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The best part of this news is that the estimated joint fees of about £15M does not come out of this season budget (according to M Baily on the Twitter). 😀

Its still got to come from somewhere - it doesnt mean they are free! (I know that isnt what you said!)

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Its still got to come from somewhere - it doesnt mean they are free! (I know that isnt what you said!)

Is the concept of time confusing you?

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 2

The concept of last years money / budget implying it wont affect the bank balance

26 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

It affected the budget as much as that's £15 million that didn't go into the budget. 

Sure, but means we didn't need villa to pay for them.