3 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

I’m hoping we’ll step up today due to the opposition and really go for it. It’s the hope that kills you…

Edited by Canary Jedi
Severe muppetry

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

How many did you expect us to beat Germany by, and what do you think the score would have been had we replaced Tripper and Rice with Mount and Grealish?

15 - 0

39 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Good header from the traffic cone!!!

I’m glad he scored but do think we’d be better off dropping him. I just can’t see a tap in transforming his tournament- but fingers crossed it does of course.

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

tears.png

Why do I get a feeling this image will be the front page of tommorows Sun/Mail/Express?

Because you fail to understand that 5000 German supporters were actually Remoaners, who wanted to cling on to some hopeless reconciliation through support of a major member of the corrupt EU ‘love-in’... 

Enjoy the Grauniad read tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What was wrong with the balance today? We scored twice and didn't concede any. It was a predominantly defensive performance, yes, but it still provided two goals.

How many did you expect us to beat Germany by, and what do you think the score would have been had we replaced Trippier and Rice with Mount and Grealish?

Trippier was exactly the right shout, especially against a Germany side with two very good wing-backs in Gosens and Kimmich.

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Because you fail to understand that 5000 German supporters were actually Remoaners, who wanted to cling on to some hopeless reconciliation through support of a major member of the corrupt EU ‘love-in’... 

Angela Merkel, Kaiser Bill, Adolf Hitler, your boys took one hell of a beating tonight.

Southgate navigated a difficult fixture (with all the associated history and emotion) with a solid performance which restricted a decent side to minimal chances - completing it with a fairly comfortable 2-0 win and again, we are yet to concede a goal.

I note the moaners on here were the same people creaming over France all tournament, as who we should aspire to play like. Would you rather be France right now?

I said after the Scotland game there's always a ridiculous overreaction (no difference to Norwich losing a match last season on here, in all honesty).

On top of all that its fantastic to see Sterling continuing to prove idiots that don't rate him as exactly that 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

On top of all that its fantastic to see Sterling continuing to prove idiots that don't rate him as exactly that 

Yup.

And although Grealish made a difference when he came on it was Sterling who was the difference between the two sides over the course of the game.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Angela Merkel, Kaiser Bill, Adolf Hitler, your boys took one hell of a beating tonight.

Just praying we can have that one star above the 3 lions. Then we need the one star above a Canary - dreams....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I’m glad he scored but do think we’d be better off dropping him. I just can’t see a tap in transforming his tournament- but fingers crossed it does of course.

Have to agree he's been very underwhelming to date, so let's hope this goal relights his fire (I couldn't resist the little dig at the traffic cone comment, do forgive me).

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What was wrong with the balance today? We scored twice and didn't concede any. It was a predominantly defensive performance, yes, but it still provided two goals.

How many did you expect us to beat Germany by, and what do you think the score would have been had we replaced Trippier and Rice with Mount and Grealish?

Come on Wacky, you know that is not how it works.

We scored twice (the first goal after 75 minutes with our 1st shot of the 2nd half) and the 2nd scored after the game opened up a bit as Germany chased the game. We didn't concede any, but 'could' have done ( because our predominantly defensive set up came bl**dy close to letting them). I felt we were a level above Germany, but that did not come over, during that game

I actually said (not on here) that I fancied a 2-0 win. I hoped it would be with a team and players that, moving forward could look to make a major impact on World football. Didn't feel that today. I'm not apologizing for  wanting more from those very talented players. 

Just now, GJP said:

Yup.

And although Grealish made a difference when he came on it was Sterling who was the difference between the two sides over the course of the game.

100%

Also where have you been? Missed your sensible posts (pure coincidence that they tend to agree with my own on footballing matters).

I do think Southgate introduced Grealish at the right - ish time too - we were starting to get a hold of the ball a bit better and Grealish is only effective when we have possession.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

They are either Germans visiting England so they weren't allowed to vote in the referendum or they are Germans living in England so they weren't allowed to vote in the referendum. Please learn some stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well done England.....My single malt, tastes all that more sweeter......Thanks to Scotland, something that they're good at......The German's?....Well they can have the Angel's share.....

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Sour Krauts?.....

Apparently if you don't like the way we play, you are a moaner, whereas if you don't agree with other peoples opinion its OK and moan at them, you are not a moaner.

Weird.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Well done England.....My single malt, tastes all that more sweeter......Thanks to Scotland, something that they're good at......The German's?....Well they can have the Angel's share.....

.....Oh, and up yours 'I don't recall...I can't remember'.....SNP Lego Haired Wee Jock Mcplop......

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apparently if you don't like the way we play, you are a moaner, whereas if you don't agree with other peoples opinion its OK and moan at them, you are not a moaner.

Weird.

Yeah it's a Chough life.....innit.....

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Weird.

Imagine if after Norwich had beaten Brentford earlier this season a bunch of people immediately jumped on here to say how Brentford actually aren't that good and Farkes tactics weren't actually all that great.

They'd be rightfully told to do one. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Give a weak opposition all the decent chances

Germany started as 4th favourites for the tournament. 

Yet in your mind they're somewhere between bang average and weak.

OK.

52 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

n the Sheffield pub, on their wall.  Caps a bizarre night....

20210629_170604.jpg

What came first.....the programme or the wallpaper?......

• Haha 2

Gotta love this website..... proper Tribalism. A visit to the Colosseum I would suggest. Fings ain’t what they used to be - 1800 years ago 

👎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Gotta love this website..... proper Tribalism. A visit to the Colosseum I would suggest. Fings ain’t what they used to be - 1800 years ago 

👎

You'll be off to gwadiator school werry quickly with behaviour like that! I will NOT have my friends ridiculed by the common soldiery! 😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Imagine if after Norwich had beaten Brentford earlier this season a bunch of people immediately jumped on here to say how Brentford actually aren't that good and Farkes tactics weren't actually all that great.

They'd be rightfully told to do one. 

We were right next to Brentford in the League. Germany are a few places below us in the rankings. Germany are a good team, but we are a level or two, above them, that is what I believe, and to cede to them, was a negative thing.

Just because I have confidence in our team to do the business, is not a negative thing. 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Germany started as 4th favourites for the tournament. 

Yet in your mind they're somewhere between bang average and weak.

OK.

Exactly, started the tournament as 4th favourites…

then the tournament began, and they were perceived as weak and bang average by people a lot more qualified to comment on such things than me (but by me as well yes)

Ok.

25 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Have to agree he's been very underwhelming to date, so let's hope this goal relights his fire (I couldn't resist the little dig at the traffic cone comment, do forgive me).

To be fair I could make a case for the traffic cone also finishing that header. 😆

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Victoria's let herself go a bit.....

Earlier in my front garden.... David apparently living it up with a Binner 

1D55C53D-1932-460C-A8AA-372BC6036824.png

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Earlier in my front garden.... David apparently living it up with a Binner 

1D55C53D-1932-460C-A8AA-372BC6036824.png

Well trimmed bushes