Going to be a lot of people with egg on faces if England win here because Southgate has indeed got his tactics right. Can't go too much on the front foot against a side that is very dangerous on the counter attack. Furthermore, with the pace on the bench, when the counterpuncher goes behind and has to come out.... that's when to use the pace.

• Like 2

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Going to be a lot of people with egg on faces if England win here because Southgate has indeed got his tactics right. Can't go too much on the front foot against a side that is very dangerous on the counter attack. Furthermore, with the pace on the bench, when the counterpuncher goes behind and has to come out.... that's when to use the pace.

Almost as if he's a professional manager and not a bad one, not some moron the FA found living under a bridge like some on here make him sound.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

If they are the tactics that are going to be employed from now on then I'll p*** off now and do some weeding. This is not progression. This is not football that will get us close to the winning the World Cup. This German team is bang average. This is typical English football from the last few years. With the players he has at his disposal, this is not just short of football criminality.

IT'S COMING HOME 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

If they are the tactics that are going to be employed from now on then I'll p*** off now and do some weeding. This is not progression. This is not football that will get us close to the winning the World Cup. This German team is bang average. This is typical English football from the last few years. With the players he has at his disposal, this is not just short of football criminality.

**** me you absolute miserable ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Almost as if he's a professional manager and not a bad one, not some moron the FA found living under a bridge like some on here make him sound.

Sam Allardyce is a professional manager. What did you think of GS's team selection today?

I blame Brexit for this…..where’s Billy?

Edited by Van wink

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Enjoy the weeding. Only the likes of Kevin Keegan play a pile of attacking midfielders against a side that's known to be dangerous on the counter-attack.

Football criminality is playing in such a manner that plays straight into the hands of your opponents.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

**** me you absolute miserable ****.

You bet your life I am happy that we are going to win this game, but it's not just about today.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Enjoy the weeding. Only the likes of Kevin Keegan play a pile of attacking midfielders against a side that's known to be dangerous on the counter-attack.

Football criminality is playing in such a manner that plays straight into the hands of your opponents.

That's not what I have been saying

Credit where it’s due, that’s a great couple of goals.

Shame the first 70 mins was so poor, and against a better side we may not still be in the game by the time we actually start to play to our potential.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Sam Allardyce is a professional manager. What did you think of GS's team selection today?

Got it right obviously as we're 2-0 up. Tournament football is about winning, nothing else!!. 

England negotiate the group stage with relative comfort and without conceding a goal- 'yeah but they are all ****e and we didn't win every game. Any of the group of death will batter us'

England beat Germany to make the quarters, getting further than any of the teams from the group of death- 'yeah but he didn't play Foden and actually all those group of death teams were actually bang average, doesn't mean anything.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Got it right obviously as we're 2-0 up. Tournament football is about winning, nothing else!!. 

Ha ha, absolutely right Ken

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Credit where it’s due, that’s a great couple of goals.

Shame the first 70 mins was so poor, and against a better side we may not still be in the game by the time we actually start to play to our potential.

Incredible. Just enjoy it you miserable ****.

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That's not what I have been saying

Then what are you saying?

Southgate's got this absolutely spot on against a dangerous side and is shoving an epic f-u-c-k-ton of BK8 hotdogs down critics throats. Needed a little luck here and there, but when you're playing top-end sides, you need it.

And I'm saying that as someone who thought Germany would beat England.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Then what are you saying?

Southgate's got this absolutely spot on against a dangerous side and is shoving an epic f-u-c-k-ton of BK8 hotdogs down critics throats. Needed a little luck here and there, but when you're playing top-end sides, you need it.

Yeah but what you don't get is as soon as we beat a top end side they suddenly become bang average.

• Like 1